Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Billed off Eircom even though closed account months ago.

Options
  • 09-11-2016 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Why I am still been billed and getting text messages. Eir your one mess of a company. After the horror stories I see on boards I'm not surprised!!! Closed my account around three months ago and had to pay the stupid cancellation fee.

Dear xxxxx,
    Your new eir bill is now available to view at My eir.
    Your November bill amount is € 59.99
    Once you login to My eir, you can view a PDF of your bill, your bill summary and the itemised details of your bill online.
    If you are set up for Direct Debit we will automatically take your payment. If not, you can set up Direct Debit within My eir.
    You can also pay your bill securely & conveniently once you login.
    If you need help understanding your bill we have a full bill explanation available.
    Regards,

My eir Customer Support
    [/size][/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Jodotman wrote: »
    Why I am still been billed and getting text messages. Eir your one mess of a company. After the horror stories I see on boards I'm not surprised!!! Closed my account around three months ago and had to pay the stupid cancellation fee.

Dear xxxxx,
    Your new eir bill is now available to view at My eir.
    Your November bill amount is € 59.99
    Once you login to My eir, you can view a PDF of your bill, your bill summary and the itemised details of your bill online.
    If you are set up for Direct Debit we will automatically take your payment. If not, you can set up Direct Debit within My eir.
    You can also pay your bill securely & conveniently once you login.
    If you need help understanding your bill we have a full bill explanation available.
    Regards,

My eir Customer Support
    [/size][/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    Hope you returned your modem  - this is the standard charge they impose if you don't. Don't pay (I cancelled my DD as I had returned it but had nothing but grief until it was eventually sorted out) and they will refer it to their debt collection agents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Okay that could be it. Eircom who do I send this to?

I was told on the phone that a courier would call for it? i told your customer service I was moving out of a rented house and I wouldn't be there. They said the courier would ring me. They didn't!

Hello can you hear me? How do I return the modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hello can you hear me? How do I return the modem?
    Hi Jodotman

Apologies for the delayed response. You can post the modem back to the free post address below with your account number & once this is posted feel free to PM me the account number & I can arrange for this fee to be fully waived. 

eir Returns
    PO Box 12726
    Freepost

Dublin 11

- Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Its hard to understand Eir's policy in relation to this - they hardly are going to re-issue the modems to new customers and will readily accept your word that the modem has been returned. It seems its a money grabbing exercise by Eir

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

kranbo wrote: »
    Its hard to understand Eir's policy in relation to this - they hardly are going to re-issue the modems to new customers and will readily accept your word that the modem has been returned. It seems its a money grabbing exercise by Eir
    Thanks for the feedback kranbo,

-Pamela 

Hi Posted back thanks, PM sent to Steacy. Can you let me know when the charge is removed.

Surprise Surprise, got a call off a debt collection today even though I was told the fee was removed.

This company is an outright joke.

Surprise Surprise, got a call off a debt collection today even though I was told the fee was removed.

This company is an outright joke.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Stacey has requested to have your balance updated [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jodotman.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]This usually takes 10-15 working days & you should receive no further communication.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the inconvenience caused.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Why don't Eir contact the person before giving your details to a debt collection company?

Surely its illegal that they don't make any contact with you?

• Advertisement

Why don't Eir contact the person before giving your details to a debt collection company?

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would be sent a final & closing bill [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jodotman [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]to advise there is a balance still owed on your account.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would be sent a final & closing bill [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jodotman [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]to advise there is a balance still owed on your account.[/font]

I told your customer representative that I was renting a house share and would be moving out and moving to another address. I asked them to update my billing address and said they couldn't and that I could login online to view my bill. Well there was no bill available online.

I told your customer representative that I was renting a house share and would be moving out and moving to another address. I asked them to update my billing address and said they couldn't and that I could login online to view my bill. Well there was no bill available online.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the inconvenience [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jodotman,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can sent you a copy if you wish?[/font]

Advertisement