Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That's the point, Alps. Look through the fog.
    So is it the case that, fixed price is now penalised, in not getting, hardship payout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

mahoney_j wrote:
    Seems most of our coops are trying to confuse the fook out of us re our milk price ,on closer examination of my Arrabawn statement it seems there not paying the 2 cent weather bonus on any fixed milk ,no communication of this and on statement as a 2017 cash bonus

Something inequitable about that.

It's either milk price in the normal course of trading or it's a subsidy, albeit one well warranted. If it's a subsidy I don't see how it can be offered to some suppliers but not to others.

And if it's milk price they should stop with the .. As Whelan would say... makey uppy nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

Could this upswing in the US help with our Skim overhang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

alps wrote: »
    Could this upswing in the US help with our Skim overhang?
    Interestingly, only about 10% of the skim in intervention is Irish skim, some 37K tonnes out of 350k tonnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think it was the French and Germans stuffed in the skim. Clever way to get rid of extra raw production and keep up the retail price and margin on their higher value products. Ask Gawd, I think he wrote on it, before.

• Advertisement

Just in after a meeting. The current market returns to farmers is just under 30c. The good thing is the trend is upwards atm but will probably stay at 30c till the middle of the year and start rising then.

Also, IFAs Catherine Lascusettes(?) calculated that €190m of returns from June 2016 to September 2017 wasn't returned to farmers and at least some of it was used to beef up balance sheets. Still close to half that not allocated to anything beneficial to farmers as yet.

Skim starting to move. 24k tonnes sold last week at €1050/t after being bought at €1690. First time the EU will have lost on skim sales in a long long time. If demand stays rising as currently seen, demand for skim will bring buyers onto the market again. They expect the bulk of skim to be gone by year end so the big overhang and downward pressure on prices caused by skim will be gone. Spot prices at around €1350 atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Was in the top 10% of suppliers prices last month at just over 37 cent at 3.48p and 4.07 bf. That's assuming the 2 cent was included now mind you hard to make out from statement. More a case of how the weather affected so many of the rest rather than how it was me doing well as rarely in near top 10% price was bar maybe July when aut calvers would be at end of lactation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

Mooooo wrote: »
    Was in the top 10% of suppliers prices last month at just over 37 cent at 3.48p and 4.07 bf. That's assuming the 2 cent was included now mind you hard to make out from statement. More a case of how the weather affected so many of the rest rather than how it was me doing well as rarely in near top 10% price was bar maybe July when aut calvers would be at end of lactation

Great protein there Moooooo for the month that was in it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mooooo wrote: »

3.34p and 4.25bf here which average out at similar solids to you, but the Glanbia price could only stretch to 34.5c/l, even with the liquid bonus.

One thing I will say, thank Fook Glanbia changed the p to bf payment ratio from 2.6 back to 1.7, with proteins on the floor for March that was probably worth a c/l!

alps wrote: »
    Great protein there Moooooo for the month that was in it...

One could argue twas the bad things keeping it up, a couple aut calved cows rollovers and prob more fresh calvers in March than Feb. If there was a year to be back in cows and calving late twas this one I spose

• Advertisement

Just in after a meeting. The current market returns to farmers is just under 30c. The good thing is the trend is upwards atm but will probably stay at 30c till the middle of the year and start rising then.

Also, IFAs Catherine Lascusettes(?) calculated that €190m of returns from June 2016 to September 2017 wasn't returned to farmers and at least some of it was used to beef up balance sheets. Still close to half that not allocated to anything beneficial to farmers as yet.

Skim starting to move. 24k tonnes sold last week at €1050/t after being bought at €1690. First time the EU will have lost on skim sales in a long long time. If demand stays rising as currently seen, demand for skim will bring buyers onto the market again. They expect the bulk of skim to be gone by year end so the big overhang and downward pressure on prices caused by skim will be gone. Spot prices at around €1350 atm.

Link for some of that.

http://ifa.newsweaver.com/IFAdairynewsletter/1mlajq2s0vwoa4i7y1nm0d?email=true&a=1&p=2427195&t=248785

GDT down 1.1%. Butter holds and skim up 3.5%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭jaymla627

GDT down 1.1%. Butter holds and skim up 3.5%

Glanbia looking to roll out advanced payment scheme of 2 cent a litre for 2018 when milk price drops below 30 cent , guess their about to pull the pin for April milk so how low they will go is the only question

Lakeland holds milk price but drops the support payment.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/first-co-op-cuts-april-milk-price-support-370994

As predicted, conditioned for the drop:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,731 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Glanbia at 29cpl and 2cpl makey up payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

whelan2 wrote: »

Did you get a text or is this a prediction.

Just got the text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,731 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

On glanbia connect. I didn't get the text yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

whelan2 wrote: »

French spot price was 18cpl yesterday...

Somebody is playing silly buggers there too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Somebody is playing silly buggers there too.
    Why do you say that.maybe dawg can fill us in but if its a market the same as normal if theres no one interested enough to bid higher thats the price

GDT up 1.9%

Butter up 2.4%
    Cheese up 4.4%
    SMP up 3%
    WMP up 0.2%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

K.G. wrote: »
    Why do you say that.maybe dawg can fill us in but if its a market the same as normal if theres no one interested enough to bid higher thats the price

Yes KG.
    I hadn’t looked in a while and I was expecting a stronger price tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

good news on the dgt, any word on when kerry are meeting to set their price and when will it be announced,

Henwin wrote: »
    good news on the dgt, any word on when kerry are meeting to set their price and when will it be announced,

2c drop to 30c but with a 1c top up. So all milk out of contract and new contract milk at 31c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Someone throw freedominacup in the crush, he's after having a silent heat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

kowtow wrote: »
    Someone throw freedominacup in the crush, he's after having a silent heat.
    Thats usually moo s modus operundy

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

K.G. wrote: »
    Thats usually moo s modus operundy

Yeah. Moo was at it for a few weeks. It must be a glitch in the Matrix....

• Advertisement

Dairygold down 1 to 30.5, adding 1c makey uppy payment as Whelan called it. So 31.5, will have to see if the 1 c comes before or after solids adjustment

Advertisement