Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold down 1 to 30.5, adding 1c makey uppy payment as Whelan called it. So 31.5, will have to see if the 1 c comes before or after solids adjustment
    Take it off you with one hand and give it back with the other :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Take it off you with one hand and give it back with the other :mad:

Will either be one or two cent next month shir, they'll drop the "hardship payment" or they'll drop that and the price another cent. Said this plenty times but it grinds my gears the way they also include the 0.5c quality bonus in the price when it's not even added before the solids adjustment. If it was I wouldn't mind as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Dg can add in, the 0.5c quality bonus, all they like in their press releases, but the IFJ doesn't incl in the base price. Same applies to the West Cork Coops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn base at standard solids 32 .05 vat inc base price dropped 1 cent and support of 1 cent added back .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,730 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Arrabawn base at standard solids 32 .05 vat inc base price dropped 1 cent and support of 1 cent added back .

So does the 32c include the 1 cent support? I find these milk prices very hard to follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

whelan2 wrote: »
    So does the 32c include the 1 cent support? I find these milk prices very hard to follow

Winning here, over 90% of April milk fixed and with the co-op top up getting 33 cent per litre at 3.6bf/3.3pr, it's some sweetner the support payments been paid on top of fixed milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Yes 32 includes support

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Winning here, over 90% of April milk fixed and with the co-op top up getting 33 cent per litre at 3.6bf/3.3pr, it's some sweetner the support payments been paid on top of fixed milk
    And fixed price balancing deduction taken off with the other hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

And fixed price balancing deduction taken off with the other hand

That was a hard one to fathom alright, can't figure out how they reckoned costs reduced in 17 fert was the only real standout but not by a huge amount

• Advertisement

Another 41k tonnes of skim sold for €100/t more than last month. Stuff is moving quickly now so there will be little stocks left in a few months.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/48-3m-of-smp-sold-out-of-intervention-372697

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭orm0nd

no need for any further price cuts and make it known to your co -ops

& yes b4 you ask, I gave a co op committee member an earful this a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

orm0nd wrote: »

That's for sure, we only got 27 cent this month with poor solids so can't take anymore cuts, we have a few maiden jersey heifers coming in next spring so hopefully that shud improve the solids

jaymla627 wrote: »
    This is probably the first month in a long time that you are "winning" would you have missed out on much last year by being in the fixed price schemes?

Henwin wrote: »
    That's for sure, we only got 27 cent this month with poor solids so can't take anymore cuts, we have a few maiden jersey heifers coming in next spring so hopefully that shud improve the solids
    April was very hard month . Our solids werent great here either, up to 3.5pr now . Just forget about it and move on

Where the payments ever made for milk that had to be dumped during the snow?

orm0nd wrote: »

My father used say you'd want to put a finger in the far ear to make sure it wouldn't leak out that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Where the payments ever made for milk that had to be dumped during the snow?

Ya we got 430 euro for about 950 euros worth of milk, happy with that, the coop didnt want to know, only for a board member working on our behalf we wud have got nothing. we asked the coop on numerous occasions to collect the milk before it went sour and they didnt.

Henwin wrote: »
    Ya we got 430 euro for about 950 euros worth of milk, happy with that, the coop didnt want to know, only for a board member working on our behalf we wud have got nothing. we asked the coop on numerous occasions to collect the milk before it went sour and they didnt.
    You're not that far from the Co-op either, if I remember correctly?

Any word on StrathRoy price?

• Advertisement

Got 33.98 incl vat. No fixed milk @ 3.47p and 3.87bf. The 1 cent makey uppy was added after solids adjustment so again price was not what press release said it was. Price received includes that.
    Was in the top 10% for protein but prob the bottom 20% for bf. According to statement bottom 10% received 28.6 @ 3.0p and 3.61bf top 10% received 34.41 @ 3.44p and 4.4bf
    Average p was 3.27 and bf was 4.04 at a price of 32.008c/L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

Wouldnt be surprised if Glanbia start paying in part bitcoin and part Japanese yen shortly. You'd wand a scientific calculator and the will to use it to discover the price of a litre of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

mf240 wrote: »
    Wouldnt be surprised if Glanbia start paying in part bitcoin and part Japanese yen shortly. You'd wand a scientific calculator and the will to use it to discover the price of a litre of milk.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/average-dairy-farm-income-in-ireland-now-above-86-000-1.3504505

Am i missing something? I grew up around farms and for years every farmer moaned they hadn't a shilling.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/average-dairy-farm-income-in-ireland-now-above-86-000-1.3504505

Am i missing something? I grew up around farms and for years every farmer moaned they hadn't a shilling.
    We dont know were these figures are coming from, if they are from profit monitor I know the % of dairy farmer who coplete the profit monitor is very small. How many farmers are teagasc clients? It was the same last year , a big deal about figures that no one knew were they came from. They are not representitive of what's really happening on the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I ain't getting nothing like that.
    Dunno it must be from bigger dairy farms with 2 and 3 Labour units and just the total wage from the farm. Instead of that being divided by 2 or 3 or 4.

Edit: I don't do a profit monitor either so teagasc have no idea of my profit/loss.

Easy to come to figures like that when certain costs are left out

Paper never refused ink. And there's a major difference between accounting profit and actual cash in hand at the end of the year.

If people want to believe the Times, which wouldn't exactly have a great name for accuracy in terms of agriculture in general, there's plenty of land for sale/lease/rent out around the country for IT readers to make their fortunes with.

Surprisingly, there hasn't been a deluge of prospective farmers out of D4 as yet to go pulling tits and shovelling sh!te down the country.

Any day now though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

We dont know were these figures are coming from, if they are from profit monitor I know the % of dairy farmer who coplete the profit monitor is very small. How many farmers are teagasc clients? It was the same last year , a big deal about figures that no one knew were they came from. They are not representitive of what's really happening on the ground

States its a national study, 85,000 farm.

I'm not saying everyone gets it but from my experiences i've spent 30yrs listening to farmers whinging its not worth it yet in that time i can't remember 1 ever giving it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

States its a national study, 85,000 farm.

I'm not saying everyone gets it but from my experiences i've spent 30yrs listening to farmers whinging its not worth it yet in that time i can't remember 1 ever giving it up.

There figures only include the day to day running costs of the farm they don't include the loans that the farm has or the farmers wage.
    Not fair that it's broadcast that way as it gives off an untrue picture.

Advertisement