Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Finest wrote: »
    I wouldn't panic yet , it was mid September when the top up was announced last year afaik
    Glanbia will need some time to calculate all the other coops prices so they can give just enough to put then a nose in front of all but carbery

I don't think so. I'm nearly certain they paid a bonus last July on milk for the previous 6 months. I was fully expecting a 2 c bonus on all milk supplied so far tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Finest

I don't think so. I'm nearly certain they paid a bonus last July on milk for the previous 6 months. I was fully expecting a 2 c bonus on all milk supplied so far tbh

Maybe you're right ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Maybe you're right ??

No you are right. It was paid in the August milk cheque in September iykwim. Just looked it up. Maybe it could be brought forward a bit this year due to the difficult year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

whelan2 wrote: »
    No you are right. It was paid in the August milk cheque in September iykwim. Just looked it up. Maybe it could be brought forward a bit this year due to the difficult year

It would be lovely if it was. It would help take a lot of stress off farmers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

Lakelands hold price not a great effort from a coop that paid a very bad price for its manufacturing milk pool last year . Lakelands suppliers / shareholders have already taken on the troubled fane valley coop and now seem hell bent on sorting out lackpatrick doesn't bode well for milk price going forward given that this is a coop operating on very tight margins. Wouldn't coops on tight margins already paying a poor price be better off capping or controlling production than trying to expand gung-ho

I taught a 1.5 cent increase was really justfied by lakeland this month wit trying to keep grass ahead of cows extra meal feeding and trying to keep water supplied to cows . I guess the end of the day its us clowns that will pay for the take over of lacpatrick not the creamery staff or its bank balance

• Advertisement

I wouldn't panic yet , it was mid September when the top up was announced last year afaik
    Glanbia will need some time to calculate all the other coops prices so they can give just enough to put then a nose in front of all but carbery

The July to December one was paid out in the December milk cheque in January

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

or maybe they should be paying the top price all year just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/agri-food/plans-announced-to-build-new-130m-mozzarella-cheese-facility-in-portlaoise-37122845.html

pity we cant manage to built the high value product facilities ourselves, we stump up money for a drier and leave they high margin side of things to the plc???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/agri-food/plans-announced-to-build-new-130m-mozzarella-cheese-facility-in-portlaoise-37122845.html

pity we cant manage to built the high value product facilities ourselves, we stump up money for a drier and leave they high margin side of things to the plc???

And the company already know where they are going to source their inputs...

Glanbia Cheese’s Portlaoise facility will source the majority of its key raw materials from Glanbia Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I presume, raw milk will go to Portlaoise and whey will return to Glanbia plc. It all depends then on the intertrade pricing, between them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Kerry hold price according to the app.

Kerry hold price according to the app.
    at what?

at what?

Sorry, no idea. Away for a few days spending it before they pay it out:p

Did the same myself on Saturday, bought a powerwasher:o

Just saw 31c@3.6/3.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

Did the same myself on Saturday, bought a powerwasher:o

Hosepipe Ban....######

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold holding at 31.5

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold holding at 31.5

Is that including or excluding the bonus you always talk about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Is that including or excluding the bonus you always talk about

Excluding the 0.5c. It's added after solids adjustment hence why I leave it out when I say base price., along with it being on a scale so not everyone gets the full 0.5c

Mooooo wrote: »
    Excluding the 0.5c. It's added after solids adjustment hence why I leave it out when I say base price., along with it being on a scale so not everyone gets the full 0.5c

Just like other coops so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Arrabawn up 1 cent to 32.1 cent

kevthegaff wrote: »

No makey up payment?

What are Strathroy paying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

No makey up payment?

Don't think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

kevthegaff wrote: »

Up a cent alright Kev but the extra cent is a drought bonus .i fookin hate that ****e it’ll probably go next month and they’ll make a song and dance about riding a cent but base will still be 32.saying that the 1 cent is most welcome

What are Strathroy paying?

1 cpl increase 31 cpl plus vat (32.67 cpl incl Vat).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

1 cpl increase 31 cpl plus vat (32.67 cpl incl Vat).

Any bonus on top of that bar solids?

dar31 wrote: »
    Any bonus on top of that bar solids?

Would you be tempted to move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Would you be tempted to move?

always at the back of my mind, the more glan mess with milk price and how they pay it the more tempted i am.
    i much prefer to get "X" price for my milk and no messing around with top ups, hardship funds and fixed milk prices.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

dar31 wrote: »
    always at the back of my mind, the more glan mess with milk price and how they pay it the more tempted i am.
    i much prefer to get "X" price for my milk and no messing around with top ups, hardship funds and fixed milk prices.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't go through it in detail but the puff piece in the comic with bergin last week seemed a bit scary in relation to how he wants comparisons on milk price done in the future.

Advertisement