Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Is it even a certainty their is going to be a top-up at all

Well my mind will be made up if there's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mooooo wrote: »
    How are lads looking 're yer own supplies and and what ye predicted ye'd be at thru milk contracts etc? I'm well back, 40% nearly on where I said I hoped to be but that is tb related more than weather related for me. If fodder reserves stay tight into winter there could be a lot of cows dried off to reduce intakes and allow time to maintain body condition so prices will want to remain high enough if the coops want milk production into the winter...

If I don't get at least 100 leafy bales this back end then I'm largely at nothing trying to milk on over the winter, our liquid contract is too small to be bothered with the hassle of turning on the parlour twice a day whole way through to produce some very expensive milk and the stress of heading into the spring with no maize to buffer feed the cows then. Scanning results will help me make up my mind also.

Actually for anyone else with a glanbia liquid contract, I got a letter from them today saying about how they are still in negotiations about the liquid prices and something like our contracts are extended to next March. I didn't really understand it too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Lisavaird paying 35.1 at 3.3p and 3.6 bf.....

Wtf are glanbia at at 31 cpl base price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

whelan2 wrote: »
    Wtf are glanbia at at 31 cpl base price

Notice period comming up soon time to access options ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭Water John

But, but, but, those West Cork Coops make money at other things to subsidise the milk price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

Yes but they don't have a stand in the ploughing or a special offer on dairy nuts available to farmers over seventy accompanied by both parents

Dairygold holding at 31.5

Are you happy with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭blackdog1

whelan2 wrote:
    Are you happy with that?

Id be happier at 32 think Arrabawn are at 32.75 so you'd like to think we could match it. Biggest problem in dairygold area is grass is still not growing and everybody is feeding silage still.

• Advertisement

Are you happy with that?

No. I'm bordering the west cork lads and they are 3.5 to 4c higher

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Are you happy with that?

It ll have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

DG payout 31c. 31.5c + .5c quality bonus - 1c share up and revolving fund.

Barryroe payout 35.39, includes 1c drought relief and and scc bonus.

On 1m lts the difference is €43,900.
    The Lean Farm Programme will have to keep the Wolf from the door this year.

Water John wrote: »
    But, but, but, those West Cork Coops make money at other things to subsidise the milk price.

Absolutely true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

And what would they be out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

K.G. wrote: »
    Absolutely true

Do they distribute these earnings as a monthly subsidy to milk, as an annual bonus to milk, or as a dividend?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Base Milk price is 35.10cent/litre. West Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

It won't translate for me. What's the jist of it?Didn't do French in school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭orm0nd

It won't translate for me. What's the jist of it?Didn't do French in school

The price of European milk should not decrease over the next 18 months, according to EEX ...

The liquid milk futures contract, listed for the first time on 15 August by the Leipzig Energy Exchange (EEX) , closed at € 33.85 / 100 kg on the maturity date of September 2018. Maturities monthly rates increase steadily to reach € 38.39 / 100 kg on Feb. 2019. They then decline to around 35 to 36 € / 100 kg in the summer of 2019 before getting closer to 38 € / 100 kg at the beginning of the year 2020.

It should be remembered that EEX's futures contract on liquid milk covers a quantity of 25 tonnes and concerns milk from four European countries: Germany, Denmark, Ireland and the Netherlands.

To consult : The prices of liquid milk on EEX (clearing price of August 15, 2018)

• Advertisement

Glanbia have a bit of milk bought at 29 cents up to the end of 2018 in one of the fixed schemes or am I dreaming?

mf240 wrote: »
    Glanbia have a bit of milk bought at 29 cents up to the end of 2018 in one of the fixed schemes or am I dreaming?

Yes I am in that one. Lads must be losing a fortune who have big allocations in it

Some people espouse that West Cork have a mysterious money tree. It provides money for all 3 listed by Alps above. This money tree is only able to grow in the mild semi-mediterranean climate of West Cork.

Some people espouse that West Cork have a mysterious money tree. It provides money for all 3 listed by Alps above. This money tree is only able to grow in the mild semi-mediterranean climate of West Cork.

The others have a money tree too, but the money only grows at the very top and the guys at the bottom only get what falls off

They made good investments in the states but being owned by the coops the return goes to the farmer members. Glanbia and Kerry plcs focus are there shareholders not suppliers. The rest of the coops then just don't seem to have made the correct calls at various stages to match the west cork coops

Those US investments have being paying a great dividend for 40 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

excuse my ignorance, or stupidity even.
    But the west cork coops prices being paid, should they not be included in all comparisons/milk leagues etc. with kerry/glanbia etc?
    At the end of the day they are a coop arnt they? the same as any other coop, who is suppose to have the farmers best intention in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

oxjkqg wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance, or stupidity even.
    But the west cork coops prices being paid, should they not be included in all comparisons/milk leagues etc. with kerry/glanbia etc?
    At the end of the day they are a coop arnt they? the same as any other coop, who is suppose to have the farmers best intention in mind.

Except Kerry/glanbia are not coops. The litre of milk supplied to them has to make a return to both the farmer and the shareholder.

Theres two levells to the investements in west cork .first is at carbery level which basically means milk is processed at 0 or below cost --profits from outside investments provide capital or repayment capacity to in vest in milk processing and price subsidisation.second level is at member coop level where each has business s which when they preform well gives the capacity to do the same as carbery.milk processing is a very low margin business in ireland

• Advertisement

Those US investments have being paying a great dividend for 40 years.

Less than half that number of years.40 years ago carbery was 80 %owned by express dairys in england.the 80%was only pyrchased in mid 90s

Advertisement