Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

Aurivo down a cent to 31 cent/l. I thought they would hold,

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭farisfat

What do ye think next spring will bring?
    Hopefully it won't drop to low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold held at 31.5c/L
    Despite all the negative vibes they were sending out last month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Glanbia milk payments are in early. On the minus side tax payment went out too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

whelan2 wrote: »
    Glanbia milk payments are in early. On the minus side tax payment went out too....

A bit of a that's not right feel to the balance then oh yeah....🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

farisfat wrote: »
    What do ye think next spring will bring?
    Hopefully it won't drop to low.

25-27 cent I reckon if it stops at that, oil is after dramatically tanking and this will curb demand for dairy....
    the journal showed some pretty sloppy journalism with the story about oil producing going to soak up any excess dairy product on the back of oil trading at 75 plus dollars a barrel heading into 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Hmmmm oil prices aren't going to be falling much longer,so maybe not sloppy journalism at all :)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/saudi-arabia-cuts-oil-shipments-to-us-in-likely-bid-to-boost-prices.html

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Hmmmm oil prices aren't going to be falling much longer,so maybe not sloppy journalism at all :)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/saudi-arabia-cuts-oil-shipments-to-us-in-likely-bid-to-boost-prices.html

America is currently producing more oil then Saudi Arabia and Russia combined, it will be a net exporter by 2024 of oil, with shale oil they are now able to get it out of the ground for 35 dollars a barrell....
    Saudi Arabia needs oil to be 80 dollars a barrel plus to fund its cesspit of a country hence it trying to control price like the above but it also needs to be exporting enough oil in volume terms on top of this to keep the show running, they’re playing high stakes poker but haven’t got a hand to play....
    Whatever about milk price it will be very interesting to see what carnage occurs when the Saudis run out of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

jaymla627 wrote: »

Whatever about milk price it will be very interesting to see what carnage occurs when the Saudis run out of money

How far away from that are they? Next ten years could see a big change. Would be mad to see multi million dollar hotels left idol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

jaymla627 wrote: »
    25-27 cent I reckon if it stops at that, oil is after dramatically tanking and this will curb demand for dairy....
    the journal showed some pretty sloppy journalism with the story about oil producing going to soak up any excess dairy product on the back of oil trading at 75 plus dollars a barrel heading into 19

How is the oil price going to effect dairy demand? I thought the only real effect oil price had was to help keep the grain price high with corn for ethanol, and therefor less cheap grain for the US to produce milk off. The single biggest world driver of dairy is still China from most reports I've read, and there is absolutely no let up in that demand, take a population of a billion people, even small % growth in this from the working class to middle income will result in huge dairy demand growth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Timmaay wrote: »
    How is the oil price going to effect dairy demand? I thought the only real effect oil price had was to help keep the grain price high with corn for ethanol, and therefor less cheap grain for the US to produce milk off. The single biggest world driver of dairy is still China from most reports I've read, and there is absolutely no let up in that demand, take a population of a billion people, even small % growth in this from the working class to middle income will result in huge dairy demand growth.

I think its to do with extra cash from high oil prices are available to use to buy milk powders.

43.43 cpl for October here

How far away from that are they? Next ten years could see a big change. Would be mad to see multi million dollar hotels left idol.

20 odd years maybe a few more is what analysts reckon, going forward the potential blowout when the oil money revenue dries up will make Iraq/Libya/Syria look like a kindergarden party, the fallout from Yemen and the murder of the journalist in Turkey has managed to turn them into a black sheep internationally, they where tolerated up to this year but their new leader is a lunatic

Timmaay wrote: »

The Chinese will take dairy product alright but at a price, fonterra have literally lost their shirt from dealing with them, given they are chinas largest trading partner re dairy exports and are barely returning 24 c/l to suppliers at the minute, why would any Irish company want to place a huge emphasis on this market, and hold it up as the number one outlet going forward to target for exports

GDT down 3.5%
    TItzlLr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

GDT down 3.5%
    TItzlLr.jpg
    Another big nose dive for butter ,anyone care to predict a milk price for late spring if we get a decent spring and volumes stay pouring in .....next year could be scary

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Another big nose dive for butter ,anyone care to predict a milk price for late spring if we get a decent spring and volumes stay pouring in .....next year could be scary

28 to 30c I saw earlier on today. And that's assuming it doesn't drop any more.

Milk collections are gone very erratic here. 3day, 2 day, 1 milking.... Normally collected everyday

28 to 30c I saw earlier on today. And that's assuming it doesn't drop any more.
    I hope it stops at that ,scary to think that after this year and all it’s extremes the country could end up around 3% higher than last year .an avalanche of milk could pour in right across Europe with any sort of decent year ,New Zealand already up 6% and America still pumping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭older by the day

32.44 cent a liter, including scc and vat. Can fix 10 to 20%, for 2019 and 2020. Is that good or bad, by the past few posts I have read, I should fix ????

• Advertisement

32.44 cent a liter, including scc and vat. Can fix 10 to 20%, for 2019 and 2020. Is that good or bad, by the past few posts I have read, I should fix ????
    Plus solids ????,I’d fix 20% at that price without thinking about it

whelan2 wrote: »
    Milk collections are gone very erratic here. 3day, 2 day, 1 milking.... Normally collected everyday

We're on 3 and 4 day collection with a few weeks and probably 4 and 5 in mid December with 1 collection over Christmas. Very little winter milk around here but their collection would be different.

Another 26k tonnes of skim sold at the latest tender with an increase to €1300/t. It's expected skim stores will be empty by May which should increase skim price to counter the butter price fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Received 39.13 for Oct. @ 4.04p and 4.18bf. The change on weighting for bf hitting me a bit here, near the bottom 10% for bf for the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

4.77fat/4.20pr.,received 42,55

36.157c/l to date 2018

Some are positive..

Looking at predictions earlier and saw a prediction that another 20k T of intervention skim to be sold at around €1400 at the latest tender and skim itself going for €1620, just above intervention price.

Today is the last GTD auction this year iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Dairygold are bringing in a sustainability bonus next year of .25c per litre for herds that have sdas+milk recording+herd health programme. Jim Wolfe said a price 'correction' ie reduction coming this month but was positive enough about milk price next year with intervention stocks clearing out and demand for proteins, and production back in Europe's big players due to drought effects. NZ obviously the big problem with production flying there at the moment. 8 months of revolving fund left next year.

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    8 months of revolving fund left next year.

Will there be a revolving fund to pay back the revolving fund?

• Advertisement

GDT up 2.2%. Most products affecting us are up slightly bar cheese.

4YXWj8u.jpg

Advertisement