Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What price for November milk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    What price for November milk?
    Lakelands first out of the traps with a 1c/l drop to 32.06c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Lakelands first out of the traps with a 1c/l drop to 32.06c.

Its a drop. But whens the last time we saw a glanbia base price over that ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Next Kerry Forward Milk Price Scheme will be 29.5 to 30.5, not a great sign of whats to come :(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Oil prices dropping rapidly, expect to see another few price cuts over the winter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭degetme

Signpost wrote: »
    Next Kerry Forward Milk Price Scheme will be 29.5 to 30.5, not a great sign of whats to come :(

Are you going to sign up to it? The last one wasn't too bad. I think it was 33c.

Kerry unchanged @32c/l, equates to 41.7c/l @ November fat and protein.

Kerry unchanged @32c/l, equates to 41.7c/l @ November fat and protein.

They normally don't name price this early do they?

They normally don't name price this early do they?
    No, they're usually one of the last but just got a text now. They might be changing...:rolleyes:

No, they're usually one of the last but just got a text now. They might be changing...:rolleyes:

Getting into the Christmas spirit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

wouldnt it be great if they gave a big christmas leading milk price 5 cent a litre present

Getting into the Christmas spirit
    oxjkqg wrote: »
    wouldnt it be great if they gave a big christmas leading milk price 5 cent a litre present
    I wouldn't be holding my breath:D

60k tonnes of skim sold at €1451/t minimum price on Monday. Looks like skim stocks will be gone early next year and help to balance the fall of butter a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Glanbia down 2c to 30c

(Plus 2c from cookie jar)

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Glanbia down 2c to 30c

(Plus 2c from cookie jar)

Aye happy Christmas, back to makey up payments.

With a drop like that and then using our share money to basically subsidise them in paying for milk,full transparency should come with it to the shareholder members
    Ie a detailed explanation as to why glanbia Ireland,(the entity we members voted to create on the basis that it was bringing more farmer control) is in trouble this month to this extent

Basically they should have to show us proof that things are so bad this month that they are down 2c a litre and also why management aren't censured for not performing as well versus other milk buyers

Mortelaro wrote: »
    With a drop like that and then using our share money to basically subsidise them in paying for milk,full transparency should come with it to the shareholder members
    Ie a detailed explanation as to why glanbia Ireland,(the entity we members voted to create on the basis that it was bringing more farmer control) is in trouble this month to this extent

Basically they should have to show us proof that things are so bad this month that they are down 2c a litre and also why management aren't censured for not performing as well versus other milk buyers

They do it because they know they can. Everyone else so far paying out 32cpl without top ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

They do it because they know they can. Everyone else so far paying out 32cpl without top ups.

How do we know what constitutes other coops milk price?

How do we know what constitutes other coops milk price?

In most cases we know that it's not coming from a members share sale subsidy. So it must be from margin. So it seems to me that Glanbia are either in increasing their margin by 2cent this month at farmers expense or are badly managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

In most cases we know that it's not coming from a members share sale subsidy. So it must be from margin. So it seems to me that Glanbia are either in increasing their margin by 2cent this month at farmers expense or are badly managed.

So badly managed people won’t sell their coop shares for €5.

• Advertisement

I was at a presentation by the head man of Carbery last week, him being a Kerryman, he came up to give a little presentation on the structure and where the benefits of ownership flow.

All I can say is it's a very tasty operation and an excellent structure to maximise the benefits of both co-op ownership and PLC management of the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I failed last months tbc 2 tests. bulk tank wasn't suckling detergent, had a recent arrival too.. will I get my bonus in december, arrabawn supplier

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I failed last months tbc 2 tests. bulk tank wasn't suckling detergent, had a recent arrival too.. will I get my bonus in december, arrabawn supplier
    Congratulations:D

Get clear detergent drums, happened me here last week but noticed straight away. I have markers on the side of the drums too so can see if it's moving. Oh and congratulations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Any pull Glanbia suppliers had to influence milk price was voted away with the lure of plc shares from the last two spin-outs, zero point in whinging about it....
    As bad as they are made out to be, at least with the fixed priced schemes they operate we all have a great outlet to cover ourselves when the bad years come, the cookie-jar money being paid out on top of fixed priced schemes is icing on the cake, the funny thing is I’ll have an extra 1500 Euro in my November cheque on the back of this price drop and the two cent top-up, it’s a ill wind that blows no good

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Any pull Glanbia suppliers had to influence milk price was voted away with the lure of plc shares from the last two spin-outs, zero point in whinging about it....
    As bad as they are made out to be, at least with the fixed priced schemes they operate we all have a great outlet to cover ourselves when the bad years come, the cookie-jar money being paid out on top of fixed priced schemes is icing on the cake, the funny thing is I’ll have an extra 1500 Euro in my November cheque on the back of this price drop and the two cent top-up, it’s a ill wind that blows no good

Not being smart but what did you lose out on this year by being in these schemes. I only have a small amount in them and can't wait for them to finish tbh. I'll take my chances

In my experience (over 40 years farming) fixed prices are great if you like the certainty, can cut your cloth to suit their measure and are prepared to be paid less over your milking lifetime
    That's why I'm not in them
    No amount of maths made them look worthwhile versus saving funds in good years that you may or may not need

Income averaging lately for tax is a must
    In my humble opinion

So badly managed people won’t sell their coop shares for €5.

I'd imagine they're too well managed so
    At the farmers expense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Not being smart but what did you lose out on this year by being in these schemes. I only have a small amount in them and can't wait for them to finish tbh. I'll take my chances

Depending on the top-up for dec milk if their is one, it will be probably break-even maybe will be down 2000 Euro worst case scenario, I love the security of the schemes to be honest, with eu quotas gone it’s very hard to see a scenario where milk goes above 34 cent plus for any great length of time combined with Glanbia been poor payers re a leading price/using cookie jar moneybut the scenario of a 2016 is always likely on a 3 year cycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Congrats !!!

give JR a buzz or drop him an email ,

Advertisement