Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

whelan2 wrote: »
    In most cases we know that it's not coming from a members share sale subsidy. So it must be from margin. So it seems to me that Glanbia are either in increasing their margin by 2cent this month at farmers expense or are badly managed.
    I was at a presentation by the head man of Carbery last week, him being a Kerryman, he came up to give a little presentation on the structure and where the benefits of ownership flow.

All I can say is it's a very tasty operation and an excellent structure to maximise the benefits of both co-op ownership and PLC management of the company.
    well have to have a word him.hes shouldnt be give away any secrets😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

So badly managed people won’t sell their coop shares for €5.

Your Co op shares are glanbia Co op shares. They are not sold at a fiver because they are worth 50. They represent our investment in the plc. Milk price or how glanbia Ireland milk division is doing has nothing to do with the reason Co op shares aren't selling for a fiver and you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭farisfat

Aurivo 30c.

farisfat wrote: »
    Aurivo 30c.

What was it last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭farisfat

What was it last month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn milk price held at 32.03 cent per liter ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Arrabawn milk price held at 32.03 cent per liter ,

Good news

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Good news

Yep good for now Kev ,Conor said at last weeks area meeting that next springs price circa 30 cent.novembers price is the price no market support or cookie jar fund to bump it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Yep good for now Kev ,Conor said at last weeks area meeting that next springs price circa 30 cent.novembers price is the price no market support or cookie jar fund to bump it up

C was a little out last time he predicted price IIRC. Hoping he's close to the goal this time.

orm0nd wrote: »
    C was a little out last time he predicted price IIRC. Hoping he's close to the goal this time.

Tbf at last janurary area meeting he stuck his kneck out and predicted at 2018 price for year with solids of 34/35 cent .other ceos were predicting 30 and under

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Tbf at last janurary area meeting he stuck his kneck out and predicted at 2018 price for year with solids of 34/35 cent .other ceos were predicting 30 and under

at the agm also , which raised a few eyebrows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/news/new-milk-statement

New and improved milk statements coming

The deal had always been that milk statements would be on line on 16th of each month. I wonder will they honour that with the new statements. It is a long time since it was actually on line on 16th of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The link in the tweet below gives a US export summary and an idea of prospects for next year. Honourable mention to Irish butter.
    https://twitter.com/rko2milk/status/1074653679595241472?s=19

GDT up 1.7%, butter up 4.9%, cheddar up 2.2%, skim up 3.4%, WMP up 0.3%.

I'll fire up a screenshot when the email comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Dairygold 31.5 including vat plus .5 quality bonus for Nov. milk. No change

SEmSmGi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold have made a slight change to the winter scheme, for existing members i think. Stay at existing volumes which was based on a percentage of 09/10 supply with which you'd get the bonus or supply a minimum of 28% of annual supply, that year, with which you'll get the bonus on all the four month winter supply once it's above 28%. Bonus price not changing

Up there now. There's a lot of information in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Up there now. There's a lot of information in it

Yep big improvement on the old statements. Interesting for me is the bar chart that shows how your payment is made up, constituents gave me nearly 12c over the 30c base, and others was 8 (which I assume the 2c topup in this others). So call it 6c for my winter/liquid bonus, across all my litres, so extra solids are paying me double what the winter bonus is. Nice oct/nov/dec milk prices are the only reason I'd be reluctant to sell the winter bonus, but on them sums its not as critical as I had actually thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Timmaay wrote: »
    Yep big improvement on the old statements. Interesting for me is the bar chart that shows how your payment is made up, constituents gave me nearly 12c over the 30c base, and others was 8 (which I assume the 2c topup in this others). So call it 6c for my winter/liquid bonus, across all my litres, so extra solids are paying me double what the winter bonus is. Nice oct/nov/dec milk prices are the only reason I'd be reluctant to sell the winter bonus, but on them sums its not as critical as I had actually thought.
    So you are continuing in liquid?

There is a 4c fine if you don't supply at least 650 litres a day in January or in any of the 6 winter months, I'm assuming other months are ok
    Also Glanbia in the new contract reserve the right to see proof that you are calving in autumn
    Stale cows milk is not good for liquid it seems
    So be mindful of those two things
    You'll have 2 yrs to comply with January anyway

Good news on the GDT today, up 2.8%
    2fv3LGN.jpg
    Skim up 7.9% should see intervention cleaned out very early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

2fv3LGN.jpg

Its a good sign for a year ahead if the first few auctions of a new year go in a slight upward trend. May it countine . There was a lot of downward results before the year end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

2fv3LGN.jpg

Buford...may I propose you stay on as our rep on the GDT board this year.....playing a blinder

alps wrote: »
    Buford...may I propose you stay on as our rep on the GDT board this year.....playing a blinder

Email comes in and I screenshot and post.

I expect to be MD this time next year:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

January 33.5cpl + vat.
    February 33cpl + vat.
    March 32.5cpl + vat.

Base price for 3.2pr and 3.8bf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

January 33.5cpl + vat.
    February 33cpl + vat.
    March 32.5cpl + vat.

Base price for 3.2pr and 3.8bf.

What would come in and go out on VAT in the year Dawg? Is everyone registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Text from Munster ai this evening.

"Join Munsters team at Dairygolds Milking For The Future Event in Corrin Mart this Fri Jan 11th 10am to 2pm. Sign up for Milk Recording + Herd Health on the day to avail of the 0.25cpl Bonus and see how it will add 50kgs milk solids per cow/yr in addition to establishing your herds disease status. To Opt out reply STOP."

Wowsers....50kg increase in milk solids just for milk recording. Wonder would they waive their fee if the increase isn't achieved. You'd wonder who writes these sometimes. I'm pretty sure the penalty is only 0.15 for a start.

I'm fairly pissed off that I'm being penalised because I decide not to do milk recording or herd health plan. I don't think it's any of their business how I produce the milk that I supply to them. It looks to me like they have a raft of people who were originally employed to get farmers signed up to the bord bia who are now looking to keep themselves busy, and the question now is where will it all stop.

I'm pretty sure also that having to do the health plan specifically with Munster ai (as opposed to say with my own vet) contravenes some kind of competition law, but I'm beginning to sound a bit like farmer Ned so I guess it's time to end the rant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

alps wrote: »
    What would come in and go out on VAT in the year Dawg? Is everyone registered?

If any business turns over more than €27k, it must be registered, by law.
    The vast majority of farmers make one vat return a year. I don’t know if they’re in a refund position or not.
    I’m always in a refund situation due to continuing expansion.

There’s vat on absolutely everything from fert, feed, straw, to livestock and bloodstock etc etc.

[When I’ve more time, I’ll post about a milk processor from here that’ll put Glanbia in perspective.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Text from Munster ai this evening.

"Join Munsters team at Dairygolds Milking For The Future Event in Corrin Mart this Fri Jan 11th 10am to 2pm. Sign up for Milk Recording + Herd Health on the day to avail of the 0.25cpl Bonus and see how it will add 50kgs milk solids per cow/yr in addition to establishing your herds disease status. To Opt out reply STOP."

Wowsers....50kg increase in milk solids just for milk recording. Wonder would they waive their fee if the increase isn't achieved. You'd wonder who writes these sometimes. I'm pretty sure the penalty is only 0.15 for a start.

I'm fairly pissed off that I'm being penalised because I decide not to do milk recording or herd health plan. I don't think it's any of their business how I produce the milk that I supply to them. It looks to me like they have a raft of people who were originally employed to get farmers signed up to the bord bia who are now looking to keep themselves busy, and the question now is where will it all stop.

I'm pretty sure also that having to do the health plan specifically with Munster ai (as opposed to say with my own vet) contravenes some kind of competition law, but I'm beginning to sound a bit like farmer Ned so I guess it's time to end the rant!!
    You obviously don't listen to too much radio or tv! If you did you'd realize the traction climate change is gathering in the media in the last few months, how dairy farmers are among the main culprits, and that 'sustainable farming' is the current buzzword, so our co-ops who are in the business of selling our product have to be pro active in keeping our 'green' image. If you think it's only your business how you produce your milk I think it's time you came out of the fog, this is only the start.

Advertisement