Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Glanbia have dropped support to 0.5c meaning 31.5c for Feb
    That's a drop of 0.5c in base price even with the cookie jar

That'll pay for the trading scheme from last month so...
    You couldn't make this up :mad:

Crossed posts. Did the liquid lads get their payment yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

whelan2 wrote: »
    Crossed posts. Did the liquid lads get their payment yet???

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Glanbia have dropped support to 0.5c meaning 31.5c for Feb
    That's a drop of 0.5c in base price even with the cookie jar

That'll pay for the trading scheme from last month so...
    You couldn't make this up :mad:

And Siobhan got a raise.......

Lake lands held at 32.06cpl. Can anyone explain what an interim market payment is please

Lake lands held at 32.06cpl. Can anyone explain what an interim market payment is please

Interim market payment means,they can take that 1c away,keep it there or add another cent depending on how the market ends up
    No transparency on what state 'it's' market is in, in the meantime
    Its entirely unacceptable for the largest processor 'majority farmer owned' CoOp to be treating its suppliers like this in the light of others paying more and obviously hikes in GDT
    Frankly it a mockery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Kerry have it dropped now aswell.
    0.5 cent makey uppy top up.
    What a dose of absolute scutter.
    If your in any sort of a situation in the next few weeks, and you need an excuse, blame Brexit.
    my car wouldnt start this morning - Brexit shur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

oxjkqg wrote: »
    Kerry have it dropped now aswell.
    0.5 cent makey uppy top up.
    What a dose of absolute scutter.
    If your in any sort of a situation in the next few weeks, and you need an excuse, blame Brexit.
    my car wouldnt start this morning - Brexit shur
    In addition (excluding milk supplied under fixed price contracts) the Group is paying 0.5c/L on milk supplied from May 1, 2018 to end of December 2018 which exceeds our milk contract price commitment.
    Arbitration looks like it's succeeding, I think:)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Where'd you pull that nugget about the 0.5c from Buford?

Also now that you mentioned the war, whats the story with the arbitration? Thought it was all supposed to be done and dusted before Feb 1st?

Signpost wrote: »
    Where'd you pull that nugget about the 0.5c from Buford?

Also now that you mentioned the war, whats the story with the arbitration? Thought it was all supposed to be done and dusted before Feb 1st?
    Oh crap, meant to add the link as well:o
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/milk-prices/kerry-announces-a-cut-to-its-february-milk-price-37909027.html

Nothing heard about arbitration officially, just some lads saying it went well and some lads saying it went badly and nobody I'd trust, tbh.

All I'd say is that Kerry, who wouldn't be noted for giving money away needlessly, have again announced an ex gratia payment linked to milk supply for last years milk supply similar to the one announced and paid last year for the previous years supply.

Now it could be simply out of the goodness of their hearts. Or they are getting some payment done now so they can say they were already paying 'a leading milk price' all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Oh crap, meant to add the link as well:o
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/milk-prices/kerry-announces-a-cut-to-its-february-milk-price-37909027.html

Nothing heard about arbitration officially, just some lads saying it went well and some lads saying it went badly and nobody I'd trust, tbh.

All I'd say is that Kerry, who wouldn't be noted for giving money away needlessly, have again announced an ex gratia payment linked to milk supply for last years milk supply similar to the one announced and paid last year for the previous years supply.

Now it could be simply out of the goodness of their hearts. Or they are getting some payment done now so they can say they were already paying 'a leading milk price' all along?

In addition (excl Fixed Price Contract Milk) Kerry is paying 0.5c/l on milk supplied from May 1 - Dec 31 2018 which exceeds our Milk Contract Price commitment.

Text from kerry Co op earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

In addition (excl Fixed Price Contract Milk) Kerry is paying 0.5c/l on milk supplied from May 1 - Dec 31 2018 which exceeds our Milk Contract Price commitment.

Text from kerry Co op earlier

Over to u glanbia with your 'commitment to pay a leading milk price'

As far as I can see glanbia had no justification to drop half a cent and this cookie jar money seems to be becoming the norm. Embarrassing really.

Over to u glanbia with your 'commitment to pay a leading milk price'

As far as I can see glanbia had no justification to drop half a cent and this cookie jar money seems to be becoming the norm. Embarrassing really.

The Feb base milk price is 31c/l incl VAT. Based on average Feb solids the milk price return inclusive of vat and bonuses is 35.56 c/l.

The Feb base milk price is 31c/l incl VAT. Based on average Feb solids the milk price return inclusive of vat and bonuses is 35.56 c/l.
    That's usually a typical processor narrative designed to deflect attention from price reductions

Solids have nothing to do with Glanbia
    They are the result of the farmers hard work and expertise and would be there anyway and paid for accordingly

Base price drops take money out of the suppliers pocket
    You could be getting 10c a litre extra for super solids and a base price drop still takes money away
    So please don't mention solids again in the context of price drops,they're irrelevant

That's usually a typical processor narrative designed to deflect attention from price reductions

Solids have nothing to do with Glanbia
    They are the result of the farmers hard work and expertise and would be there anyway and paid for accordingly

Base price drops take money out of the suppliers pocket
    You could be getting 10c a litre extra for super solids and a base price drop still takes money away
    So please don't mention solids again in the context of price drops,they're irrelevant

That was a message from kerry Co op.

That was a message from kerry Co op.

My point still holds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭roosterman71

alps wrote: »

Is it an excuse for processors to cut prices further if this took off as there is an insurance there for the producer to get some payout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Very nice top up on the February Cheque on the inflation index linked fixed milk with glanbia, not often your surprised when your milk Cheque is a couple of k extra then you expected

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Very nice top up on the February Cheque on the inflation index linked fixed milk with glanbia, not often your surprised when your milk Cheque is a couple of k extra then you expected

Statements aren't up yet. Where did you see that? what's the rate of inflation applied, I had a bit in that 28cpl scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

• Advertisement

jaymla627 wrote: »

Just saw my statement there the refund I got for fixed price was wiped out by the half cent drop in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Just saw my statement there the refund I got for fixed price was wiped out by the half cent drop in price

Smallest milk cheque we have got here in a long time ha. I was just looking my bank statements, 34grand in negative cash flow since the Nov milk cheque came in jsut before Xmas (as in the difference between my bank balance then against right now). No winter bonuses next Yr onwards either, best part of 400e/cow to tide me over from Xmas to paddy's day, that may be a rule of thumb for me as a spring producer moving forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold down to 30.5. 1c reduction. Plicks

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold down to 30.5. 1c reduction. Plicks

What was their justification for it?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Smallest milk cheque we have got here in a long time ha. I was just looking my bank statements, 34grand in negative cash flow since the Nov milk cheque came in jsut before Xmas (as in the difference between my bank balance then against right now). No winter bonuses next Yr onwards either, best part of 400e/cow to tide me over from Xmas to paddy's day, that may be a rule of thumb for me as a spring producer moving forward.
    Delaval (cough:D) used say you would need 250 euro a cow to get you to a good cash flow from milk every year. It's probably more now, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What was their justification for it?

Not a word. Bringing it back to the fixed price they offered earlier in the year

GDT up 1.9%. Butter up, skim down.
    j8UlzeL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Coops in this country must be looking at snd trading on different markets how any of them can justify price cuts is laughable and some even talking of further cuts next month seems to be a race to 30 or below for peak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

U can guarantee it will be below 30 cent for May and June!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Coops in this country must be looking at snd trading on different markets how any of them can justify price cuts is laughable and some even talking of further cuts next month seems to be a race to 30 or below for peak

Lots of SS to be paid for....

Advertisement