Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

alps wrote: »
    Lots of SS to be paid for....

And their bonuses don't depend on a good milk price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Ss ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

alps wrote: »
    Lots of SS to be paid for....

30 million plus been dropped in Arrabawn and I’d have to be worried about that sort of spend 0.5 cent per liter is on top of every price cut for us now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

lab man wrote: »
    Ss ?

Stainless steel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ss ?

Siobhans salary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

whelan2 wrote:
    Siobhans salary...

Not a dairy guy who's siobhan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Delaval (cough:D) used say you would need 250 euro a cow to get you to a good cash flow from milk every year. It's probably more now, though.

I think that was more putting away 250/cow when the price of milk was in the high 30s for when the price was either in the 20s or weather shocks? And the Greenfeild managed to blow through about 400/cow last year. I was more talking about the transition from a steady milk cheque every month to now being a spring supplier so big cash drain them few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭tanko

Not a dairy guy who's siobhan

Siobhan Talbot, Glanbia boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Timmaay wrote: »
    I think that was more putting away 250/cow when the price of milk was in the high 30s for when the price was either in the 20s or weather shocks? And the Greenfeild managed to blow through about 400/cow last year. I was more talking about the transition from a steady milk cheque every month to now being a spring supplier so big cash drain them few months.

3 words
    Discipline
    Discipline
    Discipline
    Your cows will give the same amount of milk except you should have at least as much more peak summer as you'd have sent in during winter
    Don't look at your June or July cheques saying oh my,how do I spend this
    Subtract your normal nov to February cheque amount from may June july and bank it elsewhere
    Set standing order back into business account for your requirements until its depleted
    Rinse and repeat every year

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭moneyheer

In addition (excl Fixed Price Contract Milk) Kerry is paying 0.5c/l on milk supplied from May 1 - Dec 31 2018 which exceeds our Milk Contract Price commitment.

Text from kerry Co op earlier

Over to u glanbia with your 'commitment to pay a leading milk price'

As far as I can see glanbia had no justification to drop half a cent and this cookie jar money seems to be becoming the norm. Embarrassing really.
    They never said they would lead the price up🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mortelaro wrote: »
    3 words
    Discipline
    Discipline
    Discipline
    Your cows will give the same amount of milk except you should have at least as much more peak summer as you'd have sent in during winter
    Don't look at your June or July cheques saying oh my,how do I spend this
    Subtract your normal nov to February cheque amount from may June july and bank it elsewhere
    Set standing order back into business account for your requirements until its depleted
    Rinse and repeat every year

I'm not gonna lie I'm still guilty of that abit here now ha, however the bank balance is a hell of alot healthy than the early days here 6 or 7 yrs ago when the milk sales were alot lower.

What are Strathroy paying now?

sYllDIi.jpg

whelan2 wrote: »

Any answer? John Murphy told us at a local ICMSA meeting that Glanbia are paying more and that there was a bonus coming next month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Any answer? John Murphy told us at a local ICMSA meeting that Glanbia are paying more and that there was a bonus coming next month...

What sort of bonus? A top up on last year's supply??

What sort of bonus? A top up on last year's supply??

He didn't say but that was the take away impression of what he meant
    I'll believe it when I see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Base 31.62 inc vat
    + 0.50 +vat quality bonus

Base 31.62 inc vat
    + 0.50 +vat quality bonus

So in truth Glanbia are not paying more than strathroy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

He didn't say but that was the take away impression of what he meant
    I'll believe it when I see it

Aren’t some of the profits from the G11 meant to start making their way back to farmers,it would be a small enough top-up in any case I reckon

• Advertisement

So in truth Glanbia are not paying more than strathroy....

Its marginal at this stage
    Somebody was saying thst the journal had it the other week that strathroy's profit last year was just a few hundred thousand out of a turnover of 70 million or so
    Unless they had huge one off write downs, those figures are shaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

April 35cpl + vat @ 3.2p and 3.8bf.

May 36cpl + vat.

June 36cpl + vat.

If there’s a no deal Brexit...all bets are off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

April 35cpl + vat @ 3.2p and 3.8bf.

May 36cpl + vat.

June 36cpl + vat.

If there’s a no deal Brexit...all bets are off!

Back of the fag box here, but converting your 36c+vat to 3.6/3,3 and adding vat it comes to 36.5 c ...

Doubt if well see it here at any stage this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Glanbia to drop to 30c on Friday. You heard it here first.

30 all in our will they top it up with co-op support, the interim payment is gone so I take it

I wonder whats their reasoning for it, ornua price is over 32 cent isn't it? Sure wasn't their base price for February 30cpl before the makey up stuff?

Then the rest of the sheep will follow French style protests needed at our coops

I wonder whats their reasoning for it, ornua price is over 32 cent isn't it?

Ppi down to 31 for march, the money going into extra stainless steel has to be pulled from somewhere, and the farmer is the easy target, to be fair it’s the rapid expansion of spring calving herds that it’s needed for so peak months milk price taking a trimming is sort of a roundabout processing charge in their eyes

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Ppi down to 31 for march, the money going into extra stainless steel has to be pulled from somewhere, and the farmer is the easy target, to be fair it’s the rapid expansion of spring calving herds that it’s needed for so peak months milk price taking a trimming is sort of a roundabout processing charge in their eyes

In reverse then u could say they don’t have to pay for winter/liquid milk due to lads calving and milking on supplying I contracted milk .your right on ss someone has to pay and as usual it’s the fool supplying it .lits of us been hit on double now we’re paying into revolving funds to pay for expansion and at same time seeing our price pulled so our ceos and coops make there profits ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

In reverse then u could say they don’t have to pay for winter/liquid milk due to lads calving and milking on supplying I contracted milk .your right on ss someone has to pay and as usual it’s the fool supplying it .lits of us been hit on double now we’re paying into revolving funds to pay for expansion and at same time seeing our price pulled so our ceos and coops make there profits ,
    What will be Arrabawns?

Advertisement