Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Still no Glanbia milk statements on line. 19th of the month now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Fixture wrote: »
    I think you’re wrong on that.
    Raboank sold their ACC loan book. Most of that was built up before Milk quotas were abolished as ACC stopped lending in 2014. Most of the loans were probably given out back in the boom times.

They only sold the last of those this past month to a vulture fund
    They have/had all the huge glanbia milk flex loans
    I'm not sure whether they were sold or not as they may be under the corporate wing which is still here
    So No Quite a lot of loans were given out to existing and new glanbia entrants for the aircraft hangers
    Up to a third also was/is available to refinance existing loans
    If you were an eager new entrant with a reasonable financial plan,you got it
    You'd want nerves of steel I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Front page of journal and a comment on this trend back a few pages re rabobank would be your answer, was wondering how in the name of Jesus some of the new entrant and established lads going up in multiples of 100’s of cows where financing all the merry go rounds and air-craft hanger size cubicle sheds

Could you flesh out a little please Jay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Could you flesh out a little please Jay?

Glanbia basically acted as a middleman to facilitate million euro plus loans on the basis most inputs are bought from themselves and of course you supply them your milk, unsecured I think as well as loan payments taken from milk cheque, within a 20 mile radius of here I would say easily 10 million odd plus was given out if you just joined the dots together where small fortunes where spent

The loans were with Rabbobank
    were they sold?
    Even though they are paid through the milk cheques,theyd have to have had personal guarantees
    what happens if theyre called in?
    as I understand it,these vulture funds call them in after just one missed payment,is Glanbia itself going to cover them? I doubt it
    Wasnt there an instrument created by Glanbia leveraging (our) shares a few years ago to fund the advanced payment scheme creating a lot more funding than needed,is that on standby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

Mortelaro wrote: »
    The loans were with Rabbobank
    were they sold?
    Even though they are paid through the milk cheques,theyd have to have had personal guarantees
    what happens if theyre called in?
    as I understand it,these vulture funds call them in after just one missed payment,is Glanbia itself going to cover them? I doubt it
    Wasnt there an instrument created by Glanbia leveraging (our) shares a few years ago to fund the advanced payment scheme creating a lot more funding than needed,is that on standby?

Rabobank sold the old ACC loan book which was secured on land property etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Forward Price Scheme 5 Offer confirmed at 30.6 cpl @ 3.30 Prot/3.60 Bfat incl VAT. Online Application open at 2pm today Wed until 2pm tomorrow (25 Apr)
    Not a very attractive price to be fixing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭degetme

Not a very attractive price to be fixing at?

Not bothering with it. I fixed at the 33c a litre 1 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

I fixed for 3 of the previous ones but would want to be significantly higher considering you loose out on any hardship bonus and other bonuses paid afterwards. Tie you in and then reward anyone who didnt sign up after. you live you learn

• Advertisement

Got a text from Ifa today of a meeting on Navan on Tuesday night about Glanbia milk price. Has there been other meetings held anywhere else.?I won't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

Is there a new world order in terms of dairy product price. I guess when you put an extra 40% of product in the market place, you can't be too surprised at the outcome...

Here's a little rule of thumb for you..from above..

47.51+21.43+32.75+36.61=138.3÷4=34.575
    Convert 34.575 to €= 30.84c/l is what we should be getting..

Normally there or thereabouts...

Please remember the plus vat money is from the government not the processor
    Glanbia is only paying around 28c base for example not 30
    What margin have they on the processed versus the farmer on the raw in cpl
    Substantially more than the man and woman at farm gate level doing the lions share of the work,is that fair for a supposedly farmer majority owned entity?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Please remember the plus vat money is from the government not the processor
    Glanbia is only paying around 28c base for example not 30
    What margin have they on the processed versus the farmer on the raw in cpl
    Substantially more than the man and woman at farm gate level doing the lions share of the work,is that fair for a supposedly farmer majority owned entity?

The Chinese whispers re them bringing in conditions re what is done with bull calves going forward could be the straw that breaks the camels back I reckon, lads are pissed of at the minute but imagen the anger if they suddenly make a serious issue over the above

jaymla627 wrote: »
    The Chinese whispers re them bringing in conditions re what is done with bull calves going forward could be the straw that breaks the camels back I reckon, lads are pissed of at the minute but imagen the anger if they suddenly make a serious issue over the above

If this is one of the reasons why they have pulled from the greenfield project, it is very wrong of them not to have come clean immediately on that reasoning. It is nonsensical that if they can't be seen to be involved in unmarketable calves, that it continues to buy from farmers that are.

If this is a condition that could form part of their future T&C's, it is monstrous not to let farmers know while they are still so early in the breeding season...

alps wrote: »
    If this is one of the reasons why they have pulled from the greenfield project, it is very wrong of them not to have come clean immediately on that reasoning. It is nonsensical that if they can't be seen to be involved in unmarketable calves, that it continues to buy from farmers that are.

If this is a condition that could form part of their future T&C's, it is monstrous not to let farmers know while they are still so early in the breeding season...

It all needs to come to a head at the co-op agm at the end of the month, hopefully the proper questions are asked and answers given, and it doesn’t just become the usual pre-planned speech’s from a select few suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭older by the day

alps wrote: »

Well sher everyone came back from new Zealand, promising the new way. I remember in 1998 a woman going around promoting "sacrifice paddocks", and wood chip stand offs. They were slow to talk about "bobby" calfs. Now they are selling Belgium blue, jersey crosses at the mart. No one wants to rear beef calves what do you think will happen

fvlnpc1.jpg

• Advertisement

Lake lands hold their milk price for April

Glanbia base of 30cpl plus half a cent of our own money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

whelan2 wrote: »
    Glanbia base of 30cpl plus half a cent of our own money

Is that up or down or pretending to be the same?

Mooooo wrote: »
    Is that up or down or pretending to be the same?

It's the same as last month. 30 plus our own half cent

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭moneyheer

That's 28.5 + vat +
    .5 cent of our own money. Feck sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

The pr spin now will be the cuts are over and there holding price but markets are volatile ......European spot prices are up ,ornua index up
    Snd 11 gdt price rises on the bounce .....

mahoney_j wrote: »
    The pr spin now will be the cuts are over and there holding price but markets are volatile ......European spot prices are up ,ornua index up
    Snd 11 gdt price rises on the bounce .....

A neighbour said to me this evening, just be glad they didn't drop the price...

How is See o Van's salary and bonuses in the millions and always rising when the company's share price, the view of the market has been in the doldrums for several years now
    The majority of shareholders must be right eejits,they're not farmers by any chance?

• Advertisement

Advertisement