Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Kerry hold price at 30.5c/l. Average price of 32.63c/l paid

Edit: price drop to 30.5 from 31c/l

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

think that bit needs editing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Does that mean solids on average only added 2.13cpl ? That seems low or there must be a lot of suppliers below the base price solids requirements which also seems wierd with such good quality grass around

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Does that mean solids on average only added 2.13cpl ? That seems low or there must be a lot of suppliers below the base price solids requirements which also seems wired with such good quality grass around

Mortelaro. I thought you requested people not to post only the base price.

• Advertisement

The Feb base milk price is 31c/l incl VAT. Based on average Feb solids the milk price return inclusive of vat and bonuses is 35.56 c/l.

A previous post below by you Mortelaro

That's usually a typical processor narrative designed to deflect attention from price reductions

Solids have nothing to do with Glanbia
    They are the result of the farmers hard work and expertise and would be there anyway and paid for accordingly

Base price drops take money out of the suppliers pocket
    You could be getting 10c a litre extra for super solids and a base price drop still takes money away
    So please don't mention solids again in the context of price drops,they're irrelevant

I asked a question
    I don't see how my comments on processors not having the right to be boasting about plus solids prices in the way that they do has anything to do with that

I'm even puzzled, by the way as to how you extrapolated my previous (and very valid) comments in the way that you did
    I certainly am not asking in what you quoted for posters to only post base price
    That would be pointless
    Posting plus solids returns is helpful to everyone as a comparison
    That's the farmers success not the processor is all that I had said in the quoted post

Talking out two sides of your mouth now

The April base milk price is 30.5c/l incl VAT. Based on average April solids the milk price return inclusive of vat and bonuses is 32.63 c/l.

Above is a message from Kerry Co op. Down. 5 cent for April's milk

Talking out two sides of your mouth now
    Explain clearly please what you mean there and what it is you are upset about or what it is you disagree with

You've not done that
    All you've done so far is quote a post of mine and say its saying something completely different to what its blatantly obviously saying

All I did today was ask Buford did the average price in his post mean on average solids bonus across all Kerry suppliers amount to just 2.3c

Nowhere in the post you quoted did I ask any poster here not to post their price Inc solids
    The post you quoted (for the 2nd time) gives out about the processor quoting the plus solids price(and the vat btw) as something they are responsible for
    They are not

• Advertisement

think that bit needs editing!
    Done now, thanks. Should have checked last months price before posting:o
    Mortelaro wrote: »
    Does that mean solids on average only added 2.13cpl ? That seems low or there must be a lot of suppliers below the base price solids requirements which also seems wierd with such good quality grass around
    Yeah, across the whole of the catchment, extra solids added 2.13c/l. And that's the average, there must be lots of lads getting less than 30c/l this month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold dropped to 30 cent, fcukers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mooooo wrote: »

Any makey up payment in that

At a meeting Tuesday night, a senior Kerry manager stated that Kerry's target this year was to stay above 30c/l.

Which is very encouraging:rolleyes:

whelan2 wrote: »
    Any makey up payment in that

You get a bonus for milk recording herd health screening, 0.15 and quality bonus incl bord bia 0.5 added after solids adjustment. The bonus for the milk recording and the herd health screening doesn't cover the cost of doing it.

At a meeting Tuesday night, a senior Kerry manager stated that Kerry's target this year was to stay above 30c/l.

Which is very encouraging:rolleyes:

Did anyone ask was there a target for his salary?
    After all if they're claiming they can't deliver world prices,why should their pay stay the same or worse rise?

Milk and farming in general in Ireland at the 'Co-OP' (and I use that term very loosely) processing end is dystopian for its lack of fairness,transparency or it seems good decisions towards its suppliers who do the lions share of the work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

moneyheer wrote: »
    That's 28.5 + vat +
    .5 cent of our own money. Feck sake

We’re on 37cpl + vat now.

I’m thinking ye lads need a lash of duck shyte...
    FFS that’s an insult.

All prices must be quoted without vat and at base price. Solids and other bonuses are your own personal business and shouldn’t be used by Coops or others to muddy the facts.

We’re on 37cpl + vat now.

I’m thinking ye lads need a lash of duck shyte...
    FFS that’s an insult.

All prices must be quoted without vat and at base price. Solids and other bonuses are your own personal business and shouldn’t be used by Coops or others to muddy the facts.

What are the base solids? Our base is on 3.3p and 3.6bf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

What are the base solids? Our base is on 3.3p and 3.6bf

3.2p and 3.8bf.

Mine are on 3.3p and 4.4bf Atm.

See bulk tank maintenance fee is increased now on glanbia accounts. Was 280 per month over 2 months. It's 341 per month now over 2 months. Now I know I for one get excellent value for this amount but just wondering what the rise is based on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

whelan2 wrote: »
    See bulk tank maintenance fee is increased now on glanbia accounts. Was 280 per month over 2 months. It's 341 per month now over 2 months. Now I know I for one get excellent value for this amount but just wondering what the rise is based on.

The price is based on "they can"...

Who is going to kick up? Who will stop paying? Who will change provider?

Grey crows on a rotting carcus...easy pickings..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Cancelled mine 3yrs ago. I defo don't spend anything like 680e/yr servicing mine.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Cancelled mine 3yrs ago. I defo don't spend anything like 680e/yr servicing mine.

I'd say mine is 3 or 4 times that. It's probably me that's causing the rise for everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Timmaay wrote: »

If your tank packs in on a hot summers day during milking have you someone that will fix it and call out within a hour our two no questions asked, pay a private company here for a service contract and basically see it as insurance if the above scenario happens they will be out to fix it and save having to dump a tank of milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

jaymla627 wrote: »
    If your tank packs in on a hot summers day during milking have you someone that will fix it and call out within a hour our two no questions asked, pay a private company here for a service contract and basically see it as insurance if the above scenario happens they will be out to fix it and save having to dump a tank of milk

Private contractor who recently started billing through glanbia. No service contract but very good service. They do a lot more than bulk tanks. Refrigeration business is on call. Not just bulk tanks that blow in hot weather.

Wouldn't be without the insurance either
    It's small beer for the peace of mind
    I pay public and employers liability too and wouldn't stop paying it despite no claims in nearly 40 year (touch wood)
    Public liability covers accidental anti biotic contamination too btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn unchanged 30.71 vat inc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

jaymla627 wrote: »

Thankfully I do have a very reliable chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Cancelled that maintance contract yrs ago.lad from midlands was supposed to call once a year to service the tank.never called.have a lad now that's only a call away if needed.he asked for a contract when he went on his own,I refused to sign up on the understanding that if I needed him he would be paid going out the yard.

• Advertisement

To be fair,servicing the tank annually is covered under the contract and should be done and including call out etc probably costs about half the insurance
    So it's really only or should only be 2 or 300 a year in costs not 4 or 500
    So buttons really

Advertisement