Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

How much is the call out fee I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

whelan2 wrote: »
    How much is the call out fee I wonder?

Depends how far you are I'd say
    Somewhere between 60 and a 100 I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Always meant to put up this table, base price incl VAT;
    West Cork 32.46
    Aurivo 30.5
    Dairygold 30.0
    Glanbia 30.5
    Kerry 30.5
    Arrabawn 30.71
    Lakeland 31.28

Please add any others.
    No nonsense about solids etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Water John wrote: »
    Always meant to put up this table, base price incl VAT;
    West Cork 32.46
    Aurivo 30.5
    Dairygold 30.0
    Glanbia 30.5
    Kerry 30.5
    Arrabawn 30.71
    Lakeland 31.28

Please add any others.
    No nonsense about solids etc.

Glanbia base is 30

Thanks Whelan, will correct. Feel free anyone to correct any error and repost.
    West Cork 32.46
    Aurivo 30.5
    Dairygold 30.0
    Glanbia 30.0
    Kerry 30.5
    Arrabawn 30.71
    Lakeland 31.28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭orm0nd

West Cork 32.46
    Aurivo 30.5
    Dairygold 30.0
    Glanbia 30.0
    Kerry 30.5
    Arrabawn 30.71
    Lakeland 31.28

Arrabawn is -0.5c/ltr revolving fund . ... will be a fair amount in the peak months.
    set for 3 years irrespective of milk price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

orm0nd wrote: »
    Arrabawn is -0.5c/ltr revolving fund . ... will be a fair amount in the peak months.
    set for 3 years irrespective of milk price.

Dairygold are the same,

I think as the Revolving Fund will EVENTUALLY return to you, not to subtract it from the base price. Also if price drops below 30c then RF is suspended.
    Just trying to make a simple base price comparator.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Way below the correct price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I think as the Revolving Fund will EVENTUALLY return to you, not to subtract it from the base price. Also if price drops below 30c then RF is suspended.

Not in Arrabawn ,Ormond is correct revolving fund of 0.5 cent is after 30.71,also 0.2 bonus for sub 200 scc including revolving fund our deduction in last 2 months is 2 cent .thTs a severe drop irrespective of wether we get money back in a few years time

• Advertisement

Penny penching, milk is waste of time at low 30’s expenses too high from what they were years ago .
    Well never get a fair wage for a fair days pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Not in Arrabawn ,Ormond is correct revolving fund of 0.5 cent is after 30.71,also 0.2 bonus for sub 200 scc including revolving fund our deduction in last 2 months is 2 cent .thTs a severe drop irrespective of wether we get money back in a few years time

So the cash price this month is 30.01c paid?

And the revolving fund paid back in 3 years after the deduction, May 2022 will have this months money repaid back, without any interest or a lump sum?

I must be getting old, I can remember when the milk price quoted was the milk price paid:(

Some have extra for low SCC, eg West Cork .55c, not sure if they have integrated that into price now. Others have a whole number of fixed price contracts. Others pay a bonus at the end of the year. Very hard to draw some defined line.
    If Buford wants to alter it to, cash price paid I would not disagree with it.
    It might be a way to push processors, over time to get away from the nonsense they use to confuse the base price, the cash price.

Some have extra for low SCC, eg West Cork .55c, not sure if they have integrated that into price now. Others have a whole number of fixed price contracts. Others pay a bonus at the end of the year. Very hard to draw some defined line.
    If Buford wants to alter it to, cash price paid I would not disagree with it.
    It might be a way to push processors, over time to get away from the nonsense they use to confuse the base price, the cash price.

Oh no, John, I was just trying to get my head around the way this funding option works for the guy funding the processing. It wasn't any criticism of how the comparison works and apologies if it came across that way, I'm just finding it hard to keep track of the different ways all this is being paid for:confused:

Kerry -32.5 home ths month for 3.85 bf 3.26 pr some fixed price in that to be fair
    I’m not jumping up and down as Johnny Logan wud day what’s another year

Oh no, John, I was just trying to get my head around the way this funding option works for the guy funding the processing. It wasn't any criticism of how the comparison works and apologies if it came across that way, I'm just finding it hard to keep track of the different ways all this is being paid for:confused:

Dairygold base will be 30 cent solids adjustment calculated then. Any bonus is then added after this, as well as any deductions removed, which in dairygold are the revolving fund, and the share up if applicable. Revolving fund will be paid back with no interest in a number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

When you include vat in the price paid, it’s not the price paid by the Coop.
    The vat rebate is a government subsidy and has nothing to do with the real base price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭orm0nd

If you have shares of 4c/ltr it will be refunded otherwise it will be transferred to up your shares. With increased supply very few people will get the refund.

Posting it included in the base price is misleading and giving the coop a false hike in the milk league.

When you include vat in the price paid, it’s not the price paid by the Coop.
    The vat rebate is a government subsidy and has nothing to do with the real base price.

In the same way VAT on farm purchases is a subsidy to suppliers?

Most farmers aren't VAT registered so the VAT on both sides of the equation mostly balance out so it needs to be quoted on outputs as well as inputs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Most farmers aren't VAT registered so the VAT on both sides of the equation mostly balance out so it needs to be quoted on outputs as well as inputs.

Dairy farms operating as companies don't get that vat rebate though and theres a lot of them

Plus anything fixed,building work etc,you can claim vat back on at either 13.5 or 23%
    Both
    I've no problem with Vat included in price here in this thread by individual posters
    What I object to is processors quoting Inc vat prices
    They're deliberately hiding or promoting hiding the fact that what they are paying is well below the psychologically important 30cpl

They don't want that broadcast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Mooooo wrote: »

Dairygold base will be 30 cent solids adjustment calculated then. Any bonus is then added after this, as well as any deductions removed, which in dairygold are the revolving fund, and the share up if applicable. Revolving fund will be paid back with no interest in a number of years.
    There will be interest paid on revolving fund monies

VAT is a national tax that differs from country to country, eg, Croatia the vat is 25%, France is 20% etc etc.
    The vat rebate is a grant/subsidy given by government as an aid to farmers. That’s not the true price paid and therefore doesn’t compare equally with what Coops are paying in France or Croatia.
    Base price is base price...

Every time I do a bit of business with an Irish agri enterprise, I’ve to do the calculations to subtract the vat. Everywhere else in Europe the price quoted is PLUS vat.

I always quote the base price that I’m getting without vat, without solids bonus, without gmo-free bonus (1.7cpl), and without seasonality bonuses (2-4cpl).

The poor feckers that are registered for vat are getting very unfairly treated because the Coops are paying them less for their litres??

Please quote without vat, just like the rest of the world.

VAT is a national tax that differs from country to country, eg, Croatia the vat is 25%, France is 20% etc etc.
    The vat rebate is a grant/subsidy given by government as an aid to farmers. That’s not the true price paid and therefore doesn’t compare equally with what Coops are paying in France or Croatia.
    Base price is base price...

Every time I do a bit of business with an Irish agri enterprise, I’ve to do the calculations to subtract the vat. Everywhere else in Europe the price quoted is PLUS vat.

I always quote the base price that I’m getting without vat, without solids bonus, without gmo-free bonus (1.7cpl), and without seasonality bonuses (2-4cpl).

The poor feckers that are registered for vat are getting very unfairly treated because the Coops are paying them less for their litres??

Please quote without vat, just like the rest of the world.
    Shouldn't we also quote input costs without VAT as well so? Sauce for the goose being the same as sauce for the gander?

The national discussion is centered around what price farmers actually receive into their accounts and 99% of any conversation about milk price I've seen, bar the Farmers Journal, has used the received price as the baseline discussion.

But if you want to continue down that road, using your argument above, it can easily be argued that farmers are subsequently subsidising their suppliers by paying them the VAT inclusive price. I mean, sauce for the goose, right?

But if you want to continue down that road, using your argument above, it can easily be argued that farmers are subsequently subsidising their suppliers by paying them the VAT inclusive price. I mean, sauce for the goose, right?

No you’re not subsidizing your supplier by paying them vat, you are paying a tax to the Government. The business that you bought your supplies from is registered for vat, by law, and are therefore only collecting the vat for the Government. Vat is a tax on the end user and is never paid by any business’, whether those supplies were imported or home produced. It’s a tax on consumers, and we’re all consumers!
    It’s a Government grant/subsidy given to farmers, and should not be quoted by Coops as part of the price paid.

Edit. I always quote prices paid for supplies without vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

Milk will go like every other commodity, a slight margin for the very efficient. No money for the primary producer and everyone higher up the chain profiting.

GDT down 1.2%. Skim up slightly, butter down.
    ATEUlYm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

West Cork 32.46
    Aurivo 30.5
    Dairygold 30.0
    Glanbia 30.0
    Kerry 30.5
    Arrabawn 30.71
    Lakeland 31.28
    Strathroy 31.59

Edited list above to add in Strathroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn atm on this morning ,,pathetic attendance which suited coop rough guess of 45/50 attended and not all were even milk suppliers not ruling out more price cuts ,average milk price for 19 put at circa 30 cent if current set of accounts are repeated were in big trouble over next few years new casein plant up and going for next year and it’s hoped this will add 4/4.5 cent to milk price as we can divert a lot of milk away from skim and into high value proteins .....

Got 41 euro for the herd health testing bonus. See in the deductions they charged 98 euro for bvd testing. Why in the fcuk are they bvd testing when every animal in the herd is tested already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Mooooo wrote: »
    Got 41 euro for the herd health testing bonus. See in the deductions they charged 98 euro for bvd testing. Why in the fcuk are they bvd testing when every animal in the herd is tested already

Because when they brought in the testing first they quickly realised it was a money spinner even an post have copped on to it.

Advertisement