Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Looking forward to Arrabawn topping the price league. then maybe the new mozzarella plant in Carbery will produce extra magic profits.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Water John wrote: »
    Looking forward to Arrabawn topping the price league. then maybe the new mozzarella plant in Carbery will produce extra magic profits.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Mooooo wrote: »
    Got 41 euro for the herd health testing bonus. See in the deductions they charged 98 euro for bvd testing. Why in the fcuk are they bvd testing when every animal in the herd is tested already

Is this the calf testing charge you're talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

No, health testing thru the coop. In the deductions there was 98 euro removed for bvd testing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,728 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No, health testing thru the coop. In the deductions there was 98 euro removed for bvd testing

We test for that too in glanbia in the health screening programme. I suppose it is a safety net that no carriers are in the herd?

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    We test for that too in glanbia in the health screening programme. I suppose it is a safety net that no carriers are in the herd?

Every animal is tested already, no need for it. Esp if milking as calves of cows all tested as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Are you sure thats not just the fee to Enfer or whoever for doing the ear sample testing? I pay for that from my milk account.

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Are you sure thats not just the fee to Enfer or whoever for doing the ear sample testing? I pay for that from my milk account.

**** it could be, will double check on Monday If I'm wrong which could be the case. Was cranky enough when I first posted.
    Apologies in advance if I'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Ha those deductions are a killer between BVD, AI, revolving fund, shareup etc. took 3K off me this month. Enjoy the stag lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Advertisement

Anyone at the glanbia Co op agm today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Anyone at the glanbia Co op agm today?

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/milk-prices/supply-boost-sees-glanbia-pay-1bn-for-milk-in-2018-38161527.html

€1billion including VAT
    That vat was paid by the government NOT Glanbia

Quite a commentary in the 2nd half of that article regarding how they're paying the lowest..
    Yes the LOWEST milk price in the country and have the highest margin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

http://www.milkprices.nl/Reviews/eng201903.pdf

not fairing well when compared to other eu countries

Says it all really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

There’s an article in La France Agricole (sister publication to Farmers Weekly) that claims that milk here is being seriously underpaid.
    Text from Coop yesterday saying that milk could hit 40cpl + vat for July and August. That’s at base 3.2p and 3.8bf.

I’ll know for sure before the 11th June and I’ll post then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

And note the 1c per litre bonus for GM free is not included on the above prices...paid by many coops...

Your milk is being marketed in the US as GM free...

The bonus is about €60/head at our production levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

The IFA dairy and liquid review sent out today says that the gdt rise since last November has been 27%(even with a slight fall may 21%)
    This would equate to 36cpl here Ex VAT
    Remind me where our prices have been going since last November again?
    Demand and exports of dairy products to China and the far east is way up

Fair trade coffee,how about fair trade milk? And we as farmers mostly own the processors
    Yet we are being RIDDEN

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Romaine

There’s an article in La France Agricole (sister publication to Farmers Weekly) that claims that milk here is being seriously underpaid.
    Text from Coop yesterday saying that milk could hit 40cpl + vat for July and August. That’s at base 3.2p and 3.8bf.

I’ll know for sure before the 11th June and I’ll post then.

I was at a friend's wedding in France last year and started looking up farm prices in France as a consequence. We've no real ties here and I'm really questioning where the value is in knocking my head against a wall long term given the pile of ****te we've to deal with here.

Working for the FRS years ago I remember a lad with a tiny milk block, renting left right and centre, not enough stability to invest in infrastructure on the leased ground, we walked up for his cows one evening and I remember hjm saying that if he was a 'real' businessman he'd sell up and move to somewhere with the requisite land. It's always stuck with me.

Romaine wrote: »
    I was at a friend's wedding in France last year and started looking up farm prices in France as a consequence. We've no real ties here and I'm really questioning where the value is in knocking my head against a wall long term given the pile of ****te we've to deal with here.

Working for the FRS years ago I remember a lad with a tiny milk block, renting left right and centre, not enough stability to invest in infrastructure on the leased ground, we walked up for his cows one evening and I remember hjm saying that if he was a 'real' businessman he'd sell up and move to somewhere with the requisite land. It's always stuck with me.

100 times more shyte in France.
    Believe me.

East is where the opportunities are now or even South America.

Another drop in GDT lNgvr9z.jpg

• Advertisement

Is it not regular at the end of their season for it to drop, do they up the volumes a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Is it not regular at the end of their season for it to drop, do they up the volumes a bit?
    Yep end of season clear out of warehouses etc ,not a concern

Bit about it below.
    https://m.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1906/S00017/dairy-export-volumes-advance-to-new-record.htm?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Sorry for hi jacking this thread but I sent off a milk sample to test a cow for pregnancy, the result came back not pregnant (open ) I was wondering why the text didn't say not pregnant?

July milk price only.

39.4cpl + vat base price at 3.2pr and 3.8bf.

* Doesn’t include seasonality bonus of around 2-3cpl or 1.7cpl gmo free bonus.

July milk price only.

39.4cpl + vat base price at 3.2pr and 3.8bf.

* Doesn’t include seasonality bonus of around 2-3cpl or 1.7cpl gmo free bonus.

Indeed I'm expecting a 9 cpl rise for May milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

More like a drop, that 3.2% margin glanbia have to make guarantees they will be the lowest paying co-op in the country going forward, any supplier that voted yes to the spin outs for some shares only have themselves to blame re milk price now

We only got 37cpl + vat for May...wouldn’t be right for Glanbia to top the May price league now, would it?

On the other hand we’re being offered €3.41 for 16mth bull beef...€163 for grade1 milling wheat etc etc. Swings and roundabouts...

Off for a ‘procedure’ now. Take care of your health folks. Milk price is only a transient little thing in life.

We only got 37cpl + vat for May...wouldn’t be right for Glanbia to top the May price league now, would it?

On the other hand we’re being offered €3.41 for 16mth bull beef...€163 for grade1 milling wheat etc etc. Swings and roundabouts...

Off for a ‘procedure’ now. Take care of your health folks. Milk price is only a transient little thing in life.

Mind yourself, Dawg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Latest Kerry forward price offering for July - Oct 2019 29.7c/l including vat.

Not much to shout about there.

Advertisement