Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Slight drop in GDT, cheddar up 0.8%, skim down 0.8% and butter down 3.4%.
    kyC0Aq8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Carbery 29.8cpl + vat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Carbery 29.8cpl + vat.

Vat 5.2% right?.not sure who gave you that info but it was right for them

K.G. wrote: »
    Vat 5.2% right?.not sure who gave you that info but it was right for them

IFJ Twitter a/c.

Is the vat 5.2% or 5.4%?

Anyone I’ve asked doesn’t seem to know.

IFJ Twitter a/c.

Is the vat 5.2% or 5.4%?

Anyone I’ve asked doesn’t seem to know.

5.2 i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

5.4, it went up from 5.2 afew yrs back. It's recalculated every few years, against an average figure of vat for all farmers that we would be able to claim back if we were registered.

Timmaay wrote: »
    It's recalculated every few years, against an average figure of vat for all farmers that we would be able to claim back if we were registered.

Who’s the author of that statement Tim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Me!, it's my interpretation of it from reading up about it a Yr or so back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Timmaay wrote: »
    Me!, it's my interpretation of it from reading up about it a Yr or so back.

You're on the money. Revenue don't want another 100,000 vat returns to deal with. A lot of construction subbies don't get paid VAT on invoices. Main contractor/developer is responsible for retaining it and paying it on to revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Are Carbery adding in 1c from the stability fund?
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/carbery-cuts-july-milk-price-487725

So in effect, there holding the base price to the farmer. This leaves them at 32.46c, with the Whelan proviso similar to Glanbia, 1 cent from stability fund.

• Advertisement

You're on the money. Revenue don't want another 100,000 vat returns to deal with. A lot of construction subbies don't get paid VAT on invoices. Main contractor/developer is responsible for retaining it and paying it on to revenue.

Lol.

Wouldn’t ye give Joe and the IFA the credit they’re due?
    When the IFA meet Creed/Pascal/Gov for pre-budget submissions, they don’t be looking at the Vat/non-Vat take...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lol.

Wouldn’t ye give Joe and the IFA the credit they’re due?
    When the IFA meet Creed/Pascal/Gov for pre-budget submissions, they don’t be looking at the Vat/non-Vat take...

They do, Dawg. One of the pre budget submissions every year is an increase in the vat refund, which never reaches the correct rate but is still preferable to applying to Revenue for vat returns and waiting for months for a query to delay the return even more.

They do, Dawg. One of the pre budget submissions every year is an increase in the vat refund, which never reaches the correct rate but is still preferable to applying to Revenue for vat returns and waiting for months for a query to delay the return even more.

Q.
    Who benefits, Government or farmers?

A.
    Farmers gain, Gov loose.

I’ve an inkling that people don’t fully understand yet how vat works as a form of taxation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Those with a touch of heavy metal disease might do a tad better

Q.
    Who benefits, Government or farmers?

A.
    Farmers gain, Gov loose.

I’ve an inkling that people don’t fully understand yet how vat works as a form of taxation..
    All good so

West Cork 32.46 incl 1.0 cent fro Stability Fund.
    Aurivo 30
    Dairygold 29
    Glanbia 29.5 INCL 0.5cent from Coop Fund
    Kerry 29.5
    Arrabawn 29.71
    Lakeland 30.78
    Strathroy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Water John wrote: »
    West Cork 32.46 incl 1.0 cent fro Stability Fund.
    Aurivo 30
    Dairygold 29
    Glanbia 29.5 INCL 0.5cent from Coop Fund
    Kerry 29.5
    Arrabawn 29.71
    Lakeland 30.78
    Strathroy

Most people trading with Glanbia will be getting .75c back in their February cheque,technically bring their price for this month inc vat and cookies to 30.25 base
    Debatable if thats any use if they're the equivalent of way dearer than that cashback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,728 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Most people trading with Glanbia will be getting. 75c back in their February cheque,technically bring their price for this month inc vat and cookies to 30.25 base
    Debatable if thats any use if they're the equivalent of way dearer than that cashback
    Is that for the trading scheme? If it is I dont get it. Pay more to them for your inputs to get a measly top up that should have been ours in the first place, am I missing something. I dont get .75 rebate as I dont buy much from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

whelan2 wrote: »
    Is that for the trading scheme? If it is I dont get it. Pay more to them for your inputs to get a measly top up that should have been ours in the first place, am I missing something. I dont get .75 rebate as I dont buy much from them

No you're correct but you'd be surprised the percentage doing business with glanbia agri trading,its quite high

Mortelaro wrote: »
    No you're correct but you'd be surprised the percentage doing business with glanbia agri trading,its quite high

Probably due to their ridiculous credit limits.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Paying over the odds for milk?

Paying over the odds for management?

Mooooo wrote: »

Lol. Excellent.

Touché!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Glanbia went all in on the sports nutrition side of the business, market is now saturated and given they overpaid for a lot of their acquisitions in recent times coupled with a hefty debt burden, it’s easy to see why the company is preforming so badly share price wise, a bad crew and worse captain at the ship don’t help either, only solace is Talbot has around 300000 plc shares that are diving in value so she is at least experiencing some loss.....
    The likes of carbery and Kerry group had a slow and steady approach to building up their companies glanbia basically just mortgaged the farm so to speak to go from 70 cows to 500 cows without so much as a viable plan to do this cost effectively and profitably long term

It would need a full analysis of all their various interests and strategies to compare. From the outside all one can say, it's poor management.
    If you are paid that well, you live an die by the stock price. Will that happen?

Certainly the purchase of Slim Fast, ties in with what yo say Jam. When you buy a business that's going south, the price is always too high.
    Unless somebody saw something in it that nobody else saw, it was a pointer of poor management.

I’ve an old friend that worked for the business mentioned in that article.
    Due to his wife’s health he took early retirement. In fairness to Kerry they gave him a lump sum ‘bonus’, a full years wage with bonuses, and a years gardening leave, with full pay, to work until retirement age iykwim.
    For years and years he would be complaining about how difficult and stressful his job was and was totally unsympathetic to my work pressure/stress etc.

His wife is thankfully is back to full health so he decided to buy into a little business in the service industry. The business is simple and is open 5days a week, but he’s claiming that it’s almost beyond his stress limits. Ffs!

He was on a juicy 6 figure wage with a bonus that almost doubled it, business class flights etc etc. Lovely.

What salary are the board members on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What salary are the board members on?

I don't know tbh. Blaming the market and other things is fine and dandy but the crowd running the show have to ship some of the blame as well.

• Advertisement

I don't know tbh. Blaming the market and other things is fine and dandy but the crowd running the show have to ship some of the blame as well.

I think we will be waiting a long time for anyone to be held accountable

Advertisement