Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Glanbia will pull another cent I’d reckon but will probably up cookie jar money a cent to hold price with it been ploughing match week

They might hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I reckon they’ll all hold ,looking at spot markets around Europe there steady and rising

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭farmertipp

mahoney_j wrote: »
    I reckon they’ll all hold ,looking at spot markets around Europe there steady and rising
    I hope you're right!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

It might just turn enough .production falling almost everywhere too except us ejits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

mf240 wrote: »
    They might hold.

One cent drop and then hold from sep milk onwards would save the plc 50 plus million given aug/sep are now 5 week months can’t see them passing up on it to be honest, with share price starting to recover they’ll want the plc’s end of years results coming in on/above target skimming 100 odd plus million from reducing milk price is a great safety net for them

• Advertisement

One cent drop and then hold from sep milk onwards would save the plc 50 plus million given aug/sep are now 5 week months can’t see them passing up on it to be honest, with share price starting to recover they’ll want the plc’s end of years results coming in on/above target skimming 100 odd plus million from reducing milk price is a great safety net for them
    I count my lucky stars daily I didn’t jump to glanbia few years back .saying that I really can’t believe how quiet we all are as dairy farmers re the cutting of prices ,great talk on line but coop boards and management are getting an armchair ride

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I count my lucky stars daily I didn’t jump to glanbia few years back .saying that I really can’t believe how quiet we all are as dairy farmers re the cutting of prices ,great talk on line but coop boards and management are getting an armchair ride

I've been saying the same since I started in 2012. Nobody seems to representing us. I hardly meet my next door neighbour who is milking as well. All I seem to be doing is milking cows to pay bills. I can't understand how dairy farmers arent organised as a group and kicking up stink

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

I've been saying the same since I started in 2012. Nobody seems to representing us. I hardly meet my next door neighbour who is milking as well. All I seem to be doing is milking cows to pay bills. I can't understand how dairy farmers arent organised as a group and kicking up stink

Are our board members value for money? If Substantial directors fees are being paid, surely we are entitled to expect results to be delivered back to us in the best price? Lads must be happy enough though if basically the same people are being reelected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I was moaning a month back to my dairy neighbour who converted from beef to dairy this spring about the Glanbia one cent drop, and he was what is your problem, good job you weren't full time at beef the previous 20yrs you'd know all about price cuts and no margin ha. I can't hugely argue his point, but us dairyfarmers do need to unite that bit better and all realise that we produce a valuable produce that is in big demand worldwide, and that we should be getting the best share of the cake possible from the processors, and certainly in a more transparent manner. It's all down to having alternatives, and a strong enough hand to negotiate with processors, and the current model of us locking into likes of 5yr MSAs definitely removes our ability to negotiate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Timmaay wrote: »
    I was moaning a month back to my dairy neighbour who converted from beef to dairy this spring about the Glanbia one cent drop, and he was what is your problem, good job you weren't full time at beef the previous 20yrs you'd know all about price cuts and no margin ha. I can't hugely argue his point, but us dairyfarmers do need to unite that bit better and all realise that we produce a valuable produce that is in big demand worldwide, and that we should be getting the best share of the cake possible from the processors, and certainly in a more transparent manner. It's all down to having alternatives, and a strong enough hand to negotiate with processors, and the current model of us locking into likes of 5yr MSAs definitely removes our ability to negotiate.

But but but Tim..have you forgotten, we are the processor
    We bought it off ourselves there a while back and we are now 60% owners

Confused? I Found a history of the glanbia farmer and milk price on YouTube
    Note the ending

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »

I agree but it never happens in reality and unfortunately it's hard to see that changing. When the MSAs came out first in glanbia, they had an early signing bonus and lads couldn't rush in quick enough to sign it. Even at meetings it's rare board members are challenged and held accountable for price. It's the attitude that 'sure once the farm stays going' that needs to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Glanbia down 1 cent, 28 base price 0.5 top up, an absolute joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Inc vat?

Even the cookie jar must be running dry, can't even top up the cent. Absolutely no justification for that drop after another drop last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Even the cookie jar must be running dry, can't even top up the cent. Absolutely no justification for that drop after another drop last month.

Plc needs cash and fast before years end, easiest way to get it is to slash milk price, the press release about depressed butter markets makes no sense, smp + butter combined is easily returning over 30 cent on world markets

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Inc vat?
    Yep including vat, sure it's great, we supposedly produce milk for a fraction of everyone else, no need to pay us as much.

This is beyond a joke ,every supplier now needs to get of there arse and tackle boards and management and seek explanations as to why they continue to cut price in a steady market and then insult us with quoting an average price paid which is the doing of nobody only the farmer .we have beef plan time for milk plan

This is beyond a joke ,every supplier now needs to get of there arse and tackle boards and management and seek explanations as to why they continue to cut price in a steady market and then insult us with quoting an average price paid which is the doing of nobody only the farmer .we have beef plan time for milk plan

Absolutely, and if it's bad management of the plc or co op, resignations should follow. It's time for accountability. They are paid highly enough anyhow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Now is the time to kick up whilst the price for milk *should* be good, and not wait until the ass falls out of the market. The beef lads left it very late to kick.

The price difference between you and us is beyond a joke now. In my estimation that’s 26.5 + vat? Disgrace.

Btw, I could organize some duck shyte if needed...:).

Plc needs cash and fast before years end, easiest way to get it is to slash milk price, the press release about depressed butter markets makes no sense, smp + butter combined is easily returning over 30 cent on world markets

U called it right earlier about the price drop. The 2 five week months were too tempting to pass dropping the price. A falling milk price and collapsed share price, optics don't look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭moneyheer

Inc vat?[/quote]
    Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,724 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Have lakelands announced their price yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Now is the time to kick up whilst the price for milk *should* be good, and not wait until the ass falls out of the market. The beef lads left it very late to kick.

The price difference between you and us is beyond a joke now. In my estimation that’s 26.5 + vat? Disgrace.

Btw, I could organize some duck shyte if needed...:).

No one will kick up
    They are afraid
    They'll take the tea and sandwiches at the glanbia tent next week as usual
    On 50k litres that's 500
    12000 Euro in a year on a million litres
    Tens of thousands of a loss versus your French prices

None of this will affect management, they're the invincibles...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

whelan2 wrote: »
    Have lakelands announced their price yet?

Yeah they cutting0.75 to leave them at 30 cent,

Snowfire wrote: »
    Yeah they cutting0.75 to leave them at 30 cent,

2 cent above glanbia. Says it all really

We need to let them know at the ploughing what we think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

was talking to a guy last week said Kerry would be cutting by 3 cent soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

lab man wrote: »
    was talking to a guy last week said Kerry would be cutting by 3 cent soon

Sure haven't they cut by 2.5c since 2015, that's only another 0.5c:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

Mortelaro wrote: »
    No one will kick up
    They are afraid
    They'll take the tea and sandwiches at the glanbia tent next week as usual
    On 50k litres that's 500
    12000 Euro in a year on a million litres
    Tens of thousands of a loss versus your French prices

None of this will affect management, they're the invincibles...

These cuts are far greater than 1c..

The 1c is for base milk at 3.6/3.3...

In reality for most, each 1c cut of base equals 1.2/1.3 c.....must work it out later

On 1million litres each 1c cut could be 15/16k

• Advertisement

alps wrote: »
    These cuts are far greater than 1c..

The 1c is for base milk at 3.6/3.3...

In reality for most, each 1c cut of base equals 1.2/1.3 c.....must work it out later

On 1million litres each 1c cut could be 15/16k

Add in revolving fund of 0.5 cent as well

Advertisement