Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Well if theres a brexit deal as is likely, then pardon my French but they can all fuck off with that excuse and maybe pay back what most analysts say they should have been and should be paying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,722 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Well if theres a brexit deal as is likely, then pardon my French but they can all fuck off with that excuse and maybe pay back what most analysts say they should have been and should be paying

Over 4cpl difference between lakelands and glanbia base price atm. That is massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

oxjkqg wrote: »
    Lakeland first outa the traps, held it

Kerry supposed to be appealing the binding arbitration and are supposed to have a legal team lined up to fight it.

Do Lakelands come down as far as us, I wonder?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭cute geoge

It shows what a shower of pricks kerry plc are!!!
    They would rather spend millons on a legal team to fight against their milk suppliers rather then pay any sort of a decent price .Is it time for kerry farmers to think about buying their supplies else where ???

cute geoge wrote: »
    It shows what a shower of pricks kerry plc are!!!
    They would rather spend millons on a legal team to fight against their milk suppliers rather then pay any sort of a decent price .Is it time for kerry farmers to think about buying their supplies else where ???

I wouldn't believe too much of what I hear going on though the lads I heard it from are normally fairly close to the mark.

There's plenty of lads spreading more slurry than a contractor on a fine day on 31st October. They have their own reasons for doing it, I suppose, but it makes trying to figure out what's going on kinda hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

cute geoge wrote: »
    Is it time for kerry farmers to think about buying their supplies else where ???
    Are we all not doing that already with how over priced they are? Bit embarrassed now if I'm the only one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Signpost wrote: »
    Are we all not doing that already with how over priced they are? Bit embarrassed now if I'm the only one

Well most of the time their prices are not too far off the mark bar this year ration was €30 off the mark .I purchase most of my fert and ration off them but they better up the price they pay for milk or i might not bother milking next year!!!

Glanbia 29cpl inc a 1cpl price subsidy from ourselves to ourselves ie to the plc...
    Base price unchanged at 28cpl
    Cookie jar money doubled (sounds better when I put it that way)
    Worst base price in Europe by several cent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Glanbia 29cpl inc a 1cpl price subsidy from ourselves to ourselves ie to the plc...
    Base price unchanged at 28cpl
    Cookie jar money doubled (sounds better when I put it that way)
    Worst base price in Europe by several cent?

I'll have you know Base price is 26.5cent/litre...
    https://twitter.com/farmersjournal/status/1183755338316730368?s=20

It seems the milk volume is not out there like was forecasted but the price can't be increased in case of what may happen in the future re markets.

It seems the milk volume is not out there like was forecasted but the price can't be increased in case of what may happen in the future re markets.
    What a load of bull.

• Advertisement

From today's IFA dairy Newsletter

In the August Farmers Journal League, Glanbia was the lowest payer at 27.01c/l and Drinagh the highest at 29.87c/l, a price gap of almost 3c/l! At 28.3c/l, the simple average of the FJ League prices is therefore between 1 and 4.2c/l below the Ornua PPI and other European indicators. (All prices net of VAT).

AND

Irish co-ops lagging behind in Europe

This month again, the three Irish co-ops in the LTO Milk Price Review (Glanbia, Dairygold and Kerry) come last. Their average price for August 2019, at €29.16/100 kgs, is €4.2/100 kgs (3.93c/l) below average. This gap has widened, leaving Irish farmers behind when markets allow for steadier, higher European milk prices.

AND most Damning...We're looking at you Glanbia... :mad:

gaps are widening between Ireland’s top and bottom payers—costing up to €17,000 on 500,000l milk output

Glanbia is bottom of the August league at 27.01c/l + VAT. The West Cork Co-ops have consistently been at or close to the top for the last 12 months. The top to bottom gap recorded by the Farmers’ Journal’s Milk Price League in the last 12 months has varied from under 2c/l to nearly 3c/l, widening in August. Using the FJ League’s own calculations, we estimate a 500,000- litre milk producer would have received nearly €17,000 over and above the milk cheque paid by the lowest paying purchaser if they had been supplying the same amount of milk each month to the top paying milk purchaser. Of course, farmers cannot pick and choose every month which milk purchaser to supply, but neither farmers not their co-ops can allow these unsustainable gaps to persist, never mind widen further!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

https://www.milkbusiness.com/article/rapid-expansion-of-european-milk-production-has-ended?fbclid=IwAR1NUE0nUKsN71i8OeOz82zrzxnnce98KwzX1u8tsldE8SyFno9K2BGkws8

No mention of Ireland nearly doubling its output in last few years..... are we that irrelevant?

Kerry unchanged at 29.5c/l incl vat.

There is a culture in Agribusiness, where the farmer sells his raw product, of shur that'll be enough for the suppliers, wouldn't want to give them anymore

That culture needs to go
    It needs to be replaced by FAIRNESS

GDT up slightly, skim up 2.5%, butter and cheddar down slightly.
    mNhcZQL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

So where do our processors sell product? GDT climbing...these European prices up massively since the start of the year, and the best effort so far from an Irish processor has been to pay out a little bit more of the farmers savings to himself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold upped the base by 0.5c to 28.5c/L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn held ,joke should be paying back the cent they cut last month its fully warranted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Looks like Glanbia are going to follow the English system of a and b litres with 19 as your reference year according to the journal, anyone know if the two cent a litre been talked about for new milk over your 19 total is every year for say a 10 year period our a once off cost...

• Advertisement

Well they may think again,because a change in a running contract is a breach of contract opening the door to leaving the contract unencumbered to in our cases move to a new processor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Well they may think again,because a change in a running contract is a breach of contract opening the door to leaving the contract unencumbered to in our cases move to a new processor

I assume the Strathroy lorry isn't far from your door either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Looks like Glanbia are going to follow the English system of a and b litres with 19 as your reference year according to the journal, anyone know if the two cent a litre been talked about for new milk over your 19 total is every year for say a 10 year period our a once off cost...

Would be a right pain in the bollix for me, I'm an easy 40k litres down because of tb this year.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Would be a right pain in the bollix for me, I'm an easy 50k litres down because of tb this year.

I'm sure there would be a force majure clause. Nice of glanbia to let the farmers journal know before telling the farmer on the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

On that what processor would take u in ,most coops even with millions out into driers and stainless are running close to capacity and will have to cater for existing suppliers first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'm sure there would be a force majure clause. Nice of glanbia to let the farmers journal know before telling the farmer on the ground

There won't be a cow dried off till the 1st of January.
    Empty milking cows just rose €500.

Ah I'd say it's kite flying and not set in stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

alps wrote: »
    So where do our processors sell product? GDT climbing...these European prices up massively since the start of the year, and the best effort so far from an Irish processor has been to pay out a little bit more of the farmers savings to himself...

It’s looking like the Irish processors either have a limited market for their product...or, they’re fleecing suppliers to line their own pockets.

All very fine for now, but what happens when there’s a fall in the market?
    The last crash I was getting 9-10cpl less than now...take that off Irish milk price and you’re under 20cpl...that’d sort the men from the boys fairly lively.

Timmaay wrote: »
    I assume the Strathroy lorry isn't far from your door either?

2 of them pass my gate as does arrabawn

Regarding the tb,that is force majeur alright as is last years drought which is why they wouldn't pick 2018 either

2 of them pass my gate as does arrabawn

Regarding the tb,that is force majeur alright as is last years drought which is why they wouldn't pick 2018 either

You forgot the snow

• Advertisement

All very fine for now, but what happens when there’s a fall in the market?
    The last crash I was getting 9-10cpl less than now...take that off Irish milk price and you’re under 20cpl...that’d sort the men from the boys fairly lively.
    We were at 19c less than a decade ago
    It wasn't pretty

Advertisement