Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

einn32 wrote: »
    He doesn't want quotas back but he also talks about manipulating milk price to ease the supply and controlling bull type on dairy farms to help the beef sector. Then brings in total refusal to process some milk! Imagine ramping up to have your milk sent back to the farm! The ending is a classic. We need our profit so the farmer has to take the lower milk price. Anyway the cost of production is low so they'll be grand!

Hands up anyone in winter milk that gets winter price for all their winter milk?
    Those would be a tiny minority
    More like only half or less would be the average amount of milk that's paid that,some lads way less
    He doesn't mention that because theres no foundation for his argument on winter price at all,nevermind actually giving the proper facts..

Who indoctrinates board (and I'm afraid some council members) with this shoite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Hands up anyone in winter milk that gets winter price for all their winter milk?
    More like only half or less would be the average amount of milk that's paid that,some lads way less
    He doesn't mention that because theres no foundation for his argument on winter price at all,nevermind actually giving the proper facts..

What's the mechanism that he and his cheerleaders on the board and councils could be removed, he is a lapdog for Jim and Siobhan, its bat**** crazy that a vote among active milk suppliers isn't taken to elect the chairman of the co-op, lads backs are being got up now, funny thing is once you get into it with Mr Keane he gets to trump levels of talking you down and coming out with some real gems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭blackdog1

i will get near enough this year under Dairygolds new winter milk scheme. get paid for up to 35% of previous years production during winter months under new scheme.you would need every cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭cute geoge

jaymla627 wrote: »
    What's the mechanism that he and his cheerleaders on the board and councils could be removed, he is a lapdog for Jim and Siobhan, its bat**** crazy that a vote among active milk suppliers isn't taken to elect the chairman of the co-op, lads backs are being got up now, funny thing is once you get into it with Mr Keane he gets to trump levels of talking you down and coming out with some real gems

The shareholders should call a meeting and if there is sufficent support for no confidence in the board of directors they should then demand an egm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

blackdog1 wrote: »
    i will get near enough this year under Dairygolds new winter milk scheme. get paid for up to 35% of previous years production during winter months under new scheme.you would need every cent.

In the last 4 or 5 years of winter milk here we were always within a couple of thousand litres of the winter amount. Still the bonus isn't enough tbh, one of the main reasons I got out of it

• Advertisement

Mooooo wrote: »
    In the last 4 or 5 years of winter milk here we were always within a couple of thousand litres of the winter amount. Still the bonus isn't enough tbh, one of the main reasons I got out of it

Yeah I think that's the bones of the point I meant
    It's either fill what you're allocated which wouldn't be enough usually to justify
    Or send in extra which dilutes the subsidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

jaymla627 wrote: »

Sure why would he care what price milk is . I know he has over a hundred cows and probably being short changed 15 to 20 grand a year, but he's getting 100 grand to nod and smile at siobhan and Co. So he's not going to rock the boat. Probably doesn't believe his own statement.

Yeah I think that's the bones of the point I meant
    It's either fill what you're allocated which wouldn't be enough usually to justify
    Or send in extra which dilutes the subsidy

Our winter amount was 30% of 09/10 yearly supply at the time, but indairygold the bonus is 5.6c / L. They have allowed an increase now alright but as I told them when they rang unless the bonus paid increased significantly I'm out. I get what your saying alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn price up 0.5 cent to 29.21 vat inc ,revolving fund of 0.5 cent comes off that it’s something but should of been more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Arrabawn price up 0.5 cent to 29.21 vat inc ,revolving fund of 0.5 cent comes off that it’s something but should of been more
    How does it work J, do we get the money back in a few years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭orm0nd

kevthegaff wrote: »
    How does it work J, do we get the money back in a few years?

Repayment starts in 2022 but you have to have shares of 4c/ltr, first. otherwise your money will be converted to shares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

mahoney_j wrote: »

Also note that the VAT of 5.4% is played on the milk price after the deduction of 0.5c, which should mean that you should not be taxed as having got the 0.5c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭orm0nd

39.63c/ltr for Oct. would be nice if we were getting that all year..... wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tobleronemad

Related sort of, question, if your trading account is in the red a bit does Kerry have the right to deduct money from your milk cheque and transfer is to your trading account without your consent? (I was deducted this month...kinda strange when it looks like they owe me more for the past four years in 13th payments)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Related sort of, question, if your trading account is in the red a bit does Kerry have the right to deduct money from your milk cheque and transfer is to your trading account without your consent? (I was deducted this month...kinda strange when it looks like they owe me more for the past four years in 13th payments)

Yeah, November cheque is normally the closing off of amounts owed from trading and deferred accounts unless you request that some is left till next month.

Kerry haven't accepted as yet that they owe you money so it won't appear until they make it official that they owe it.

I imagine interest on that money should be accrued as well...

Dairygold held at 28.5c/l... fcuk em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Dairygold held at 28.5c/l... fcuk em

Ah but when you factor in October’s average solids we’ll be getting over 37 cent.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Ah but when you factor in October’s average solids we’ll be getting over 37 cent.

Yes he should give 8cpl of that back to his processor though now that his spring costs are so low
    It's not right to take it off the CoOp...they need it more than the farmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,722 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What are strathroy paying ?

GDT up again, 1.7%.
    TIyLQx6.jpg

• Advertisement

Carbery hold at 31.4c/l

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/carbery-group-holds-steady-on-october-milk/

Lovely bunch of lads, them West Cork lads, all the same:D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Carbery hold at 31.4c/l

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/carbery-group-holds-steady-on-october-milk/

As I'm in West Cork, i think the parlour will have to go back in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

You do know that you can now go to Kerry and get West Crok prices too😎

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Carbery hold at 31.4c/l

This is starting to sound like the runup to a munster final

Closer to Balineen than danone here so it gets more than a little irritating when lads literally 5 minutes over the road are getting 3 to 4 cent base higher than yourself....

alps wrote: »
    You do know that you can now go to Kerry and get West Crok prices too😎

Thats only yerra yerra talk from those Kerry haures. ;) That kerry money has yet to "hit the farmers account"

Closer to Balineen than danone here so it gets more than a little irritating when lads literally 5 minutes over the road are getting 3 to 4 cent base higher than yourself....

Would you be able to swap or is there and invisible border that the West cork co-ops wont cross?

Would you be able to swap or is there and invisible border that the West cork co-ops wont cross?

A bit of an invisible border along with possible capacity issues I'd say in carbery if there was a lot of movement in. I think they were able to take the 30% extra from their own catchment without massive investment any more would see more steel required, open to correction on that. Same as all of us tho would like to see our own coop performing better

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

A bit of an invisible border along with possible capacity issues I'd say in carbery if there was a lot of movement in. I think they were able to take the 30% extra from their own catchment without massive investment any more would see more steel required, open to correction on that. Same as all of us tho would like to see our own coop performing better

There will be no problem with stainless steel.the problem is we dont want to give away our money and who says bigger is better

• Advertisement

K.G. wrote: »
    There will be no problem with stainless steel.the problem is we dont want to give away our money and who says bigger is better

Fair enough, just jealous looking down the road! Haven't heard of anyone going that way so assumed it was the invisible border

Advertisement