Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭einn32

https://www.lesoir.be/268805/article/2019-12-23/des-prix-du-lait-trop-bas-coutent-sa-place-au-ceo-de-milcobel

Peter Koopmans, CEO of Milcobel is fired for not returning a fair price to suppliers...

They get a bonus for that in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,722 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just back from fmp meeting. A decision is going to be made hopefully before christmas where the funding is going to come from for expansion milk. Time to get onto your local glanbia board member and air your views.

Anyone hear anything more on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Senior management don't work over Christmas. Only goms like us do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

They could be waiting till lads start calving, and have no time to make any noise about it, poor form they didn't stick to their word and let suppliers know like they promised what the situation is going forward before the year was out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It's probably the least of our woes..
    They'll need another few cent to cover this :eek:
    Just who is driving this bus ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/glanbia-to-defend-us-lawsuit-over-drink-ingredients-from-china-1.4129939

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/glanbia-to-defend-us-lawsuit-over-drink-ingredients-from-china-1.4129939

If its found Chinese company stole Americans company patent and then used glanbia as the middleman to facilitate getting their product into America, they are in for some settlement bill....
    Will be a great question to ask at these supplier meetings coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Reminds me of a compulsive gambler on a Paddy Power website picking horses running in the dirt track handicaps in the U.S. based on nothing only which is the favourite.

jaymla627 wrote: »
    If its found Chinese company stole Americans company patent and then used glanbia as the middleman to facilitate getting their product into America, they are in for some settlement bill....
    Will be a great question to ask at these supplier meetings coming up

They wont answer or say don't worry
    The time to ask is at the meetings to approve the 5 cent on the dollar buy out of the CoOp by Lakeland before approving the share spin out of €11 each (eleven euros)

They wont answer or say don't worry
    The time to ask is at the meetings to approve the 5 cent on the dollar buy out of the CoOp by Lakeland before approving the share spin out of €11 each (eleven euros)

The co-op detaching itself completely from the plc would be a best case scenario, with the plc off-loading its interests to a different company like synalot, just spinout co-op shares to members and take whatever they are making on stock market...
    It's a case of when and not if the proverbial hits the fan with the plc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

GDT up 2.8%. Everything up!
    uXAv14m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

36.3cpl + vat base for Jan/Feb/Mar @ 3.2pr and 3.8bf. That’s after 3cpl deducted for a rainy day fund.
    I hate this rainy day fund BS...it’s MY money and it should be up to me how I spend it!
    Organic milk is 52cpl + vat base. Some money for doing feck all extra.

There was a German dairy farmer/farmers union on radio saying that German dairy farmers need 42cpl to get by.
    Like WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

36.3cpl + vat base for Jan/Feb/Mar @ 3.2pr and 3.8bf. That’s after 3cpl deducted for a rainy day fund.
    I hate this rainy day fund BS...it’s MY money and it should be up to me how I spend it!
    Organic milk is 52cpl + vat base. Some money for doing feck all extra.

There was a German dairy farmer/farmers union on radio saying that German dairy farmers need 42cpl to get by.
    Like WTF?

Sounds like a good farmers union rep.

Kerry up 1c to 31.5c

In 2020,all glanbia suppliers are to get 0.4cpl per month as a profit share from the CoOp and its adjusted for solids with vat added so probably a half cent for most or 0.6c

The trading bonus is hurt as a result
    It's down to 0 2cpl for those that trade between 5 and 7cpl with glanbia
    The top amount is now 0.4cpl but the threshold is up a cent to an 8cpl spend
    So if you routinely spend 8cpl+ in the glanbia store you'll get a 1cpl roughly top up on your annual milk supply

The new 2020 fixed 31cpl inc vat requires a 5cpl spend already
    If base goes above 31 this year say to 32,then weirdly,unless I'm missing something,those who took this years fixed have No incentive at all to trade with Glanbia

Many if not most people's experiences mind you are that higher prices in glanbia
    anyway versus the competition already make trading elsewhere worth way more than the bonuses

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

strathroy milk price spring 30cpl +o.5quality bonus + vat , winter 30cpl +0.5 +quality bonus +10cent winter bonus +vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold increased to 30.5c/L

strathroy milk price spring 30cpl +o.5quality bonus + vat , winter 30cpl +0.5 +quality bonus +10cent winter bonus +vat

So base manufacturing price inc vat is 32c
    Base winter price inc Vat is 42c
    Is the winter price on a fixed number of litres or all the supply in winter months?

So base manufacturing price inc vat is 32c
    Base winter price inc Vat is 42c
    Is the winter price on a fixed number of litres or all the supply in winter months?

i am not into winter milk myself so not competly update with the contract . but they pay 5 cpl bonus for nov and feb , and 10 cpl bonus for dec and jan + all milk is paid on the a+b-c system . their is talks of changing the contract so you would have supply 20 percent of your total volume in the winter months , and has long as u meet this you get paid for every litre supplied . there is no limit on liquid contract like with glanbia . as i said i am only a ave spring man .

• Advertisement

i am not into winter milk myself so not competly update with the contract . but they pay 5 cpl bonus for nov and feb , and 10 cpl bonus for dec and jan + all milk is paid on the a+b-c system . their is talks of changing the contract so you would have supply 20 percent of your total volume in the winter months , and has long as u meet this you get paid for every litre supplied . there is no limit on liquid contract like with glanbia . as i said i am only a ave spring man .

That's interesting, so basically if you have a winter contract with Strathroy, ALL your milk goes in at 42c base plus solids this winter versus for example most glanbia lads where it might only be half and 4c less than strathroy on that half
    12c less on the surplus :eek:
    Infuckingcredible

That's interesting, so basically if you have a winter contract with Strathroy, ALL your milk goes in at 42c base plus solids this winter versus for example most glanbia lads where it might only be half and 4c less than strathroy on that half
    12c less on the surplus :eek:
    Infuckingcredible
    yep when you say it that way . sounds crazy allright . but you got to remember glanbia are a top heavy company in wages terms . believe it or not people still winge about the price

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭degetme

Lads would ye sign up to 32.6 cent for march to October inclusive including vat? That's Kerry's fixed price out at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

degetme wrote: »
    Lads would ye sign up to 32.6 cent for march to October inclusive including vat? That's Kerry's fixed price out at the minute

No

Arrabawn price up 1 cent to 31.2 vat inc
    Next fixed scheme announced too ,March to October for this year only 32 cent per litre but u have to trade with coop to value of 5 cent per litre if not 31 .i like fixed schemes but not jumping on this one

mahoney_j wrote: »
    No

What's going to be the base price from the big three for the year? Nothing linked to inputs in Kerry's fixed price schemes

What's going to be the base price from the big three for the year? Nothing linked to inputs in Kerry's fixed price schemes

33/34 cent

Current price is 31.5c so I'd be surprised if prices for the year don't exceed 32.6c by a good margin.

Added to that is the disqualification of fixed price litres from any top ups that might be agreed in the future.

I wouldn't go near it unless there was at least another cent in it but that's just me. To me fixing for 32.6c practically guarantees I'd be fixing for less than I'd get from not fixing?

Current price is 31.5c so I'd be surprised if prices for the year don't exceed 32.6c by a good margin.

Added to that is the disqualification of fixed price litres from any top ups that might be agreed in the future.

I wouldn't go near it unless there was at least another cent in it but that's just me. To me fixing for 32.6c practically guarantees I'd be fixing for less than I'd get from not fixing?

Ya not bothering with it. No top ups or qa or SCC bonus on that milk either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Arrabawn price up 1 cent to 31.2 vat inc
    Next fixed scheme announced too ,March to October for this year only 32 cent per litre but u have to trade with coop to value of 5 cent per litre if not 31 .i like fixed schemes but not jumping on this one

New departure here. This one is backed by FC Stone, not by Ornua. Its backed to 31c with the coop adding the 1c for the 5c spend.

I cant see a 1c profit out of a 5c spend, so it would look to me that the rest of the milk pool will make up the difference.

Might be reading this wrong, but it would be the first clear indication to me as to how the fixed portion of a price could effect the price of the rest of the milk..

Advertisement