Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Gman1987

alps wrote: »
    New departure here. This one is backed by FC Stone, not by Ornua. Its backed to 31c with the coop adding the 1c for the 5c spend.

I cant see a 1c profit out of a 5c spend, so it would look to me that the rest of the milk pool will make up the difference.

Might be reading this wrong, but it would be the first clear indication to me as to how the fixed portion of a price could effect the price of the rest of the milk..

FC stone do financial trading, not physical. You still need someone to take the physical product at x price for butter and y price for SMP/casein etc. for three years in order to return the fixed milk price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

degetme wrote: »
    Lads would ye sign up to 32.6 cent for march to October inclusive including vat? That's Kerry's fixed price out at the minute

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

The strathroy winter milk scheme IS on all milk supplied in the 4 months November to February one of the suppliers told me
    He showed me his milk statement on his phone
    Just 2 pages
    One price for all milk,almost 45cpl

Now that's the way to do it
    I feel like a pauper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Mortelaro wrote: »
    The strathroy winter milk scheme IS on all milk supplied in the 4 months November to February one of the suppliers told me
    He showed me his milk statement on his phone
    Just 2 pages
    One price for all milk,almost 45cpl

Now that's the way to do it
    I feel like a pauper

45c inc solids?

45c inc solids?

Yup,on all milk though ,not on a contracted amount
    98000 litres in December

And they still make a profit and aren't a Cooperative...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mort did you exit winter milk with Glanbia last year?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Mort did you exit winter milk with Glanbia last year?

Around 400 fmp member glanbia suppliers exited which is a significant chunk
    The quantities given out to the remainder are generous relatively
    However it's a rip off compared to Strathroy's scheme
    Glanbia are a Cooperative whereas the Cunningham's are running a private company
    That begs 2 questions, what are glanbia management and others doing wrong and/or how much of our potential return are they squandering on salaries,bonuses, various projects and plc
    It's far from fair and worse in a brexit referendum style SGM, suppliers facilitated this
    But hey haven't we enough money out of milk,the important thing is the salaries keep rolling at the top,they know best,we'd be lost without them...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

45c inc solids?

yes all milk is paid on solids both winter and spring . i am tempted in signing a winter contract in the future just need to get the winter housing sorted first

Glanbia are a Cooperative whereas the Cunningham's are running a private company
    That begs 2 questions, what are glanbia management and others doing wrong and/or how much of our potential return are they squandering on salaries,bonuses, various projects and plc
    It's far from fair and worse in a brexit referendum style SGM, suppliers facilitated this
    But hey haven't we enough money out of milk,the important thing is the salaries keep rolling at the top,they know best,we'd be lost without them...

what is the morale like in suppliers liquid in glanbia lad .

plus they have invested heavaly in stell plant and no levi on suppliers

• Advertisement

what is the morale like in suppliers liquid in glanbia lad .

The most are from what I can see resigned to their lot or don't care because it will soon be 'the young lads' problem
    Many of them are just very very good at their job such that solids keep the emphasis off the should be higher base price and have scale enough to keep the wolf from the door

My question is though, if in the coming years there's another milk market shock and price falls to say 20c,how are glanbia going to keep it at 20 if plc management won't let glanbia Ireland pay more than 17c?
    The cookie jar by then will be well depleted given they're doling it out now to mask the 3c now that they cream off versus what the market can according to IFA and others pay
    The share price has took such a hit due to bad management that we'll end up with the coop only owning 20% or less if they try to leverage more of the plc shares to top up the cookie jar or fund more steel
    No one seems to be carrying the weight of where we are only the suppliers, certainly not management or the board
    Its a cod of a carry on
    They've this year to turn things round while milk markets are decent (although we obviously don't see our fair share of that decency)
    Don't anyone hold their breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

GDT up 1.7%, butter up 5.5% being the big mover.
    YZWqC8S.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,722 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Where will this leave the fixed price schemes? Surely there will be an increase for January milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

Aurivo have a fixed scheme our at 32 c/l for 12 months. I would usually sign up but going to let it pass. At 31 already so hard to see how it wont average more than 32 for the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

whelan2 wrote: »
    Where will this leave the fixed price schemes? Surely there will be an increase for January milk?

First time I’ve binned our fixed scheme offer for this year 32 cent March to October but to get it u have to trade with coop to value of 5 cent per litre .bade price for year could be 2 cent higher than that

Well the glanbia 31c one is fucked anyway
    Who in their right mind would spend 5cpl to qualify for 31c if the base price is 32 and the penalty for not spending the 5cpl is you're paid 32cpl :D

The people who thought up that one will probably get s bonus though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭orm0nd

mahoney_j wrote: »
    First time I’ve binned our fixed scheme offer for this year 32 cent March to October but to get it u have to trade with coop to value of 5 cent per litre .bade price for year could be 2 cent higher than that

Another idiotic attempt to lure people to trade with them in about 12 months.

I would trade 100% with them .. if their produce met my requirements at similar cost to what I'm paying at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,722 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Well the glanbia 31c one is fucked anyway
    Who in their right mind would spend 5cpl to qualify for 31c if the base price is 32 and the penalty for not spending the 5cpl is you're paid 32cpl :D

The people who thought up that one will probably get s bonus though
    If you have signed up for it can you leave it?

whelan2 wrote: »
    If you have signed up for it can you leave it?

I don't think so but you can obviously disqualify yourself by not buying the dear inputs meaning you get base price...
    That's a benefit not bestowed from previous schemes

However and it's a big However,your 5cpl qualification or disqualification won't be calculated until early 2021 so you're stuck on 31c until years end
    I'd say youd be waiting for a refund of that
    On 500k litres that's 5000 of a loss minimum,probably at least 10000
    Not to mention another 1500 of a trading bonus you won't be paid
    So that's 4700 paid over to the plc thanks very much

So the best position this year is again not to be in those yokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

Amazing to see how close milk price is between all processors at the moment...

• Advertisement

Trends in butter and skim prices over the last few years.
    DKMX5MW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Rumours of a 0.5cpl bonus for 2019 milk from Dairygold. Anyone hear similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Rumours of a 0.5cpl bonus for 2019 milk from Dairygold. Anyone hear similar?

Yup, confirmed
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/dairygold-pays-year-end-bonus-and-announces-new-fixed-milk-price/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Water John wrote: »

Thanks for that link, John.

Funny how Kerry have the leading milk price for the lowest volume of milk during the year:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

Bet the Arrabawn lads lads are chuffed to see themselves at the top of the table...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

They'll all be changing their names by deed poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Water John wrote: »

Reading the article is like reading a submission by some child to school.
    We have added a new feature to this month’s table, where a green arrow indicates an increase in milk price; a blank space signifies no change in price; and a red arrow indicates a drop in milk price
    Oh well done. Wow. I'd say there was a big celebration when they got that green arrow to work.
    Not only does the table enable a supplier to see what his or her own co-op is paying, but they also provide visibility of what competing co-ops are paying – on a like-for-like basis.
    Thank you for the explanation of what a table can show

This is good info to have. Will they have a dedicated section in the Dairy part of the site where this data is collated and available all the time. Be nice to see trends via graphs, table per supplier to see how it changes month-by-month, etc. There's lots of data here, but presented in the minimalist way possible. Be a pain in the hole to keep having to find the page on the site with this info whenever you want to have a gander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Anyone with fixed milk price schemes that they can still apply for this year should be putting in for whatever amount is available, chinese stock markets have gone into freefall and trading had to be suspended this morning, the powder milk markets wont be long tanking on the back of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

glanbia scheme is closed only got quantities in post last week
    scheme seemed oversubscribed, got under half what i looked for,
    why did 25% of fixed volumes go to suppliers not buying their inputs, bit confusing??

Advertisement