Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

glanbia scheme is closed only got quantities in post last week
    scheme seemed oversubscribed, got under half what i looked for,
    why did 25% of fixed volumes go to suppliers not buying their inputs, bit confusing??

board members and their cronies prehaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,722 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Anyone with fixed milk price schemes that they can still apply for this year should be putting in for whatever amount is available, chinese stock markets have gone into freefall and trading had to be suspended this morning, the powder milk markets wont be long tanking on the back of it
    I'll take my chances, it normally evens out

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭degetme

Anyone with fixed milk price schemes that they can still apply for this year should be putting in for whatever amount is available, chinese stock markets have gone into freefall and trading had to be suspended this morning, the powder milk markets wont be long tanking on the back of it

Looks like I'm the fool so refusing 32.6cl in Kerry's last scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

degetme wrote: »
    Looks like I'm the fool so refusing 32.6cl in Kerry's last scheme

Same here rejected 32 cent in Arrabawn ,just for this year .still think it was a wise move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭straight

That's just profit taking. No need to panic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I have enough paperwork:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

Today's GDT well down at -4.7%. Main factors WMP -6.2%, SMP -4.2%, tho butter +0.2%, Ched +6%, Lactose +2.5% and R Casein +6%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

What's happening in China may soften the recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

The ira got hold of Talbot already. I want a rise every month now let the kneecapping start.

• Advertisement

It was 31cpl last month too, it just included 1cpl of makey up money. ..

whelan2 wrote: »
    It was 31cpl last month too, it just included 1cpl of makey up money. ..

The giving your shares back to you as cash has stopped anyway, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That early calving bonus for spring producers was always there,its not new.

Mortelaro wrote: »

Spot on, I misread the opening paragraph. Sorry about that.

Is that available to all producers or is there restrictions on it?

Mortelaro wrote: »

On glanbia connect it says glanbia are to pay a price of 35.42cpl. The price is 31cpl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

whelan2 wrote: »
    On glanbia connect it says glanbia are to pay a price of 35.42cpl. The price is 31cpl

To qualify afaik, you have to above 3% of total years production for each month, and have a peak of below 15% for June, very few suppliers will get the 4 cent jan bonus

To qualify afaik, you have to above 3% of total years production for each month, and have a peak of below 15% for June, very few suppliers will get the 4 cent jan bonus

So why include it as the base price????

Spot on, I misread the opening paragraph. Sorry about that.

Is that available to all producers or is there restrictions on it?

As above,theres a restriction, but last few years that restriction re percentage of supply in winter and summer was waived

The early calving and late lactation bonus is not available to former liquid suppliers who are participants in the liquid contract retirement scheme
    It's also obviously not available to liquid or winter contract holders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ah wtf, not a hope so. Actually are you sure that's not just the feb lactation bonus? There isn't a hope any spring calving Herd will do 3% in Jan anyways.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ah wtf, not a hope so. Actually are you sure that's not just the feb lactation bonus? There isn't a hope any spring calving Herd will do 3% in Jan anyways.

You don't have to supply 3% in January and February
    That seasonality rule has been suspended for a few years
    They are short of December and January milk
    But if you retired your liquid contract last year,you won't get it until next year anyway
    You'll just get the transition payment in this month's and next months cheque and again in the December and January cheque
    In the February 21 cheque you'll get the January 21 4cpl and in march 21,you'll get the payment for February 21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

new milk purchasing policy arrived

no collections if milk under 400 liters, the discrete way of getting rid of small holdings, unless you pay 50 euro

50 euro cost if you want milk payment made by cheque:eek:

refusing to collect milk if you fail chlorine test will be interesting, considering the mains water is loaded with the stuff

SCC threshold lowered again, dizzy reading all the penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭tanko

no collections if milk under 400 liters, the discrete way of getting rid of small holdings, unless you pay 50 euro

refusing to collect milk if you fail chlorine test will be interesting, considering the mains water is loaded with the stuff

Glanbia??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

ya

tanko wrote: »
    Glanbia??

Not them anyway
    They stopped issuing cheques completely a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The chlorine test failure would be a great way to get out of their msa, if you had another co-op our the likes of strathroy to jump over to, their tune would probably change then depending how much milk you where sending in

Kerry unchanged at 31.5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭moneyheer

The chlorine test failure would be a great way to get out of their msa, if you had another co-op our the likes of strathroy to jump over to, their tune would probably change then depending how much milk you where sending in

A few year's ago one sustainability manager started to get smart arsed with me threatening that they wouldn't take the milk here if certain things weren't done by a certain date. So I said to him that's grand I take it that means the msa is cancelled. He wasn't long in changing his attitude😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

moneyheer wrote: »
    A few year's ago one sustainability manager started to get smart arsed with me threatening that they wouldn't take the milk here if certain things weren't done by a certain date. So I said to him that's grand I take it that means the msa is cancelled. He wasn't long in changing his attitude😊

Are the first msa not out now. Thought it was 5 years from 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

mf240 wrote: »
    Are the first msa not out now. Thought it was 5 years from 2015.

The msa is a rolling 2yr contract, ie you need to give 2yrs notice. The very 1st one was 5yrs. I thought it was in 2014 though. It was around the time of the Wexford merger, the whole Strathroy thing put the frighteners on Glanbia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭visatorro

jaymla627 wrote:

Dunno about threatening to jump ship, around here 1000 cow is the new craze. Doubt they worry about normal sized herds anymore!

Advertisement