Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭straight

Mooooo wrote: »
    Farmers have no loans costs or wages to pay and can live in fresh air shir

Getting by on the fresh air here for a long time now. Thank god the wife is working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Arrabawn down 1.71 to 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

straight wrote: »
    Getting by on the fresh air here for a long time now. Thank god the wife is working

Can't even go out and get myself one of them cos of the corona virus!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Glanbia are also thinking of the people in a fixed price scheme. That mone has to come from somewhere.

Gary kk wrote: »
    Glanbia are also thinking of the people in a fixed price scheme. That mone has to come from somewhere.

If that was a proper fixed price scheme the volume of milk in it would already be sold at a fixed price for the duration of that scheme so that wouldn't hold water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,720 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

In fairness you're a long time talking about getting a wife , dont blame the corona virus :D

whelan2 wrote: »
    In fairness you're a long time talking about getting a wife , dont blame the corona virus :D

Touchè!

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Glanbia have another 4cpl drop planned I hear blaming coronavirus
    That's €30000 plus in a full year taken off a 100 cow herd ..just like that
    And not a penny pro rata off of executive wages,board member salaries or expenses
    Immoral
    It's a fake Coop

Vhi etc looking after customers giving them a refund . Glanbia looking after their farmer suppliers by shafting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

Jaysus.....what chance has courting starting up again...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

women are fussy nowadays,if you re not a carbery supplier you havent a hope:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

K.G. wrote: »
    women are fussy nowadays,if you re not a carbery supplier you havent a hope:p
    Carbery suppliers could nearly take two wives at this stage.

And never need to milk again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

They wouldnt have last 9 years if they werent making money.
    The drought cost everyone a fortune. Independent millers will tell you they are still owed from it.
    Greenfields breaks even was 31/32cpl iirc. They would have averaged a nice bit over that in years with a middle good price

Most ppls break even is probably 29 to 31c if they're to inc loan repayments and wage for themselves and any family labour

You also have to remember there was one full time unit and two part time units(on good wages) in that setup,all machinery work contracted out all ground was rented and even the heifer calves were contract reared out at something ridiculous like 70 grand!!! And it still made money!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

two wives,what are you trying to do to me you re just being mean to me now cause your jealous

K.G. wrote: »
    two wives,what are you trying to do to me you re just being mean to me now cause your jealous

I'd be a very happy man if I could afford just the one.:p

But in fairness, she's out milking and feeding calves most evenings with the two lads and I have an extra hour a day for spreading and fencing and tipping around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

orm0nd wrote: »
    Arrabawn down 1.71 to 30

So much for all the spin we were given about our new casein plant ....no better now than other years west cork only true coop

Tis hard enough to manage one not to mind 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭older by the day

straight wrote: »
    Tis hard enough to manage one not to mind 2

Do ye have AGM and elections in glanbia. Can people run for the board. Drinagh reduced their representatives to a quarter after a few locals collected signatures and called an emergency AGM. We got rid of the slackers. Your very easy going up the country

Squeaky bum time.
    The collapse in market demand caused by COVID-19 could see farmgate milk prices slashed by as much as 20% this year and wipe €840m off Irish milk cheques, according to a sobering new report produced by business advisory firm EY.

From a report commissioned by DII.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/covid-19-irish-milk-prices-could-fall-20-this-year-warns-ey-report-541415

Just as well we're not in it for the money.

Bord Bia in the post

• Advertisement

GDT down 4.2%
    ugBNSbF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

your full of good news today:pac::pac:

Thank god for fixed prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

They can't
    But it's their poor share price is the issue

CRH one of the Irish stock exchanges leading companies is implementing a 25% cut in salaries for management and the board as performance is not meeting expectations

Time we as shareholders called for similar in Glanbia Ireland instead of the farmer being attacked all the time

Its not that straight forward and agri land should no sell as such

Gary kk wrote: »
    Its not that straight forward and agri land should no sell as such

Go on, explain please

Well off my head glanbia in the states pretty much crashed in q1 last year given bloated numbers to this year.

Add later :

Secondly glanbia has different section in different countries i think the only one you need to look at is glanbia ingredents ireland. But i stand to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It's now called just glanbia Ireland
    Why dont they follow the CRH model and drop senior management and board members salaries by 25% ?
    Instead of the farmers stumping up all the time?

Regarding fixed milk prices, to each their own but in my 40 years experience putting 2cpl aside every month myself every year,I tend to have a lot more made from milk in a 10 year period than I would have if I fixed
    That's what I do,I've done the maths and its probably why 60% don't fix

Processors are too quick to drop price every 2 or 3 years, its a gouging model they use
    Co operatives doing that are FAKE CoOp's

• Advertisement

Yeah the co-op is more a name now then anything but the only ones to blame are the co-op share holders who voted to dilute thier control for some quick money. Btw I didnt have a vote at the time.

The fixed milk price post was a dig at you for calling another person a gloater. I know how sad.

Who are CHR .

The answer i gave in the above post was true to the question asked.

Advertisement