Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was just looking at the June milk price for the last few years that we got here.
    2016 24.47c
    2017 36.17c
    2018 33.68c
    2019 33.57c
    2020 33.58c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I was just looking at the June milk price for the last few years that we got here.
    2016 24.47c
    2017 36.17c
    2018 33.68c
    2019 33.57c
    2020 33.58c

What were the base prices those years?

Mooooo wrote: »
    What were the base prices those years?

No idea, Moooo, but I'd guess about 2c or 2.5c back?

4z2mpoG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,720 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What was strathroys price for June ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

30.3cpl plus non-solids adjusted scc/tbc bonus of 0.53cpl.

GDT down 5.1%, all types down but WMP the worst at 7.1%
    I.G]

Why the drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

whelan2 wrote: »
    Why the drop?

No need for panic stations just clearing the warehouses before new season

mahoney_j wrote: »

Usual craic with them

• Advertisement

And seemingly good early reports of production in NZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

GDT down 5.1%, all types down but WMP the worst at 7.1%
    I.G]

Spoke with a woman that works in the trade yesterday. She’s usually not far off the mark. She said that everything hangs on whether there’s another Cv19 crisis, or not. She sees weakening markets from next spring, but strong enough until then. If there’s another lockdown crisis in the EU the price drop will be worse...not very encouraging but not bad all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Anyone any idea why glanbia have August put back as a 4 week collection month when it was a 5 week last year, its made stranger by the fact my forecasted supply for August is what I was predicted to send in on a 5 week month...
    Is their overdraft getting a bit stretched I wonder

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea why glanbia have August put back as a 4 week collection month when it was a 5 week last year, its made stranger by the fact my forecasted supply for August is what I was predicted to send in on a 5 week month...
    Is their overdraft getting a bit stretched I wonder

They had to have an extra 5 week month last year to put the months back in line. I think some of the 4 week months were ending way too early and messing up accounts. August was never a 5 week month until last year. March, June, September and December I think

Why don't they just go the full month? Not like they can't since ye are being paid in arrears anyway

Mooooo wrote: »
    Why don't they just go the full month? Not like they can't since ye are being paid in arrears anyway
    Nothing is straight forward with glanbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

They had to have an extra 5 week month last year to put the months back in line. I think some of the 4 week months were ending way too early and messing up accounts. August was never a 5 week month until last year. March, June, September and December I think

Yeh 52 x 7 is only 364 days, so every year you have a day left over in 4 or 5 week "months", and then 2 days left over in the leap years, so they need to add in the extra 5wk month every so often to keep their makey up months from drifting away from the real months. And yep would be much easier just to change to real month's, the whole 4 or 5wk months was probably to help simplify the summation in pre computer days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Can they not just go with the calendar month and stop pricking around

They can't do any thing without pricking around

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Panch18 wrote: »
    Can they not just go with the calendar month and stop pricking around

They can't do any thing without pricking around

Most big organisations become bureaucratic over time, especially as the number of managers inevitably increases. An ability to seem busy, complicate everything, and slow down all work is vital to maintain your position.

The old public service joke apparently applies to Glanbia now:

Q: How many people work in the public service (or Glanbia)?
    A: About half of them

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

What's this about arrabawn leaving the milk league on the IFJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

kevthegaff wrote: »
    What's this about arrabawn leaving the milk league on the IFJ

Contact your local arrabawn board or rep committee member Kev this and how it happend should be of major concern to every supplier .
    Long and short of it is our board and management have an issue how the figures are compiled there arguing that some of glanbia liquid pool is been used to bump up there price and position in league .no proof has been provided of this .we want our liquid pool included (this is only paid to about 15% of suppliers and the komg league is for manufacturing milk )makes no sense
    There has been massive investment in our coop and we’re still dragging up the bottom few spots in the ladder in the yearly audit in milk price of all coops .this has to change even more so when 0.5 cent litre is been deducted from our milk into a revolving fund to pay for all this investment

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭farmertipp

Contact your local arrabawn board or rep committee member Kev this and how it happend should be of major concern to every supplier .
    Long and short of it is our board and management have an issue how the figures are compiled there arguing that some of glanbia liquid pool is been used to bump up there price and position in league .no proof has been provided of this .we want our liquid pool included (this is only paid to about 15% of suppliers and the komg league is for manufacturing milk )makes no sense
    There has been massive investment in our coop and we’re still dragging up the bottom few spots in the ladder in the yearly audit in milk price of all coops .this has to change even more so when 0.5 cent litre is been deducted from our milk into a revolving fund to pay for all this investment

Thankfully dairygold has finished that revolving fund carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 15 farmerrichie

Checked my bank account, no sign of my revolving fund payment .it should have been paid into my account 7 days ago. Checked around with with local suppliers and they have not received payment either. Cannot get any information from local dairygold rep. After 7 years, it would be nice to get my €3500 back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Checked my bank account, no sign of my revolving fund payment .it should have been paid into my account 7 days ago. Checked around with with local suppliers and they have not received payment either. Cannot get any information from local dairygold rep. After 7 years, it would be nice to get my €3500 back
    It says in letter they sent out that it will be paid in August, but will be based on its value at 31st July so don't panic yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 farmerrichie

My understanding is that it was supposed to be paid in to my account on the 31st of July, when I owed dairygold money for fertiliser, ration etc.. and if I didn't pay by the end of the month they don't Be long letting me know. I suppose they will drop the milk price again for July and august... a handy way of paying the revolving fund

Glanbia hold price at 30.1c/l.

Although that's including 0.42c/l for their 'Share of GI Profit' also.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/glanbia-reveals-its-milk-price-for-july-supplies/

Glanbia hold price at 30.1c/l.

Although that's including 0.42c/l for their 'Share of GI Profit' also.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/glanbia-reveals-its-milk-price-for-july-supplies/

That's a base price of 29.68cpl
    Meanwhile lakelands have increased their price by 1cpl. Bringing their base price to 31cpl as the market is stabilising

That's a base price of 29.68cpl
    Meanwhile lakelands have increased their price by 1cpl. Bringing their base price to 31cpl as the market is stabilising

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about how Glanbia broke down their price on second reading.
    Kerry should be announced tomorrow, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

My understanding is that it was supposed to be paid in to my account on the 31st of July, when I owed dairygold money for fertiliser, ration etc.. and if I didn't pay by the end of the month they don't Be long letting me know. I suppose they will drop the milk price again for July and august... a handy way of paying the revolving fund

Revolving fund landed in account today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Any word on Kerry's price?

Advertisement