Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,714 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Grueller wrote: »
    Glanbia up 0.5 cent per litre to 30.6 inc VAT and GI profit share

Base price of 30.18cpl including vat

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

It says 30.60 on the connect app for glanbia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gary kk wrote: »
    It says 30.60 on the connect app for glanbia

That includes the share of profits payment of 0.42c/l.

Kerry up 0.5c to 31c/l:)

GDT up 3.6%. Butter down 1.4% but skim up 8.4% and cheddar up 7.7%.
    hh0bTiV.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Meanwhile thank fook I only have the grand total of 10 Glanbia plc shares in my investment portfolio. Down another 7% today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Timmaay wrote: »
    Meanwhile thank fook I only have the grand total of 10 Glanbia plc shares in my investment portfolio. Down another 7% today.

Its little surprise and they are still buying up companies in 100 million dollar plus deals as a matter of course, so they can activate some very lucrative bonuses for higher management it's a joke of a organisation

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

36 cent for August @ 3.79 pr 4.23 bf. 24 litres average at average 2kg 14 % nut on feed to yield in parlour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Carbery up .5 cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

36 cent for August @ 3.79 pr 4.23 bf. 24 litres average at average 2kg 14 % nut on feed to yield in parlour.

Would you be another advocate of feed to yield? At that average were some cow's getting none?

• Advertisement

K.G. wrote: »
    Carbery up .5 cent

What's base now?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Mooooo wrote: »
    Would you be another advocate of feed to yield? At that average were some cow's getting none?

I wouldn't be without it. I have a winter contract so starting to calve cows now and it really comes into its own. They l go on their own individual program for ten days building them up to 4 kg and then onto fty for higher rates.

I had lots of grass in July and August so I just cut the rates back on the program to between 1-3.2 kg depending on yield. Came in at 2.1kg average. Might have left litres behind me but tried to keep the meal bill down when I had the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

Savage yield...

Dairygold held at 30c base...... I'll be going to the neighbours for the ration again I'd say ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,714 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Dairygold held at 30c base...... I'll be going to the neighbours for the ration again I'd say ....

What was their reasoning for holding the price

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

What's base now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭cosatron

are you buffering aswell, that's a great return, ill be having a chat with my ladies tonight

whelan2 wrote: »
    What was their reasoning for holding the price

None given yet anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn up 0.25 cent to 31.25 at standard solids. .good news but thought it would be better considering most of our milk going into high value casein products for rest of year .see somewhere else carbery up 0.5 cent .outside of west cork all other coops are been very conservative setting price .no deal brexit would hit west cork coops harder than most yet they are a long way ahead price wise on everyone else

It's disappointing really. Difference would be a good bit over 20k on west cork prices for the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭orm0nd

arrabawn base 31.250

b/f4.41 p3.69 price achieved 35.892 , missed out scc bonus ( milking a few culls/problem cows oad and a couple got starts)

Kerry.

36.25 @4.45 fat and 3.58 protein and just inside 200k scc.

One cow reading 400k when tested but whole tank goes to 250k if she's left in. 100k when she's out. Can't figure it out at all and it happening since last month with her in and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

It's disappointing really. Difference would be a good bit over 20k on west cork prices for the year

And then your told by Teagasc and your Coops to be as efficient as possible, look after your costs bla bla bla

You'd have some trouble finding anything close to 20k in cost saving i'll tell you

Kerry.

One cow reading 400k when tested but whole tank goes to 250k if she's left in. 100k when she's out. Can't figure it out at all and it happening since last month with her in and out.

Better to cut your losses on her, dry her off and get rid?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Apologies for the very basic question, but what’s the main difference between West Cork co-ops and everywhere else?

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

I'd agree. Still building numbers here but culled 4 cows from parlour in the past 2 months. 3 of which I persisted with for a year when I shouldn't have. For all the humming and hawwing once they're gone you'd forget about em fast enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭straight

Kerry.

Is that the net milk price. I only got 34.4 on 3.5 and 4.06. I had 745 litres per cow though which probably balances out the percentages. I'd pre spray that cow to keep her under control.

Panch18 wrote: »
    Better to cut your losses on her, dry her off and get rid?
    She comes in in the last round so she doesn't concern me too much as there's no risk of crossing to other cows. i have a few late calves and ones that got a setback so they're getting the milk.

She's puzzling me though because the figures don't seem to match up. I'll probably do a sensitivity test on her and a few other high girls and take a shot at knocking it out when she's dry or maybe before that with a few injections.
    straight wrote: »
    Is that the net milk price. I only got 34.4 on 3.5 and 4.06. I had 745 litres per cow though which probably balances out the percentages. I'd pre spray that cow to keep her under control.

Yeah, net price.

I'd be well back on litres though as mostly older grasses here. I've some doubts about reseeding just yet when I wouldn't have the stocking rate to utilise it properly, I think?

Apologies for the very basic question, but what’s the main difference between West Cork co-ops and everywhere else?

Good Management, accountability, farmer input

It's a long list!!

I'm sure KG can give us a bit more of an insight

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »
    Good Management, accountability, farmer input

It's a long list!!

I'm sure KG can give us a bit more of an insight

They seem to be the main three alright along with plenty more. Dairygolds historical fcuk ups, glanbia and Kerry have plc shareholders and entities to contend with, dunno much about arrabawn and the rest. West corks product mix was prob better along with a a few better investments elsewhere. Some may say a bit of luck thrown in but as the saying goes, you make your own luck.

Advertisement