Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭degetme

No, I locked in a good bit a while back so I'm as covered as I want to be tight now.

What I gained in fixing, I lost much more on the money due on leading milk price compensation.

Ya if I knew we were going to get a similar top up on the leading milk price compensation I wouldn't bother with it. Are we going to get another top up on 2020 and 2021 milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Seems to be a hygiene/washing problem in the plant.

Are plants gone chlorine free I wonder? Prob not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

degetme wrote: »
    Ya if I knew we were going to get a similar top up on the leading milk price compensation I wouldn't bother with it. Are we going to get another top up on 2020 and 2021 milk

As far as I can make out, and it's been extremely quiet on that front, it may form part of the negotiations on the joint venture whether to sweeten a proposal or as part of an agreed purchase price. That the little bit I've been getting, whether it's accurate or not I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

Seems to be a hygiene/washing problem in the plant.

You would just wonder if it's some sort of build up in milking machines since the change to chlorine free??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

alps wrote: »
    You would just wonder if it's some sort of build up in milking machines since the change to chlorine free??

If they stocked reliable products in their stores it might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,711 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

When did they go chlorine free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

whelan2 wrote: »
    When did they go chlorine free?

As a coop farmers don’t have to go ch free till jan 01 2021 .its going to be messy as loads of lads know little about it yet and still using chlorine products

By plants I meant processing plants as opposed to milking machines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

It’s been reported in the media that it’s a processing or post processing (packaging) problem. Let’s not be trying to insinuate that it’s a farmer problem. Christ we’re our own worst enemy sometimes. My guess is that because the multiples put such pressure on co ops (and all other food processors) to get the contracted goods in for such a low price that sometimes something has got to give. Everything is working at max capacity to meet deadlines at tiny margins and it’s just not sustainable. The liquid milk margin has been seriously eroded by co ops (farmers are on boards too) at the behest of supermarkets that all we have left now is a glorified manufacturing milk price. Rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭straight

We didn't get the last top up yet so I hadn't even thought about 2020. So much for signing a contract.

• Advertisement

Dairygold up to 31 base

Mooooo wrote: »
    By plants I meant processing plants as opposed to milking machines?

Spotted that....just wondering if this bacteria is initiated and building up in milking plants..

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    It’s been reported in the media that it’s a processing or post processing (packaging) problem. Let’s not be trying to insinuate that it’s a farmer problem. Christ we’re our own worst enemy sometimes. My guess is that because the multiples put such pressure on co ops (and all other food processors) to get the contracted goods in for such a low price that sometimes something has got to give. Everything is working at max capacity to meet deadlines at tiny margins and it’s just not sustainable. The liquid milk margin has been seriously eroded by co ops (farmers are on boards too) at the behest of supermarkets that all we have left now is a glorified manufacturing milk price. Rant over.

The removal of Chlorine has been from pressure in the marketplace. You're correct in that something has to give.

Our bill for detergents will rise from €360 to just over €1500 with the removal of chlorine.

At that rate, we should be able to keep the plant as clean as before, but how many are going to keep incurring that irredeemable cost?

We'll all start cutting usage to the point where we see the quality just about sustainable.

This Chlorine Free could just turn out to be a quality disaster.

That's not removing any blame on Arrabawn for being utterly negligent in supplying inferior product.

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold up to 31 base

A lad text me this morning giving out that Kerry are paying a sh!te price, sure they're only paying the same as Glanbia now:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Local Coop manager ringing around trying to push lads mad to sign up for Kerrys latest fixed price scheme, 32 cent. Something fishy going on!
    Far cry from the last scheme of 29 cent. a few board members asked about it and they said the reason for the higher price is "new markets".
    Anyone else hear anything on it?

oxjkqg wrote: »
    Local Coop manager ringing around trying to push lads mad to sign up for Kerrys latest fixed price scheme, 32 cent. Something fishy going on!
    Far cry from the last scheme of 29 cent. a few board members asked about it and they said the reason for the higher price is "new markets".

Is it p.flynn ringing you? I didn't sign up to it yet. It could be foolish not to sign up too with increasing supply, covid and Brexit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭straight

Last time they went to the market it returned 23 cent. This time there was great demand. That's what I was told but I didn't give it much thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Chinese buyers mad for milk powders I'd say, futures for grains and soya especially have gone very high the past few weeks to, their is going to be huge food shortages out their in the next 6-9 months and high protein easily shippable products like wmp and smp will rocket in price, the full scale of crop losses that have occured their this year plus swine flu still decimating their pig herd has been far worse then is being portrayed by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Is it p.flynn ringing you? I didn't sign up to it yet. It could be foolish not to sign up too with increasing supply, covid and Brexit

No a North Clare man, was P onto you? ITs very hard to know. 32 cent wouldnt be a bad shout for a certain fixed portion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I signed up for it, this being my first time signing up to the forward scheme. I'm still not sure if I did the right or wrong thing.

No a North Clare man, was P onto you? ITs very hard to know. 32 cent wouldnt be a bad shout for a certain fixed portion

There was no one on to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,711 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Chinese buyers mad for milk powders I'd say, futures for grains and soya especially have gone very high the past few weeks to, their is going to be huge food shortages out their in the next 6-9 months and high protein easily shippable products like wmp and smp will rocket in price, the full scale of crop losses that have occured their this year plus swine flu still decimating their pig herd has been far worse then is being portrayed by them

What's glanbias latest fixed price scheme paying ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

whelan2 wrote: »
    What's glanbias latest fixed price scheme paying ?

30 cent plus whatever top-ups are going not worth applying for at that price, since the souring of relations between oruna and glanbia the amount of fixed priced scheme available and the prices offered have got steadily worse

I signed up for it, this being my first time signing up to the forward scheme. I'm still not sure if I did the right or wrong thing.

Make sure it incorporates the VAT increase due from January.

GDT up 0.4%, butter up 3.3%, cheese up 3%. Rest pretty much same as 2 weeks ago.
    iNndGG6.jpg

Make sure it incorporates the VAT increase due from January.

Why wouldn't it not have the increased vat rate when it's a contract for next year?

Why wouldn't it not have the increased vat rate when it's a contract for next year?

Was the fix announced before or after the budget?

Was the fix announced before or after the budget?

12th of October. What would it matter? It's a contract for next years supply. I can't see them paying 2020 vat on 2021 milk

• Advertisement

12th of October. What would it matter? It's a contract for next years supply. I can't see them paying 2020 vat on 2021 milk

They have quoted you 2020 vat on 2021 milk...

The fixed price was a VAT inclusive price, which means with the increased vat rate, Kerry just have to pay less for the milk..

While it wont be a huge amount on a portion of your supply, if it applied to your whole supply, it would amount to a sizable figure..

We really shouldn't allow our purchasers to quote us vat inclusive prices..

Advertisement