Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

alps wrote: »
    They have quoted you 2020 vat on 2021 milk...

The fixed price was a VAT inclusive price, which means with the increased vat rate, Kerry just have to pay less for the milk..

While it wont be a huge amount on a portion of your supply, if it applied to your whole supply, it would amount to a sizable figure..

We really shouldn't allow our purchasers to quote us vat inclusive prices..

Spoke to my accountant before I applied. He never mentioned anything about Vat. He advised me to go for it. According to him it has worked out in the farmers favour 4 out of the last 5 years. Milk recorder also said a good share of his clients were going for it. Beyond that It seems like a toss of a coin to me

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Gman1987

Spoke to my accountant before I applied. He never mentioned anything about Vat. He advised me to go for it. According to him it has worked out in the farmers favour 4 out of the last 5 years. Milk recorder also said a good share of his clients were going for it. Beyond that It seems like a toss of a coin to me

Probably should go back to Kerry and query this. If they quoted €0.32c/l pre budget for your 2021 milk then it should be €0.3206c/l now. As ye say it wont amount to much at individual farm level but it will amount to €600 in Kerry's pocket for every 1 million litres that farmers sign up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

If you were ever curious about how US milk prices are set, the link below explains some of the background to it.

https://hoards.com/article-28890-in-defense-of-federal-milk-marketing-orders.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

Glanbia charged 30 euros and 25 cents for text messages. Nice little earner for them.
    Presume they are the only ones that charge that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭straight

mf240 wrote: »
    Glanbia charged 30 euros and 25 cents for text messages. Nice little earner for them.
    Presume they are the only ones that charge that

Sounds like a bad april fools joke.

• Advertisement

GDT down 2%. Butter up 3.9%, skim down 4.4%, cheese down 0.8%. WMP down 2% is the big driver of the price still.
    EKHhz7O.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,711 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Glanbia will pay a base price of 30.18 cpl for October, a top up of 0.42 from the co op and 0.4cpl. Same as September

Have lakelands announced their price yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Whats the story with the lactose bonus? Is there a minimum lact% required or is it effectivly a base price of 32.28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1327915454464204804?s=19

Do ye think the UK will become more self sufficient in dairy, and by association beef? Is their population too big. From social media seems to be a good number that are working away spreading slurry and that this time of year so are working off different regs as well.
    If Brexit throws things out of kilter for a year or two even a a decent trade agreement gets done the market may well never be what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭straight

Mooooo wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1327915454464204804?s=19

Do ye think the UK will become more self sufficient in dairy, and by association beef? Is their population too big. From social media seems to be a good number that are working away spreading slurry and that this time of year so are working off different regs as well.
    If Brexit throws things out of kilter for a year or two even a a decent trade agreement gets done the market may well never be what it was.

I think the brits are shooting themselves in the foot and they are going to drag us down with them. I don't think they care much about their own agri industry or for the quality of food they import. I'm afraid brexit will have a big impact on our own agri food industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

any word on Kerrys price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold held at 31

• Registered Users Posts: 15 farmerrichie

Thought they could have given us another half a cent. 7th place on the farmers journal is nothing to be very proud of. Don't think we'll even come in 7th next year

Henwin wrote: »
    any word on Kerrys price?

Kerry hold at 31c/l.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn setting price today ....gouging going on by coops who have set so far all holding back

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Arrabawn setting price today ....gouging going on by coops who have set so far all holding back

I hate when glanbia come out first with the price as it's normally to hold or drop it

GDT up 1.8%. Butter up 0.4%, skim up 2.5%, cheese down 3.5%. WMP UP 1.8% but has the biggest portion of the index so tends to lead the rate.
    pOn7TAt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

mahoney_j wrote: »

They heard you Mahoney....they've lifed the price...

Onwards and upwards🥳🥳

• Advertisement

Onwards and upwards🥳🥳

What is base now?

Onwards and upwards🥳🥳

What they rose it by whilst welcome is an insult after last few months .up 0.25 to 31.5 vat inc .I’d like to say I’m happy with it but it’s not good enough most of our milk going to casein products we might as well be doing what we’ve always done

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭farmertipp

Thought they could have given us another half a cent. 7th place on the farmers journal is nothing to be very proud of. Don't think we'll even come in 7th next year

the board are too thick to understand that management is making apes out of them. kpmg clearly showed they made their profit by keeping milk prices down .
    How long more will suppliers accept this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Hold tough folks - Glanbia (and all coops?) are due a boost via the Covid vaccine: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057564186/4

I’m sure the PLC will pass on the gains to the coop and they’ll feed it back to suppliers???

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Hold tough folks - Glanbia (and all coops?) are due a boost via the Covid vaccine: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057564186/4

I’m sure the PLC will pass on the gains to the coop and they’ll feed it back to suppliers???

I read that this morning and nearly spat out my corn flakes (and Avonmore milk). Glanbia will most likely see a rise in SP but not one cent of that will go back in the milk cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

farmers journal had a review of coop figures for 2019
    (dairy turnover and litres processed)
    looks like most processors sell every litre of milk for around 53c, with 8c for processing costs and say 39c paid to us
    anyone know what happens to the other 5c??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

whelan2 wrote: »

And teagasc forecasting a 7% drop in milk price next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭jaymla627

And teagasc forecasting a 7% drop in milk price next year

It's a pisstake if their isn't a cent rise accross all co-ops bar west cork for November milk, the full on trade war that China are attacking Australia with could lead to them going elsewhere for a lot of their dairy imports and could further ramp up prices

• Advertisement

jaymla627 wrote: »
    It's a pisstake if their isn't a cent rise accross all co-ops bar west cork for November milk, the full on trade war that China are attacking Australia with could lead to them going elsewhere for a lot of their dairy imports and could further ramp up prices

0.5 to 1 cent fully warranted to every coop bar west cork possibly gdt up ornua index up and in general things looking positive on world markets even with covid and brexit in the background .coop boards snd management are getting away with blue murder this year no meetings bar Microsoft teams or zoom which ain’t worth a ****e if your trying to raise a gallop .....and then there’s the knife been twisted again by tegasc with there 7% predicted price drop next year ...

Advertisement