Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,711 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got a text there about glanbia milk price , is it an increase or just a top up. Been a long day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Same base, but a "biodiversity" payment of 0.5c/l for all suppliers as well as the 0.42c/l (GI profit share) and 0.4c (additional support)

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/glanbia-to-add-biodiversity-payment-to-milk-price-for-november-supplies/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Same base, but a "biodiversity" payment of 0.5c/l for all suppliers as well as the 0.42c/l (GI profit share) and 0.4c (additional support)

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/glanbia-to-add-biodiversity-payment-to-milk-price-for-november-supplies/

There pure pulling the piss with no actual price rise the markets justify it and now all the rest of the sheep can suck more money out of farmers pocket by not passing on market returns

mahoney_j wrote: »
    There pure pulling the piss with no actual price rise the markets justify it and now all the rest of the sheep can suck more money out of farmers pocket by not passing on market returns

Base price of 30.18 cpl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Lakeland 32.28 base plus 1c/litre bonus on top of usual November bonus(3c/litre)

• Advertisement

Lakeland 32.28 base plus 1c/litre bonus on top of usual November bonus(3c/litre)

What’s the actual base at standard solids
    Without amy of what u mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Farney Farmer

I think base price is 32 c/l then 0.28 lactose bonus (same as last month) and another 1 cent bonus this month as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

32 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold up to 31.6 base

• Advertisement

No change to Arrabawn milk price 31.5 vat inc ....they don’t even bother sending us a text anymore ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tobleronemad

Anything on the 13th payment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭straight

Anything on the 13th payment?

How many cent are we owed since 2015 now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

We’ve suffered a price drop for Jan/Feb/Mar of 2.8cpl (+vat)...until Brexit settles down. They’re saying that the market should settle quickly but there’s a bit of stock overhang with UK importers after stockpiling product all this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

DII are saying the extra customs work will cost 1.68c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Mooooo wrote: »

sure cant they just it add it on to the price the coonsumer will pay for the butter cheese etc.... thats what happens in every other sector....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

when trump imposed tarrifs on dairy product the 25% tarrif was added to kerrygold price and was passed onto consumers

Considering the sustainability buzz going on in the world hard to see major companies getting away with roasting suppliers like before

DII need not worry about tarrifs until uk frozen stores have been emptied in 6 months time, at that stage sterling will have recovered and 2c might not be as big an issue as currency might cancel it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

See that's how the coops get away with murder. So "extra customs work" will add a cost cost €500 on the value of a lorry load of milk. What paper work is going to cost €500 on each and every €9000 worth of milk.
    So they say that this "extra customs work" is going to cost 5% of the total value of producing a litre of milk. Seriously. FFS. Think about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

See that's how the coops get away with murder. So "extra customs work" will add a cost cost €500 on the value of a lorry load of milk. What paper work is going to cost €500 on each and every €9000 worth of milk.
    So they say that this "extra customs work" is going to cost 5% of the total value of producing a litre of milk. Seriously. FFS. Think about it.

While i dont disagree with some of your sentiment i would say that to say that the value of that milk in a finished product sales is closer to 2 to 3 %.if the freemarket wasnt worth a saving of 2 to 3 % in terms of doing business it wasn't worth joining in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

For cheese to the UK..its a small percentage of our exports overall...we cant let them away with a 1.68 "cost" on all milk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As a dairy farmer, I recently agreed to fix the price of a portion of my milk supply for the next three years, how much will I get per litre?

A question in forum games
    How much is as litre selling for , do you expect it to rise or fall with bretix

cj maxx wrote: »
    As a dairy farmer, I recently agreed to fix the price of a portion of my milk supply for the next three years, how much will I get per litre?

Good Man U signed to a fixed scheme without knowing the price ....

Blame G&R in the forum games thread. It his/her question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Good Man U signed to a fixed scheme without knowing the price ....

r you signing up for arrabawn latest, ? not joining here, it would be 31 in my case

orm0nd wrote: »
    r you signing up for arrabawn latest, ? not joining here, it would be 31 in my case

At 32 yes but I’d be in same boat as you and prisbly get 31 ,if there as competitive as they say they will be on fertiliser then maby I will be .not at races last year and I don’t buy any meal for cows there either ....

Alot can happen in 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭straight

I'd say in real terms you will get about half of the price from 30 years ago.

orm0nd wrote: »

Nice one orm0nd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭alps

At 32 yes but I’d be in same boat as you and prisbly get 31 ,if there as competitive as they say they will be on fertiliser then maby I will be .not at races last year and I don’t buy any meal for cows there either ....

A 20% reduction on an input spend of 5c/l..

I can understand the fixed price of 31c, and where they are getting that covered, but what I cant fathom is where they get the extra cent to refund the 20% on inputs..

It has to be coming from the price of the milk paid to those who don't sign up.....

There's nowhere else for it to come from..

Happens in West Cork too.....and it's not right..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

alps wrote: »
    A 20% reduction on an input spend of 5c/l..

I can understand the fixed price of 31c, and where they are getting that covered, but what I cant fathom is where they get the extra cent to refund the 20% on inputs..

It has to be coming from the price of the milk paid to those who don't sign up.....

There's nowhere else for it to come from..

Happens in West Cork too.....and it's not right..

Absolutely ,to me its the coop protecting itself rather than its members and should n OJ t be neede

Advertisement