Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Few posts deleted here I see ,did I miss something !!!!!
    Nope, we can see all the posts we delete and nothing showing up:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

I have no doubt that this is in co-op rules but I also have no doubt that much id not a majority of Irish milk is neither collected or processed by a co-op.

Arrabawn
    Audio
    Bandon
    Dairygold
    LacPatrick
    Lakeland
    Lee Strand
    North Cork
    Tipperary
    All collect and process milk

Bandon
    Barryroe
    Drinagh
    Lissavard
    Own associated companies that process the milk

Boherbue
    Maudabawn
    Newtownsands
    Fealsbridge
    BUY and sell to a customer

Callen
    Centenary
    Mullinahone
    Oldcastle
    You might know what agreement these have with Gambia

Someone here might explain the Kerry set up. I've rand a Kerry supplier but he didn't know who he sells his milk to not who pays him, so a little confusing

And then we have glanbia suppliers who as you say supply a non coop...

alps wrote: »
    Arrabawn
    Audio
    Bandon
    Dairygold
    LacPatrick
    Lakeland
    Lee Strand
    North Cork
    Tipperary
    All collect and process milk

Bandon
    Barryroe
    Drinagh
    Lissavard
    Own associated companies that process the milk

Boherbue
    Maudabawn
    Newtownsands
    Fealsbridge
    BUY and sell to a customer

Callen
    Centenary
    Mullinahone
    Oldcastle
    You might know what agreement these have with Gambia

Someone here might explain the Kerry set up. I've rand a Kerry supplier but he didn't know who he sells his milk to not who pays him, so a little confusing

And then we have glanbia suppliers who as you say supply a non coop...
    Kerry PLC own the stainless steel and buys and pays for the milk. One of the co-ops main responsibilities is in the management of its shares in the PLC. So Kerry is purely PLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,740 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What's the story with Bellview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

whelan2 wrote: »
    What's the story with Bellview?

Dryer problem?
    Supposed to b back up tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Nope, we can see all the posts we delete and nothing showing up:)

It's me needs my eyes checking chief ,couple of posts I thought were in this thread were actually in another !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

ellewood wrote: »
    Dryer problem?
    Supposed to b back up tomorrow

That's same as I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Gdt up again today3.6%.22500 approx on offer.butter milk powder up 21.5% which prob boosted the average.butter up 1.5%,wmp up again too.#white gold. Ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Buckmickley

At a meeting last night in Gorey,Board member John Murphy reckoned that our current milk price will stay or rise further this year
    It's more likely to rise
    Only 40% of suppliers are in fixed price schemes
    So the vast majority are on Base price plus constituents

That's interesting

On the proposal we're voting on the 18th of may he said it needs 66% and it might not get it
    It's worth about 15000 to the average shareholding
    He said there will be further spin outs as the new entity will eventually buy the entire agri and milk business

There was something asked about too about an expensive law case involving the EU and Belview
    Apparently the creation of the new entity will neuter this
    The pension liabilities are also a serious matter,we are buying 60% of those but that elephant is unavoidable as there's already GIIL exposure albeit smaller but always there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

At a meeting last night in Gorey,Board member John Murphy reckoned that our current milk price will stay or rise further this year
    It's more likely to rise
    Only 40% of suppliers are in fixed price schemes
    So the vast majority are on Base price plus constituents

That's interesting

On the proposal we're voting on the 18th of may he said it needs 66% and it might not get it
    It's worth about 15000 to the average shareholding
    He said there will be further spin outs as the new entity will eventually buy the entire agri and milk business

There was something asked about too about an expensive law case involving the EU and Belview
    Apparently the creation of the new entity will neuter this
    The pension liabilities are also a serious matter,we are buying 60% of those but that elephant is unavoidable as there's already GIIL exposure albeit smaller but always there

So as far as Johnny can see it's all good? That's good to know. Very reassuring really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Buckmickley

I see in the journal that Lakeland profits halved last year due to price support
    God love them
    I'd say most of that 60% of Glanbia farmers not in fixed schemes made a loss last year aswell as a good portion of those with paltry amounts in them who are probably part of the 40% statistic

The arrogance at times from our processors is incredulous

With the news this morning that after Brexit a large GB store is going to ban Irish produce,I'd be preparing new EU markets instead of crying about having to give a fairer proportion of what's got for our milk to those of us who do most of the hard work producing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭orm0nd

arrabawn paying 2c/ltr bonus on feb milk next year, no strings attached

orm0nd wrote: »
    arrabawn paying 2c/ltr bonus on feb milk next year, no strings attached

Short withold tubes allround me thinks

Kerry PLC own the stainless steel and buys and pays for the milk. One of the co-ops main responsibilities is in the management of its shares in the PLC. So Kerry is purely PLC.

Nosing around a bit more.....just to get a feel for how far removed from market the farmer has become.

Could I be correct in saying Kerry Agribusiness collects and pays for the milk...Kerry Creameries process the milk....

Both subsideries of the plc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

glanbia price will be up this month to get the vote thru :rolleyes:

leg wax wrote: »
    glanbia price up will be up this month to get the vote thru :rolleyes:

It'll force the rest up, too, hopefully

glanbia price up will be up this month to get the vote thru :rolleyes:

By How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

There's no two ways about it that motion should be defeated in two weeks time. It'll be worth a hell of a lot more to dairy farmers than the spinoff over the next six months. Vote it through then if te want.

There's no two ways about it that motion should be defeated in two weeks time. It'll be worth a hell of a lot more to dairy farmers than the spinoff over the next six months. Vote it through then if te want.
    Got a call today from farm services about the vote, I will be on holidays , so I wanted to send a proxy voter, no proxy votes allowed for this vote

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

What happens when they run out of stuff to vote on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Not a hope of an increase I'd say. iFA are only considering seeking a 1cent increase this month. They are usually looking for 5 before we get 1!

What do ye think for April price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

whelan2 wrote: »
    Got a call today from farm services about the vote, I will be on holidays , so I wanted to send a proxy voter, no proxy votes allowed for this vote

I was just looking today at the coop shares being spunout into plc shares.
    The way it's going with the cancelled shares i'll have none left in the coop.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    I was just looking today at the coop shares being spunout into plc shares.
    The way it's going with the cancelled shares i'll have none left in the coop.:pac:

Like a lot of prople I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Like a lot of prople I would imagine

Did you hear the Farm Show on south east radio last Friday evening?

I missed it. Apparently they were talking about the upcoming Glanbia Vote.
    And the Glanbia representative said if the vote went through that milk price would go up by 33 per cent?
    I think the person who told me this must have meant 33 cent.

Anyway I thought it was amusing.
    Same old same old about vote for this and get a better milk price. Ha!:pac:

And the Glanbia representative said if the vote went through that milk price would go up by 33 per cent?

How exactly can they explain how the vote could effect the milk price so quickly? I'm not a gill supplier so excuse my ignorance, but it sounds to me like there is an attempt being made to buy votes if promises like that are being made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

I haven't got to go to any meetings about it and my knowledge on the vote is very poor. I think it will go through because lads will just be thinking about the money aspect.
    I had a GIIL man at the table last week and he was advocating it will return the coop to more like it was 10 years ago, more farmer oriented. Instead of it just being for shareholders.
    I don't know the whole ins and outs of it, others more in the know will tell me im sure if he was puffing smoke

Little bit of light reading on March milk prices. It's beginning to frighten me as to the gap that is appearing between our prices and the likes of the Dutch....even the kiwis...

Would make you wonder why IF A currently only pushing for 1c increase....is our product mix that bad.?

As I said I'm not a gill supplier and haven't been following this. But am I right in saying that no matter if it is the co op or the PLC that own the processing facilities, the processed product will still have to be sold through the PLC. So in effect now the farmer is taking all the risk and costs involved in processing but has to sell all the processed milk products to the PLC, who in effect can pay the co op what ever they see fit as they are only answerable to the PLC shareholders? Or am I missing something here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

alps wrote:
    Would make you wonder why IF A currently only pushing for 1c increase....is our product mix that bad.?

Are those figures available monthly or quarterly for the last couple of years?

Look for an inverse correlation between our volume relative to the rest of Europe and our price relative to the rest of Europe. If we are slipping more as relative volume increases it suggests that our product mix is not up to the job.

Bit tied up at grass this week but if the figures are around I'll try and have a look.

Advertisement