Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,740 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

What did BoK write in IFJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

What did BoK write in IFJ?

Called out jack k over greenfield.look up dairy chit chat tread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Radio 1 now on glanbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Mooooo wrote: »
    Radio 1 now on glanbia

Said fcuk all

• Advertisement

Glanbia stay at 31cpl

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

whelan2 wrote: »
    Glanbia stay at 31cpl
    No bribe for the vote to go through so 😡
    Will be voting no now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Will be voting no now
    Out of curiosity, how much would have convinced you to vote yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

Will be voting no now
    Out of curiosity, how much would have convinced you to vote yes?
    They could have rose it 1c at least with the increase in the auctions over the last few weeks. But if course they won't in the peak milk months.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Will be voting no now

Likewise, it's made my mind up how to vote. Do not want a new entity formed if they cant deliver a fair milk price at the moment with the current structure. A 1c increace was totally justified. Very dissapointed and not going to put my trust in them spending more if this vote passes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

If we all scrapped our hol freisin cows we would be getting 35 or 36 according to dr.jack kennedy.only ourselves to blame,not glanbia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

boggerman1 wrote: »
    If we all scrapped our hol freisin cows we would be getting 35 or 36 according to dr.jack kennedy.only ourselves to blame,not glanbia!

Naghh of twas jacks calculator it'd be 45/46 cent per litre!!!!will there be fireworks at this meeting/vote Thursday or will there just be keyboard warriors spouting off here and Twitter etc ,that comment wasn't aimed at anyone here by the way just a genuine question

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Naghh of twas jacks calculator it'd be 45/46 cent per litre!!!!will there be fireworks at this meeting/vote Thursday or will there just be keyboard warriors spouting off here and Twitter etc ,that comment wasn't aimed at anyone here by the way just a genuine question
    Spoke to 2 farmers today they are voting no, 1 mightnt even travel, I cant go. What turn out is needed ? Or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Spoke to 2 farmers today they are voting no, 1 mightnt even travel, I cant go. What turn out is needed ? Or does it matter?

I was just thinking that. I'd the turnout was low would a yes vote be invalid? Staying away in numbers would certainly be enough of a statement. Perhaps if we are creating a new entity we should have a new board and CEO that can secure a better price or product mix for us. Without a change in personnel what's the point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

To be honest I know little about the vote other than you can be sure that management are paying PR consultants to get people to see things their way. That is always how in the democratic :rolleyes: structure that exists in these large co ops work. It's usually the best democracy money can buy.So to automatically dismiss anyone with an alternative point of view as a keyboard warrior who is just spouting off is really a bit unfair don't you think? Especially as it is their money that is being spent by management to only tell management's side of the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

I got a call today that buses are being laid on to ferry people who want a free ride up.
    That would be a fun ride home on the bus if you said anything against the vote going through.:p

The cows and stock here are getting read in their TB test on Thursday morning.
    I hope to try and get up with a neighbour after the test but I won't be able to make the speeches but I'll hopefully make the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

Glanbia stay at 31cpl
    Will be voting no now

The cartel is very strong !! A increase would have been good to buy a few votes but as Kerry had all ready said they were staying same price Gambia can't go against the cartel . Watch dairygold go next to have no increase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Decisions are made by the people who turn up as always. No dig meant for you Whelan. The turnout would want to be very low for there to be any question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

The cartel is very strong !! A increase would have been good to buy a few votes but as Kerry had all ready said they were staying same price Gambia can't go against the cartel . Watch dairygold go next to have no increase

I knew they were out in Nigeria.
    I didn't know they have now branched out into the Gambia as well.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

Right opportunity for Arrabawn to put in a big hit on the vote.....announce a price rise by Tuesday lunchtime, just in time for the Journal run.....

Might put a bit of sweat up on a few tie wearers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

alps wrote: »
    Right opportunity for Arrabawn to put in a big hit on the vote.....announce a price rise by Tuesday lunchtime, just in time for the Journal run.....

Might put a bit of sweat up on a few tie wearers...

Thinking right along those lines alps !!!,stranger things have happened ..........

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    I got a call today that buses are being laid on to ferry people who want a free ride up.
    That would be a fun ride home on the bus if you said anything against the vote going through.:p

The cows and stock here are getting read in their TB test on Thursday morning.
    I hope to try and get up with a neighbour after the test but I won't be able to make the speeches but I'll hopefully make the vote.

Think they normally run buses. I went to the first vote last time on their bus. Got a lift to the second one but there was a bus going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

I really don't understand why a 1 cent increase in May milk would have any influence on the vote

This is a long term decision we are taking and to even think about changing your vote based on a 1 cent rise in milk, or lack thereof, is completely insane

The vote should be on the merits of the deal

Thing is if they had raised milk price by 1 cent people would be writing about buying the vote bla bla bla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

But they are only voting no if they actually go, otherwise their opinion doesn't matter a damn

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

Decisions are made by the people who turn up as always. No dig meant for you Whelan. The turnout would want to be very low for there to be any question.

spot on, the vote in glanbia has nothing to do with me, but if suppliers feel strongly it is going to damage their interests the least they can do is go and vote.
    I am not having a go at anyone on the forum its more a general thing, see it in my own coop people bitch and moan and then either say nothing at AGMs and regional meetings or dont bother even going.

yewtree wrote: »
    spot on, the vote in glanbia has nothing to do with me, but if suppliers feel strongly it is going to damage their interests the least they can do is go and vote.
    I am not having a go at anyone on the forum its more a general thing, see it in my own coop people bitch and moan and then either say nothing at AGMs and regional meetings or dont bother even going.
    If I was in the country I would definitely go and vote. Had booked to go away before they announced the whole thing. I am not commenting anymore on it. It's up to each shareholder how they vote. Also there are to be no proxy votes for this vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭jaymla627

If I was in the country I would definitely go and vote. Had booked to go away before they announced the whole thing. I am not commenting anymore on it. It's up to each shareholder how they vote.

The eliteist attitude of the top table combined with their canny knack of doing everything but giving a answer to what question you've asked is pretty of putting for alot of people too.....
    The whole thing is further compounded by our farmer elected board members been for the most part siobhans personal cheerleaders, got into a right good arguement a few months back over a issue where i was 100% in the right but was fobbed off as a dimwit by a very high up board member and basically told i was illiterate and misinterputed what my problem was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

If I was in the country I would definitely go and vote. Had booked to go away before they announced the whole thing. I am not commenting anymore on it. It's up to each shareholder how they vote. Also there are to be no proxy votes for this vote

Enjoy your break Whelan...if you have a strong view either way, all you can do is try to influence some of your colleagues and neighbours to vote the way you would like...other than that, in your situation, you are quiet entitled to your break and enjoy..well earned..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    I knew they were out in Nigeria.
    I didn't know they have now branched out into the Gambia as well.;)

It would appear that spell checker does not recognize Glanbia as a word in the English language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

yewtree wrote: »

Couldn't agree more, if you have any chance at all of going - no matter how busy you are - go, and vote, ask questions, heckle, listen.. but go.

In the end, like governments, we get the co-ops we deserve.

Whichever way you are voting.

*if they haven't managed to secure a yes with that big sweetener & all their PR then they really oughtn't to run a bath let alone a processor.

Advertisement