Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan2 wrote: »
    How many tanks have you? I will check what I paid. But it was less than that and is split over 2months normally. Paid €280 for one tank

2 tanks one of which has been switched off for the last 13 months

Last yr it was only 420 in April and may

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,740 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

stanflt wrote: »
    2 tanks one of which has been switched off for the last 13 months

Last yr it was only 420 in April and may

Ring them tomorrow. First year of a new tank is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Milk statements are up now. All ten pages of it. Got almost double what I got for April 2016

Got 4k more than last year, on not a huge amount of extra litres. But have bills amounting to 4k more than the entire cheque at the second ugh. Expansion is a cash hungry hoor!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭degetme

Service contract with Kingston refrigeration here is 455e. Is this the usual go? One tank. Four years old

degetme wrote: »
    Service contract with Kingston refrigeration here is 455e. Is this the usual go? One tank. Four years old

Had to get a new circuit board in my new tank last year. Also there was a problem with the cells on it. Service contract more thsn paid for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Milk statements are up now. All ten pages of it. Got almost double what I got for April 2016

Good to hear it, pigs must be flying outside when I'm worried about milkprice but I still need a few more land hungry dairy farmers next year

Are you paying 480 a year?

Are you paying 480 a year?

€560. 2payments of €280 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

At a meeting today, the Board of Dairygold decided to hold its milk price at 31.5c/L including VAT for milk produced during the month of April.

Surprise surprise. #cartel

€560. 2payments of €280 each.

my bad Whelan must have being using jacks calculater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

At a meeting today, the Board of Dairygold decided to hold its milk price at 31.5c/L including VAT for milk produced during the month of April.

Base is actually 31 cent the 0.5 cent is the quality part of payment that was always there and is added after solids adjustment, they just started to announce that way when the price went to **** to make it seem better, or not as far back, compared to the rest when it's not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Actually if you were to sit in at that board meeting you most likely would find that management decided the milk price and the board just went along with it. Trust me I have had the displeasure of seeing them in action. Believe me that is how it works.

I remember when I was young there was a money box in our local post office with a statue on top that nodded his head if you put in a coin. Honestly in my experience twelve of those money boxes would serve the same purpose and provide better value for money for ordinary farmers.

Does the board have no balls or no power. Do you have to be a milk supplier to be on the board ? I run next time and give them a kick up the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭Water John

No you don't have to be a milk supplier, just a shareholder.
    If management see coming to give them a kick, you won't get on the Board.

Does the board have no balls or no power. Do you have to be a milk supplier to be on the board ? I run next time and give them a kick up the arse

Not that simple . before you make the board you have to serve on the outer committee of I think 175. Could be wrong about the number but I do know ironically enough that its the same number as the Chinese Communist party. Out of that group they get to elect a smaller inner group of 60 and it is only those 60 can vote or be elected on to the board. So in short you'll have to wait your turn and not upset anyone if you ever have even a chance of making the board. So my advice is to start by saying what a great job they are doing in paying 31c . Not going to do your political career any by rocking the boat.

Farmer Ed wrote: »

Not that simple . before you make the board you have to serve on the outer committee of I think 175. Could be wrong about the number but I do know ironically enough that its the same number as the Chinese Communist party. Out of that group they get to elect a smaller inner group of 60 and it is only those 60 can vote or be elected on to the board. So in short you'll have to wait your turn and not upset anyone if you ever have even a chance of making the board. So my advice is to start by saying what a great job they are doing in paying 31c . Not going to do your political career any by rocking the boat.

Ha ha funny but probably sadly ture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

Very similar here

Farmer Ed wrote: »

You must also pass the % spend, and not be allowed trade as any normally functioning business

Alps, that qualifies as a pick for, joke of the year.
    The best of them have bypassed that loophole. Or does buying your ration from another coop qualify?

Water John wrote: »
    Alps, that qualifies as a pick for, joke of the year.
    The best of them have bypassed that loophole. Or does buying your ration from another coop qualify?

Are you saying the wife bought it?

• Advertisement

If you are the person they want for the job, such minor details won't impede you. Just get a few pallets of fertiliser dropped in the yard.

alps wrote: »
    You must also pass the % spend, and not be allowed trade as any normally functioning business

Now you see that's where a whole grey area opens up! You see it also says somewhere in the rules that if you are insane you can't run for even the outer committee. But that really is a catch 22. Don't try and tell me that anyone in their right mind would buy all their inputs from the CoOp! Technically it should really be impossible for anyone the be excepted.

I still think the idea of 12 statues that would nod their head for a coin would be a much cheaper and as effective. At least management couldn't hide behind the illusion of democracy.

Ring them tomorrow. First year of a new tank is free.
    On second thoughts , today mightnt be the best day to ring them. Let me know how the voting goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Buckmickley

I'm here in the punchestown event centre,the game of thrones music was pumping out from one of the videos,I kid you not
    we won't have any trouble hearing our dear leaders
    The crowd seems down on previous votes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

SGM vote: 93% voted in favour of creation of Glanbia Ireland. Spin-out, Member Support and all other motions also approved. See www.glanbiaconnect.com/news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭visatorro

SGM vote: 93% voted in favour of creation of Glanbia Ireland. Spin-out, Member Support and all other motions also approved. See www.glanbiaconnect.com/news

Big majority

93% yes vote
    There was no opposition at all
    A few speakers from the floor alright mostly council members

On milk price,one lad ,perhaps from this parish (Laois ;)) rightly gave a dig about the milk price needing to pay the farmer too i.e. Keep us sustainable as Glanbia spoke a lot about sustainability in all other areas

The top table didn't want to talk about that
    2700 people there and only 2 spoke about milk price...

Regardless let's hope they sell us the other 40% soon so we can make fair trade decisions on price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What are the pros and cons of this for current glanbia dairy farmers? Big majority suggest most are happy with it

Mooooo wrote: »
    What are the pros and cons of this for current glanbia dairy farmers? Big majority suggest most are happy with it

I've given my views on that
    The cons are the board can take the percentage owned down to 27 or 28% without a vote and use the money as they see fit
    Good side is they've given a commitment to be more flexible to aid price from accepting lower profit
    I'll believe that when I see it as the only way to that end is us owning the other 40%

Maybe at the next vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Sounds a bit like a press release from some banana republics government just after the polls close on their free and fair election.

Advertisement