Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

mahoney_j wrote: »
    They they frighten every other processor into bringing out an msa as well ????.ive one signed with mine and absolutely no issue with it ,guaranteed I have an outlet for my milk

First of all comparing Arrabawns MSA to Glanbia or Dairygold is like comparing apple's and Orange's, as has already been alluded to. Secondly I don't think it was Strathroy who were trying to pouch Arrabawn suppliers. History will show that a couple of big CoOps having tied most of their own suppliers down with MSAs, then tried to take over a neighbouring Co Op that didn't have one. When the initial marriage proposal was rejected a fully blown campaign was put in place to steal suppliers from Arrabawn, possibly in the belief that Arrabawn would not be aware that not all suppliers to the two larger Co Ops had taken the bait and signed their MSAs. Don't think its fair to be blaming Strathroy for MSAs in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭orm0nd

whelan2 wrote: »
    While I am glad of the increase, do ye think it could have been more?

heard (hopefully true) that a further increase is possibly on the cards for June,

so much for the "predicitions" by co ops and Ornua 6 months ago,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,739 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lakelands up 1cpl also

whelan2 wrote: »
    Lakelands up 1cpl also

Seeing at it would appear that butter is saving the day. Surely its time to adjust the a+b-c formula to reflect the current value of butterfat?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

Stratroy are as bad as the rest now. It's all a Cartel now . They are going back on agreements now , three years later,for the liquid lads anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Stratroy are as bad as the rest now. It's all a Cartel now . They are going back on agreements now , three years later,for the liquid lads anyway.
    What has happened with Strathroy?

Whats the Strathroy May milk price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

What has happened?

What has happened?

Steady on he just said they have become as bad as the rest. He didn't say they have become worse than the rest. But it is news that a farmer would classify them as as bad as the rest. OK so let's wait the see the dirty washing being hung out and see what it looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Tell us more.

• Advertisement

Kerry rise 1c.

We rise to the top...

Of division 3 again

Woo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

What are carbery paying for milk for May??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Steady on he just said they have become as bad as the rest. He didn't say they have become worse than the rest. But it is news that a farmer would classify them as as bad as the rest. OK so let's wait the see the dirty washing being hung out and see what it looks like?

You never, ever let something like idle gossip to get in the way of your own fairy tales though fred

You never, ever let something like idle gossip to get in the way of your own fairy tales though fred

I love you too xx

I love you too xx

Fred, you need to stop looking in the mirror as you type. Makes you post what your thinking.
    So is Keepg not allowed to ask for gossip, you seem to be the man with all the gossip or fairy tales as required.

Fred, you need to stop looking in the mirror as you type. Makes you post what your thinking.
    So is Keepg not allowed to ask for gossip, you seem to be the man with all the gossip or fairy tales as required.

What are you talking about we are all waiting here with baited breath to hear why a farmer is not happy with Strathroy? Will be disappointing if things are as bad as the man has indicated but I agreed with KG. Please we all want to know why this man is unhappy. Don't know where you got the idea that I felt KG was not allowed ask the question. We are all asking the same question. People who are not even dairy farmers are asking the question? So it seams to me that a farmer unhappy with Strathroy would appear to be news?

Also I would be very grateful if you could elaborate for me exactly what I have posted on here at any point in time that was untrue? That's a pretty serious allegation calling someone a liar! As for fairy tale's I never recall telling you any? If it would make you feel better ask me nicely and maybe I might consider it. I know a really scary one about the big bad Woulfe.

What are you talking about we are all waiting here with baited breath to hear why a farmer is not happy with Strathroy? Will be disappointing if things are as bad as the man has indicated but I agreed with KG. Please we all want to know why this man is unhappy. Don't know where you got the idea that I felt KG was not allowed ask the question. We are all asking the same question. People who are not even dairy farmers are asking the question? So it seams to me that a farmer unhappy with Strathroy would appear to be news?

Also I would be very grateful if you could elaborate for me exactly what I have posted on here at any point in time that was untrue? That's a pretty serious allegation calling someone a liar! As for fairy tale's I never recall telling you any? If it would make you feel better ask me nicely and maybe I might consider it. I know a really scary one about the big bad Woulfe.
    'Steady on he just said they have become as bad as the rest. He didn't say they have become worse than the rest. But it is news that a farmer would classify them as as bad as the rest. OK so let's wait the see the dirty washing being hung out and see what it looks like?'
    Doesn't sound like it's inviting Keepgrowing into a discussion now does it Fred.
    *********************************** You have used annonymity to post multiple topics of innuendo about your big bad woulfe's lot and ifa members too. If something doesn't agree with your narrative you get very upset.

We'll have less of the abuse. If you want to post that way, this forum isn't the place!

Bufort T. Justice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note: keep it civil please.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

'Steady on he just said they have become as bad as the rest. He didn't say they have become worse than the rest. But it is news that a farmer would classify them as as bad as the rest. OK so let's wait the see the dirty washing being hung out and see what it looks like?'
    Doesn't sound like it's inviting Keepgrowing into a discussion now does it Fred.
    ****************************. You have used annonymity to post multiple topics of innuendo about your big bad woulfe's lot and ifa members too. If something doesn't agree with your narrative you get very upset.

I 100% stand over everything I have ever said on here. So I suppose if if were innuendo as you say. Why was it not removed? Ask yourself that question before you go calling me a liar? I beginning to understand what Garda Jerry McCabe must feel like . Honestly there is no need to shoot the messenger. If I have said anything that is untrue. I'm sure the laws of the land apply to boards as they do everywhere else. So please inform the your alleged injured party. I would be more than delighted to have any disputed matters settled in public.

Sorry didn't see the mods note thanks will try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Wrong McCabe. Maurice I guess you had in mind. Sadly, Jerry is not with us.

BTW, I see no problem in this Milk Price thread, holding all processors to account. If there's an issue. Put it out there. These are big boys and gals.
    By being in touch with one another, from various parts of the country, you may be doing a job that the farm orgs are falling down badly, at.

Water John wrote: »
    Wrong McCabe. Maurice I guess you had in mind. Sadly, Jerry is not with us.

BTW, I see no problem in this Milk Price thread, holding all processors to account. If there's an issue. Put it out there. These are big boys and gals.
    By being in touch with one another, from various parts of the country, you may be doing a job that the farm orgs are falling down badly, at.

Sorry wrong McCabe. Rip. But agree if there is an issue. Name it and shame it! Together we might be able to even spark some people in to action and hopefully bring about change that could benefit all of us. There was even talk at one point that someone in Nigeria was taking note of what was happening on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Sorry wrong McCabe. Rip. But agree if there is an issue. Name it and shame it! Together we might be able to even spark some people in to action and hopefully bring about change that could benefit all of us. There was even talk at one point that someone in Nigeria was taking note of what was happening on boards.

You won't get no result by posting on boards. It's nearly the same as the Kerry shares thread. I think you're overestimating the impact of this forum on the wider world.

If you want to make a change and get your voice heard get involved in political party politics or farm union politics.
    And build a network of people that you can contact.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    You won't get no result by posting on boards. It's nearly the same as the Kerry shares thread. I think you're overestimating the impact of this forum on the wider world.

If you want to make a change and get your voice heard get involved in political party politics or farm union politics.

For something that has no impact. People can still get quite worked up about what they read on here. But I get your point. Big business has enough resources to defend itself without help from people on here.

Mod note:

Lads and lassies, please refrain from the personal abuse. We have had similar on the milk price threads before and they were shut down.

If you want to keep these threads open, please reread the charter because, after this warning, personal abuse will result in bans being handed out.

Buford T. Justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Made a difference alright pedigree where the same issues were bought up at recent AGMs where absolutely nothing was said to coop board before and meeting just a formality,these forums are great for creating the discussion on these issues....

fepper wrote: »
    Made a difference alright pedigree where the same issues were bought up at recent AGMs where absolutely nothing was said to coop board before and meeting just a formality,these forums are great for creating the discussion on these issues....

Also not all people can get to meetings to air their views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

*except Nigeria.

We are the go-to place for the modern, connected, Lagos based powder sales Executive.

• Advertisement

kowtow wrote: »
    *except Nigeria.

We are the go-to place for the modern, connected, Lagos based powder sales Executive.

https://youtu.be/7D8S23KZF8s

Advertisement