Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

whelan2 wrote: »
    1 cent..... and 1cpl top up on all milk supplied from January to june

is that a flat rate topup or is it paid on base of 3.6%fat and 3.3% protein?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,738 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

yewtree wrote: »
    is that a flat rate topup or is it paid on base of 3.6%fat and 3.3% protein?

Seems to be a flat rate of 1cpl on all milk. On all liquid, manufacturing and fixed price milk from January to june

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

I was hoping for more than a 1c rise but the 1c bonus makes it a really good bit of news

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/news/august-milk-price-of-35cpl

I was hoping for more than a 1c rise but the 1c bonus makes it a really good bit of news

Will be interesting to see how much the others go up by....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I know it was well due and earned but it still has a "money from America" feel to it. Coke and hookers time again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Will be interesting to see how much the others go up by....
    At least 1 cent for August and September ,great for glanbia suppliers to get that bonus but I'd be a bit pissed at same time ,why not give it in milk price all along ,books obviously very strong that this can be done .creating a badly needed good news story and inflating there position in milk league table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

Seems to be a flat rate of 1cpl on all milk. On all liquid, manufacturing and fixed price milk from January to june

Nice little twist at this time...very interesting if it's paid on top of fixed price milk...thats going to be some precedent to match ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Glanbia needed to do this,it's very redeeming and I applaud it (the bonus is from margin not the cookie jar I hope?)
    I've just been on the connect site looking at my supply from January to June :eek:

If they hadn't done this gesture,knives would have been out even amongst their most 'happy' of suppliers versus other co op's

That's the positive

However... the time for handing in notice for leaving is nearing
    Suspicious timing
    Glanbia's price record to date cannot be forgotten,they have a lot of trust building to rebuild
    If they reverse thrusters as Kirk on the enterprise might say next spring,by leading price down once suppliers are fishnetted back into msa's no one will ever trust them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭mf240

Ah lads don't be so negative.

Although if the other creamerys move a cent for August we will be behind again.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

mahoney_j wrote: »
    At least 1 cent for August and September ,great for glanbia suppliers to get that bonus but I'd be a bit pissed at same time ,why not give it in milk price all along ,books obviously very strong that this can be done .creating a badly needed good news story and inflating there position in milk league table

Trying to encourage lads to sign new scheme???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah Mooo, their very subtle.

Mooooo wrote: »

Don't think lads are that Naieve anymore

Mooooo wrote: »

But Bergin said there's alot of interest in it and it will be well over subscribed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Don't think lads are that Naieve anymore

I don't think the majority are either but wouldn't put it passed a coop to think that. Improving mood etc

Any word on Lakelands price for August?

Lakeland to 35.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

My crowd have until the deadline on Friday to declare the base price until year end.
    They were talking 35 + vat, but they're backpedaling hard saying that there's a huge amount of stock in intervention stores....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

My crowd have until the deadline on Friday to declare the base price until year end.
    They were talking 35 + vat, but they're backpedaling hard saying that there's a huge amount of stock in intervention stores....

Certainly not the case with butter. ,lot of skim
    Gone in alright

Massive difference now between some of the fixed price schemes and current price. Phase 7 was 29cpl. Even at the 31 cpl for the scheme earlier this year theres a big loss.

• Advertisement

Aye
    For the people who got loads for the first time for the 1 year fixed,you'd have to ask were Glanbia aware then of the price they'd be paying as base only a few weeks later?

Hard to believe they weren't
    You couldn't believe it

I know there are proponents of fixed here but the current situation had to have been known a few weeks ago and there's only one organisation that's profiting from that silence and it's not the lads who signed up
    Is this the year that profiteering processors have gone too far and that the coffee will be smelt ?

I know it was well due and earned but it still has a "money from America" feel to it. Coke and hookers time again.

Think you can fix the price of coke and hookers over five years in the next sceme:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Aye
    For the people who got loads for the first time for the 1 year fixed,you'd have to ask were Glanbia aware then of the price they'd be paying as base only a few weeks later?

You couldn't believe it

I know there are proponents of fixed here but the current situation had to have been known a few weeks ago and there's only one organisation that's profiting from that silence and it's not the lads who signed up
    Is this the year that profiteering processors have gone too far and that the coffee will be smelt ?

If the arse falls out of butter in the morning, we all will be staring at sub 30's pretty quickly, when looking at fixed price schemes and if you where to take the price of a barrel of oil as a example, when it was motoring at over 100 dollars a barrel, if you'd went to the Saudis you'd give them 80 dollars fixed for half their supply for the next 5 years they'd of royally told you to get f**ked, at the present time they would take hand and all to get anywhere near that amount.....
    The grain market price wise is on the floor which means the Americans and co are going to open the taps bigtime, it would be very optimistic to think milk is going to stay rising and won't come back down as quick as it has shoot up this year

mf240 wrote: »
    Ah lads don't be so negative.

Although if the other creamerys move a cent for August we will be behind again.:D

We were ahead for all of 6hours.....

We were ahead for all of 6hours.....

It's was nice while it lasted

Some horses never like to be front runners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Aye

You couldn't believe it

If the arse falls out of butter in the morning, we all will be staring at sub 30's pretty quickly, when looking at fixed price schemes and if you where to take the price of a barrel of oil as a example, when it was motoring at over 100 dollars a barrel, if you'd went to the Saudis you'd give them 80 dollars fixed for half their supply for the next 5 years they'd of royally told you to get f**ked, at the present time they would take hand and all to get anywhere near that amount.....
    The grain market price wise is on the floor which means the Americans and co are going to open the taps bigtime, it would be very optimistic to think milk is going to stay rising and won't come back down as quick as it has shoot up this year

Could be wrong but it is looking like good old fashioned low tech butter could we be our best hope for the future. Grass fed butter is back with a bang. Would be very disappointed and surprised to see the arse fall out of that anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

There's serious heat coming into the milk price with only one main product leading this sharp rise. Butter is widely used by food companies but they'll be looking to substitute soon.

Perhaps the base price of butter has risen but I'm not sure and I'll certainly be hedging from here on, by that I mean fixing as the price rises to cover my costs if it falls. If it doesn't I'll view it as an insurance.

There's serious heat coming into the milk price with only one main product leading this sharp rise. Butter is widely used by food companies but they'll be looking to substitute soon.

Perhaps the base price of butter has risen but I'm not sure and I'll certainly be hedging from here on, by that I mean fixing as the price rises to cover my costs if it falls. If it doesn't I'll view it as an insurance.

I can well understand the security of having some fixed price milk, that said 5year commitment with no idea of your allocation or any commitment to be off the bottom of the league tables is a bit of a stumbling block

• Advertisement

Yes it starts to make sense for farmers hedging in the mid 30's
    Trouble is dairies won't do it in sufficient quantity to make a mark and why would they when they've plenty hedged themselves against the current high prices at 31,29 and lower
    They are remarkable strategists

Advertisement