Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

whelan2 wrote: »
    I dont think the one cent should have been included there, what do ye think?

and why not.....now go and sign their 5 year loyalty MESS.....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,737 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

leg wax wrote: »
    and why not.....now go and sign their 5 year loyalty MESS.....:o

It's the only time they'll be top of the table.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

It’s a stunt if 6 months back pay has been counted as price for August milk
    A stunt that makes a mockery of the price league
    People aren’t fools though,we know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

100% correct there, George

It's inclusion illustrates with Chrystal clarity how irrevelliat this league actually is and how easily it can be manipulated.

Too much heed paid to it and especially in this parish. It's a nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

It's inclusion illustrates with Chrystal clarity how irrevelliat this league actually is and how easily it can be manipulated.

I was wondering why they were put in top and not put in the proper place with a note showing the top up (catch up)

Interestingly they purchased a full page advert on the opposite side of the same page,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Total mockery of the milk league after today's stunt by both the journal and the journalist to have glanbia looking the good boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There looks to be an easing of the skim overhang in the market coming as the EU predict over 150k tons being moved next year in fat-filled powder, skim and veg fats.

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/last-ditch-intervention-drive-from-european-dairy-processors-314016

Interestingly, Ireland sold no skim into intervention this year, Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal and Lithuania being the prime users. Makes a bit of a mockery of those claiming Irelands expansion was causing the buildup of product, really.

It’s supposed to be a guide and using base price as the template has worked well to be fair
    The 1c shown as August price is mistake that needs a clarification
    Glanbia are not paying the highest price and in the last 2 years never have been
    Therein lies the mockery

60% of Glanbia farmers price is totally base plus solids
    Even the rest have a huge amount base plus solids only
    Ergo it’s very important for farmers to have a reliable accurate measure like this minus the stunts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭tanko

Are Glanbia suppliers who didnt sign a MSA getting the 1c bonus?

tanko wrote: »

Afaik all glanbia suppliers have signed the msa

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

tanko wrote: »

Apparently everyone in north Korea are always in agreement about government policy as well.

Oh no they haven’t
    I know at least two!

Oh no they haven’t
    I know at least two!

So what about this spiel that your milk wouldn't be collected if you didn't sign up?

Oh no they haven’t
    I know at least two!

So what about this spiel that your milk wouldn't be collected if you didn't sign up?

Don't know the details of the scheme but under co op law that would be totally illegal for them to do that. Even for them to threaten to do that is shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

It's well flagged in the accompanying article and, especially, in the accompanying cartoon of Henry Corbally, which highlights the fact that Glanbia were in Division 3 for the first six months of the year.

One mans comic is another mans bible

A supplier who's a shareholder will always have their milk collected, MSA or not. It's top ups etc that are affected

As far as I know

A supplier who's a shareholder will always have their milk collected, MSA or not. It's top ups etc that are affected

As far as I know

What happened with suppliers in England when they were told their milk wasn't wanted, had they no contract?

As far as I know

What happened with suppliers in England when they were told their milk wasn't wanted, had they no contract?

They were not supplying a co op who has in in its rules that it has to purchase all of its members milk. That is part of the reason you can't take your co op to court. Its just in theory you are part owner of the business and you have just as much right as the next member to have your milk purchased.

Also judging by the way they were fighting for suppliers and getting very upset at people leaving. Do you honestly think it is likely that milk would not be collected?

As far as I know

100% correct and there is even legal opinion that it is not even legal for a co op not to give the same terms and conditions to all members.

• Advertisement

5 yrs at 31c doesn't sound too bad. What do ye think?

http://www.freshagenda.com.au/meanwhile-market-turned/

Have bought a few beef calves . These will be my security net. 5years is too long. Can sell at any stage if milk price goes down. Interestingly thee calves are bought in round a month old for less than what I am getting for 2 week old calves

Have bought a few beef calves . These will be my security net. 5years is too long. Can sell at any stage if milk price goes down. Interestingly thee calves are bought in round a month old for less than what I am getting for 2 week old calves
    That's what I thought until I was locked up with TB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Sheep don't get TB.

Buy a few sheep Buford!:)

Floki wrote: »
    Sheep don't get TB.

That's one of the prime reasons I still have sheep. If cash flow drops below wht's needed, it's relatively easy to offload 10 or 15 lambs to smooth over any shortfalls.

But their time here will be running a bit short once the next stage of building in done. Two less groups of stock to manage would be very attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Planning on having enough housing here to hold on on to majority of calves as yearlings if need be. Been locked up so many times left with little choice. Second yard has a hay shed with 2 leantos so will put a tank over there and try to set up a share of cubicles that can be adjusted depending on what will be put in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Floki wrote: »
    Sheep don't get TB.

Apparently sheep do get TB but there's no way of testing for it only check for lesions in the factory.

Not bad at all if it was offered for all your milk with an inputs price freeze
    But it isn’t is it
    It’s offered as a headline covering up the fact at the start and for a while it subsidizes the processor until if price falls another lower price is offered to maintain said processors subsidy

Any farmer willing to put their future profit proofing solely into the hands of the oh so farmer first processor board (yeah right..) is mad in my opinion
    They’ve , and one in particular a very bad record in this area

Sorry for repeating myself but in a properly run co op all profits made from milk should be returned to the milk supplier after the co ops costs have been taken out. So all fixed prices do is change the way that money is divided. It really is a very simple concept. That is why I get annoyed when I see a co op wasting farmers money and farmers not seeming to understand that ultimately the money wasted will come from their milk cheque.

• Advertisement

Just seen in the paper that Lee Strand Co-op has sold an office development, one that nearly broke it a few years ago, for 17m for conversion to a health center. Ideally placed just across the road from the railway station and bus depot too.

That will take significant pressure off the Co-op finances.

Advertisement