Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

K.G. wrote: »
    Dream on

Screenshot it.....April it is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,737 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

When is the closing date for the scheme? My forms helped to light the fire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

My tuppence worth ,an awful lot of talk about the processor side of fixing milk price which is totally revelent to an individuals decision.should be based on your own personal situation only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

My tuppence worth ,an awful lot of talk about the processor side of fixing milk price which is totally revelent to an individuals decision.should be based on your own personal situation only.

Your own personal situation could be impacted by being tied into a supplier for 5 years that doesn’t offer the best meal price even with a €30 rebate
    So the processors record on price is very very relevant
    Ignoring it would be daft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

The feed element is making it really attractive for us. €30/tonne not to be sniffed at when feeding close to 1 tonne per cow.

Even if better value got elsewhere ??

• Advertisement

Your own personal situation could be impacted by being tied into a supplier for 5 years that doesn’t offer the best meal price even with a €30 rebate
    So the processors record on price is very very relevant
    Ignoring it would be daft

Refering to milk price only.personally whatever the sums would tell me i woukdnt tie myself to one feed supplier

How will they know if you are only buying feed from them?

Glanbia stay the same at 35cpl for September milk

whelan2 wrote: »

Yeah got the text
    Charming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Unless they offer the feed at a fixed price how can it work? If you sign up and can't but from.anywhere else how can you negotiate a price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Is January the earliest to hand in notice to leave glanbia? Beyond dissapointed at their milk price at this stage. Lucky that 3 other milk proccesors pass the farm gate every day.

Is January the earliest to hand in notice to leave glanbia? Beyond dissapointed at their milk price at this stage. Lucky that 3 other milk proccesors pass the farm gate every day.

Yes 2years notice. I thought they might go up 1cent to sweeten those who haven't committed to the fixed price scheme yet

Yes 2years notice. I thought they might go up 1cent to sweeten those who haven't committed to the fixed price scheme yet

In reality there just neutralizing the stroke they pulled last month to prop there position in milk leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

mahoney_j wrote: »
    In reality there just neutralizing the stroke they pulled last month to prop there position in milk leagues

Your obsessed with an irrevelant league only published to boost circulation. The inclusion of the 1c only reinforces that point.

That league shouldn't and never could be taken seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

So did I, will any of the other proccessors that are already ahead go more?

So did I, will any of the other proccessors that are already ahead go more?

Aye will be interesting alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Yeah got the text
    Charming

Hopefully they won't give the others ideas.

In reality it’s the opposite
    They couldn’t be seen to be rising base ahead of their deadline to sign the 5year fixed at 31
    The farmer is not the priority
    Your obsessed with an irrevelant league only published to boost circulation. The inclusion of the 1c only reinforces that point.

I don’t see anyone else here with that view
    Apart from last months 1c error ,are there any other errors driving your opinion?

Or is it simply that we should all carry on and ignore what others pay?

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Hopefully they won't give the others ideas.

They were at the sme stunt a few years ago. Coming out first with a low milk price. Lakelands would normally be the first to name the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They were at the sme stunt a few years ago. Coming out first with a low milk price. Lakelands would normally be the first to name the price
    That struck me as well, Lakelands are usually the first to announce the price and it does look like an attempt to influence the rest to hold milk price at what they already have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭jaymla627

rangler1 wrote: »
    Grennans are guaranteeing 31.5c/ltr for up to 20% of their milk for five years with no obligation to buy their proucts

It's more complicated then that, if base milk price is say a average base price of 34 cent for the year, you have to pay them 3.5cent x fixed amount but on the other hand if base price is 25 cent for the next year they pay you a top-up of 6.5 cent on your fixed amount.....
    Rep is coming out here tomorrow with all the particulars will be interesting to see the ins and outs of it exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

AFAIK Your 5 years is from the day you signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭jaymla627

That struck me as well, Lakelands are usually the first to announce the price and it does look like an attempt to influence the rest to hold milk price at what they already have.

Lakelands could steal a march on glanbia in signing up perspective new entrants though given they share a lot of the same catchment area, if they go up another cent any lad starting milk in 2018 with the choice of the two is definitely going with Lakelands

Timmaay wrote: »
    AFAIK Your 5 years is from the day you signed up.

No. Its January. Works out at 5and a half years even though it,says 5

In reality it’s the opposite
    They couldn’t be seen to be rising base ahead of their deadline to sign the 5year fixed at 31
    The farmer is not the priority

I don’t see anyone else here with that view
    Apart from last months 1c error ,are there any other errors driving your opinion?

Or is it simply that we should all carry on and ignore what others pay?

Absolute waste of time that league in the journal

Absolute waste of time that league in the journal

Why?

Why?

Yes agree ,should be just base price at standard solids ,no fooling the system and inflating position with top ups ,fixed schemes bonus payement ala last months glanbia stunt ,where would glanbia price be then????,and I’m not obsessed with it by the way

Agree ,so as a glanbia supplier where u happy with last months stunt and are u happy with just holding sept price when a rise is fully justified ?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Why?

Yes agree ,should be just base price at standard solids ,no fooling the system and inflating position with top ups ,fixed schemes bonus payement ala last months glanbia stunt ,where would glanbia price be then????,and I’m not obsessed with it by the way

Totally agree, has always been my main issue with such schemes as inevitability they will be used to muddy the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Agree ,so as a glanbia supplier where u happy with last months stunt and are u happy with just holding sept price when a rise is fully justified ?!

I was happy with a 1c/litre retrospective payment.

Stunt, that's an opinion based on an assumption that the majority value the league. I'm afraid they don't.

IFJ chose to include it, wrongly in my opinion but it proves my point about the irrevelance of that league. The CG audit is the only one of value IMO.

I'm absolutely not happy about no rise how could I? It's a matter I'll raise elsewhere

Btw, what's you facination with Glanbias price? Are you considering jumping ship?

Advertisement