Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Gdt down again by 1% overall.smp looks like it can't be given away,down over 5%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭jaymla627

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Gdt down again by 1% overall.smp looks like it can't be given away,down over 5%.

The butter train is looking like it's lost its steam too, forward contracts are at 4500 euro with them being at 5500 in August, spot milk in the U.K. has took a serious dive in the past two weeks and is in and around 28 pence at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Henwin wrote: »
    any word on kerry's milk price
    Not a word from anyone yesterday or today.

Either they are stopping the leaks, they have nothing to announce or they want a big announcement tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Lakeland society average price paid this month = 41.485

Mine...45.209ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

yewtree wrote: »
    What is arrabawns base now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,737 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

alps wrote: »

Fair play to arrabawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

whelan2 wrote: »
    Fair play to arrabawn

Fair play is right. 46.5 c fir September here.

Have you much fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Kerry online, no change to price.
    got 42.81 i was happy with that.
    workers striking in listowel again this morning.
    Think next weds is the last strike and the rumour is thats the last strike until april 2018 if its not solved before then :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold held at 35.5. Fcuk em anyway fcuking pricks with the amount t of suppliers hit by the storm

• Advertisement

Have you much fixed?

Nothing but had some in other schemes that finished earlier in the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Centenary co-op have decided to only give us 75% of the top up for the first 6 months of the yr from glanbia.shower of f***ers.i going to go into my local store and help myself to the balance and see how that works out!

Nothing but had some in other schemes that finished earlier in the year

I assume you didn't apply to the loyalty scheme

I assume you didn't apply to the loyalty scheme

Nope. Dad said it was up to me. He'll be in his70's by the time the 5 years are up.

Right or wrong I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭alps

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold held at 35.5. Fcuk em anyway fcuking pricks with the amount t of suppliers hit by the storm

Is the board still away in America....they may not have realised the difficulty...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

Aurivo up to 37 cent base up 0.5 cent since August, that includes 1.5 cent/litre bonus on September supplies.
    Milk price here will be closer to 50 cent than 40 cent, the weather is awful but milk price is definitely taking the edge off it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Will they not be back for the dairy show in Millstreet on Saturday? Was hoping to catch up with a couple of them for complementary tea and sandwiches. They normally have to get a spot nearest to the show ring. Have been known to get upset if they don't get to chose the location of their sandwich bar. Looking forward to nice tea and sandwiches after being without electricity all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Henwin wrote: »
    any word on kerry's milk price

Kerry hold price according to the journal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭stanflt

Great solids 5.5 f and 4 protein to achieve that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

43.98 @4.62 fat and 3.88 p base 37.05 .i also got 0.2 for sub 200 scc.bank account never looked as good with 70% sfo money also resting nicely in it !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭stanflt

mahoney_j wrote: »
    43.98 @4.62 fat and 3.88 p base 37.05 .i also got 0.2 for sub 200 scc.bank account never looked as good with 70% sfo money also resting nicely in it !!!!

You would have got 1.2 cpl less if you were a Glanbia supplier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Ah now...
    The less Glanbia pays,the less vat the government have to add onto the milk cheque
    Glanbia are only doing their best for the exchequer...

stanflt wrote: »

Or less if in fixed price schemes

stanflt wrote: »

11500 Ltrs ifixed in that pulling my price back a bit too ,not complaining tho .getting a tad worried now re next year .full effects of high butter prices now hitting ,other products are freind less ,smp stocks high and full for this year .butter will drop further will be interesting to see at what mark will it settle and will demand keep up.bills here all well under control and attempting to create this rainy day fund ,very easy on paper reality tho .......
    As an Arrabawn supplier very happy with how we’ve performed in last 2 years in particular after years of been junior hurlers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

11500 Ltrs ifixed in that pulling my price back a bit too ,not complaining tho .getting a tad worried now re next year .full effects of high butter prices now hitting ,other products are freind less ,smp stocks high and full for this year .butter will drop further will be interesting to see at what mark will it settle and will demand keep up.bills here all well under control and attempting to create this rainy day fund ,very easy on paper reality tho .......
    As an Arrabawn supplier very happy with how we’ve performed in last 2 years in particular after years of been junior hurlers
    No need to worry,just be prudent
    If you were getting 5c/l less now you’d not be happy but make do
    Put that 5c/l into reserve or as much as you can

The days of spending 100% to save 30% tax are well and truly over in dairying

No need to worry,just be prudent
    If you were getting 5c/l less now you’d not be happy but make do
    Put that 5c/l into reserve or as much as you can

The days of spending 100% to save 30% tax are well and truly over in dairying

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

U.K. butter and cream in free fall...
    380k tons of milk powder in store that is like the mutt in the pound that nobody wants...

Kowtow will know what's happening when he gets reconnected to the 'matrix'. :)

Before hubris sets in...

U.K. butter and cream in free fall...
    380k tons of milk powder in store that is like the mutt in the pound that nobody wants...

Kowtow will know what's happening when he gets reconnected to the 'matrix'. :)

Before hubris sets in...

And vast majority of that powder in store is French and German .......
    Unless butter can hold demand and price at decent levels milk could drop like lead from March April on in Ireland anyway next year

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

As an ex Arrabawn supplier I wonder how all the lads that jumped ship to Glanbia 2 yrs ago are feeling. I've said it before, but if they hadn't jumped would you still be feeling so happy today?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

Always found it hard to build reserve of cash when farming as sole trader. In a company now but not in long enough to see major effects yet. Next years tax bill should be reduced significantly

Advertisement