Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,731 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I thought only c5 shares were being given out and not cheques?

Make some room in your inbox please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

whelan2 wrote: »
    Make some room in your inbox please
    I’d be here all night :D
    Man,clunky software on this site
    You’d think there’d be a select all and a dustbin icon
    Bit roomier now anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

Milk price average this year to end of Nov....38.455..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,731 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What are the two lodgements from glanbia yesterday? No text or email to explain them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Your Christmas bonus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calfscour

K.G. wrote: »
    Kevin Lane leaving ornua ,bit of a surprise.seems have done a good job re structuring it and the move into butter was well timed

Ornua and the NDC are a joke and I'm close to people working in both. And people on here wonder where our money goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

alps wrote: »
    Milk price average this year to end of Nov....38.455..

A shade behind at 38.135,some year for milk .......and the taxman !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

My Nov cheque was bigger than any from last year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

kevthegaff wrote: »
    My Nov cheque was bigger than any from last year!

The Christmas bonus is a nice touch and also the fact that no money was taken from the trading account? I know it will have to be paid in January but it was a sort of a nice Christmas gesture.

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    The Christmas bonus is a nice touch and also the fact that no money was taken from the trading account? I know it will have to be paid in January but it was a sort of a nice Christmas gesture.

Bonus isn’t really a bonus ,nice touch tho ,u have money stoped to pay trading account monthly ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

mahoney_j wrote: »
    A shade behind at 38.135,some year for milk .......and the taxman !!!!

What was your solids?
    3.76 p and 4.64 BF here I'm guesstimateing ATM

Up to end November 4.19 fat and 3.6 p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold have held at 35.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

GDT down 3.9%. All products quoted have fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭blackdog1

GDT down 3.9%. All products quoted have fallen.

Was told 28c for next year according to a guy who is very well in the know.

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Was told 28c for next year according to a guy who is very well in the know.

Hope it stops there ,markets returning circa 30 cent atm to our coop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Looking at the results the overhang of powder in the EU is really telling.the sooner all that stuff in storage is offloaded the better.the EU will be a long time looking at it.if milk averages high 20's next yr we will be lucky indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭White Clover

The pressure is on co-op management teams and ornua now to return a meaningful price to farmers next year. Will there be a halt to the dairy boom if they fail?
    Boards will have to be ruthless with management and demand results.

boggerman1 wrote:
    Looking at the results the overhang of powder in the EU is really telling.the sooner all that stuff in storage is offloaded the better.the EU will be a long time looking at it.if milk averages high 20's next yr we will be lucky indeed.

You have got to all the question why is all volac/Dairy gold milk replacer whey only? It should be packed with skim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

You have got to all the question why is all volac/Dairy gold milk replacer whey only? It should be packed with skim.

Whey milk powder is still much cheaper than skim, however the companies you name continue to market their product at vastly inflated prices. The ingredients that are in the powders currently for sale, were never cheaper to buy.

There are better quality, skim products, available at 400 euros per tonne less than the whey offerings above.....you must however give huge credit to the marketing management of the companies...

• Advertisement

alps wrote: »

Whey milk powder is still much cheaper than skim, however the companies you name continue to market their product at vastly inflated prices. The ingredients that are in the powders currently for sale, were never cheaper to buy.

There are better quality, skim products, available at 400 euros per tonne less than the whey offerings above.....you must however give huge credit to the marketing management of the companies...

I'm afraid it looks like when the marketing management of some of our co ops did their plan on market segmentation and targeting. Its looks like the easiest consumer to target was the farmer/ owners of the business themselves.

Farmer Ed wrote:
    I'm afraid it looks like when the marketing management of some of our co ops did their plan on market segmentation and targeting. Its looks like the easiest consumer to target was the farmer/ owners of the business themselves.

Nah they are extremely smart. The average farmer doesn't have a clue about skim and its benefits and they don't want to know. Price and credit is all they care about and if the calves aren't sick they don't care it. There is only about 100-200grammes live weight gain a day between good powder and bad so that's 6-12kg till weaning which might not sound like a lot but it's huge for a calf later in life. On top of that most milk replacer will use hard to digest vegetables oil and vegetable fat instead of animal fat.

Farmer Ed wrote:

Nah they are extremely smart. The average farmer doesn't have a clue about skim and its benefits and they don't want to know. Price and credit is all they care about and if the calves aren't sick they don't care it. There is only about 100-200grammes live weight gain a day between good powder and bad so that's 6-12kg till weaning which might not sound like a lot but it's huge for a calf later in life. On top of that most milk replacer will use hard to digest vegetables oil and vegetable fat instead of animal fat.

The same with infant milk formula. A very high percentage of the ingredients are imported vegetable oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The same with infant milk formula. A very high percentage of the ingredients are imported vegetable oil.
    A sachet of Lectade and 12mls of Halocur and they'll be grand:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Had lunch with my accountant and he showed me an article translated from German, where à German Ag official reckoned that the price of milk had been allowed to get too high. Went on to say that once price (and production) escalated intervention stocks should be used to calm prices and production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Had lunch with my accountant and he showed me an article translated from German, where à German Ag official reckoned that the price of milk had been allowed to get too high. Went on to say that once price (and production) escalated intervention stocks should be used to calm prices and production.

Bring back the quota if it stops governments getting involved in price control

A sachet of Lectade and 12mls of Halocur and they'll be grand:pac:

Very hard to bucket rear a calf as good as if he was let with the cow all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Panch18 wrote: »
    Bring back the quota if it stops governments getting involved in price control

400k tons of milk powder says that government are already involved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭jaymla627

400k tons of milk powder says that government are already involved...

And the major sticking point is it isn't even been shifted at 1390 a ton, which is a cent and a half below intervention price a litre, playing around with the butter/smp calculator on www.clal.it if we assume butter stabilises at 4175 euro a ton and smp falls a bit to 1200 euro a ton to get it shifted at 4%bf and 3.4%pr it returns a milk price of 27.24 cent a litre to the farmer, unless butter rally's again up past the 5000 euro a ton mark, id reckon glanbia will be paying 26 cent for peak milk depending on how quickly they pull the pin with cuts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

jaymla627 wrote: »
    And the major sticking point is it isn't even been shifted at 1390 a ton, which is a cent and a half below intervention price a litre, playing around with the butter/smp calculator on www.clal.it if we assume butter stabilises at 4175 euro a ton and smp falls a bit to 1200 euro a ton to get it shifted at 4%bf and 3.4%pr it returns a milk price of 27.24 cent a litre to the farmer, unless butter rally's again up past the 5000 euro a ton mark, id reckon glanbia will be paying 26 cent for peak milk depending on how quickly they pull the pin with cuts....

I think next year could be bumpy enough, butter is looking very dodgey at the moment it could go below 4k / very quickly.
    The fixed prices are looking very attractive now.

Advertisement