Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Carbery to pay 1c/l bonus on all 2017 supplies. Wonder what excuse the other purchasers will use to explain how Carbery are able to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

whelan2 wrote: »
    What are the two lodgements from glanbia yesterday? No text or email to explain them

Letter in the post today,they were the meal and fert money back discounts
    The other half in the new year
    That’s not the ‘contract’ money back as neither you or I signed up to that and it doesn’t start until next year

I presume it’s more subsidy from the Coop to the plc as it’s funded from the summer share sale isn’t it?

Is the ‘contract’ meal price also funded from that?
    Outright shameful if it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,731 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Letter in the post today,they were the meal and fert money back discounts
    The other half in the new year
    That’s not the ‘contract’ money back as neither you or I signed up to that and it doesn’t start until next year

I presume it’s more subsidy from the Coop to the plc as it’s funded from the summer share sale isn’t it?

Is the ‘contract’ meal price also funded from that?
    Outright shameful if it is

Why are the glanbia shares falling, below €15 now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

are we getting 1clt top from co op

Why are the glanbia shares falling, below €15 now :(

Low volume today so someone desperate to sell decided to give them away
    Their performance this year is definitely an indictment on management though whose modus operandi seems to be what new sale can we cook up to use farmers shares to fund something that investors are delivering today’s bad share price verdict on..
    I mean look at Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Low volume today so someone desperate to sell decided to give them away
    Their performance this year is definitely an indictment on management though whose modus operandi seems to be what new sale can we cook up to use farmers shares to fund something that investors are delivering today’s bad share price verdict on..
    I mean look at Kerry

If glanbia's share price keeps falling would they be rip for a take over.glad I sold some of them earlier in the yr

boggerman1 wrote: »
    If glanbia's share price keeps falling would they be rip for a take over.glad I sold some of them earlier in the yr

I doubt it
    Farmers along with the CoOp itself still own north of 60% of the shares making a take over bid highly unlikely as that 60% won’t be put up

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭farisfat

Top price in aurivo last month 61c

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

farisfat wrote: »
    Top price in aurivo last month 61c

Saw that today, 16cent above the average price in the coop, its some price

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Carbery to pay 1c/l bonus on all 2017 supplies. Wonder what excuse the other purchasers will use to explain how Carbery are able to do this?
    its not coming from milk processing

• Advertisement

K.G. wrote: »
    its not coming from milk processing

I knew there had to be a reason. There always is.

Still on a million litre supply 1c will bring in a €10000 Christmas present to a farmer and I honestly think most farmers wont care how the money was made as long as their co op is delivering a good milk price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Still on a million litre supply 1c will bring in a €10000 Christmas present to a farmer and I honestly think most farmers wont care how the money was made as long as their co op is delivering a good milk price.

Lol, if I recall you and others got very exercised when others did the same last year

Lol, if I recall you and others got very exercised when others did the same last year

In fairness there is a bit of a difference when a purchaser who is already paying a leading milk price and has a history of doing so yet again passing back some of the profits to the farmer as compared to a processor who only flashes the cash when trying to get a vote passed or to distort a milk price league.

In fairness there is a bit of a difference when a purchaser who is already paying a leading milk price and has a history of doing so yet again passing back some of the profits to the farmer as compared to a processor who only flashes the cash when trying to get a vote passed or to distort a milk price league.

Did dairygold have a vote or arrabawn or arivo for that matter. All on the recorded for passing back top ups to milk price and rightly so

Did dairygold have a vote or arrabawn or arivo for that matter. All on the recorded for passing back top ups to milk price and rightly so

No one matching one cent all the same. Credit where credit is due west cork have consistently been leading the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Freisland campania after cutting Jan milk price 4 cent, looks like the party is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,731 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Freisland campania after cutting Jan milk price 4 cent, looks like the party is over

What was the price before the drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

My crowd are cutting to 31cpl for Jan/Feb/Mar...and a warning that there’ll be further cuts going forward unless there’s a big drop in production in the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

My crowd are cutting to 31cpl for Jan/Feb/Mar...and a warning that there’ll be further cuts going forward unless there’s a big drop in production in the EU.
    Would those further cuts in production include France too?:)

• Advertisement

Would those further cuts in production include France too?:)

Sure I’ll cut back if you will!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Just out of comparison would you do a post on your setup out there?
    Cow numbers, % replacements, calf price, cull price, average price, average solids, days on grass, cost of feed fertiliser and veterinary etc, numbers of lameness, mastitis etc - basically a summary of your farm.
    Just to see how we compare here with an actual European equivalent farm rather than what is printed

If too much of an ask no hassle, just curious

What was the price before the drop?

In our around 38 cent when worked back to standard Irish price, pretty hefty cut in one month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

In our around 38 cent when worked back to standard Irish price, pretty hefty cut in one month

It's important to say that Friesland Csmpina do not pay monthly on the basis of market returns, they pay what they expect is the average of their neighbouring processors, and balance with a 13th payment to bring the annual layout up to market returns value...the latest 13th payment equated 3.3c/l.

However this drop in one month, even if it is like a new season recalibration, is enormous.

https://www.frieslandcampina.com/en/organisation/financials/milk-price-explained/

Signpost wrote: »
    Just out of comparison would you do a post on your setup out there?
    Cow numbers, % replacements, calf price, cull price, average price, average solids, days on grass, cost of feed fertiliser and veterinary etc, numbers of lameness, mastitis etc - basically a summary of your farm.
    Just to see how we compare here with an actual European equivalent farm rather than what is printed

If too much of an ask no hassle, just curious

Will be just a tad under 2.7 mln litres produced for 2017.
    That equates to just under 770kgs ms/hd.
    Replacement rate is €35% but not very accurate as a flying herd...and I’d cull a cow for looking sideways at me.
    Culls averaged €940.
    Bought in cows averaged €895.
    All calves finished to beef.
    130 days grazing due to drought.
    Feed is all produced in house.
    Vet bill for this year will be just over €27k. (Includes beef)
    Fert is 50 units/acre of nitrogen.
    About 25 to 30 cases of mastitis this year. No serious cases.
    Hoof paring done once every month, with 30 to 40 attended to each time.

I could add that my CoP is 19.99999cpl and I hire no labour (save the parents and kids!) and I paid very dearly for my inherited farm...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Will be just a tad under 2.7 mln litres produced for 2017.
    That equates to just under 770kgs ms/hd.
    Replacement rate is €35% but not very accurate as a flying herd...and I’d cull a cow for looking sideways at me.
    Culls averaged €940.
    Bought in cows averaged €895.
    All calves finished to beef.
    130 days grazing due to drought.
    Feed is all produced in house.
    Vet bill for this year will be just over €27k. (Includes beef)
    Fert is 50 units/acre of nitrogen.
    About 25 to 30 cases of mastitis this year. No serious cases.
    Hoof paring done once every month, with 30 to 40 attended to each time.

I could add that my CoP is 19.99999cpl and I hire no labour (save the parents and kids!) and I paid very dearly for my inherited farm...:)

Are those culls straight out of parlour price?

Mooooo wrote: »
    Are those culls straight out of parlour price?

Some yes, but not all.
    The majority are fed on...adlib maize crimp and good hay. Still takes some of them up to 8 weeks to flesh. You know the type...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Some yes, but not all.
    The majority are fed on...adlib maize crimp and good hay. Still takes some of them up to 8 weeks to flesh. You know the type...

Once cell count isn't high, I milk on and give ration thru the parlour if I have space, and go straight up the ramp then. Any tgat are thin or other issues I just sell

• Advertisement

What's the scenario if the opposite happens and their is a tsunami of extra milk in the spring, spot price for milk in holland finished the year at 18 cent was at 30 in November, its frightening the extreme volatility that's happening, lucked out here and have 70% of next years supply locked in at 31 cent

Advertisement