Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

mf240 wrote: »
    Those vegans do be full of beans

Apparently the lack of vit B12 could cause a person to go a bit mad. So I wouldn't go annoying them. The last thing you want is to be eaten by a vegan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

got the 2017 kerry "13th payment" today, twas marvellous, just the 2015 and 2016 payments due now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭alps

FCStoneMilkprices.comUKMFE has recorded its 3rd largest weekly gain since starting in 2014 Butter prices have pushed the ave price on the forw'd curve up by 2.1ppl this last week. Green line is the previous week's performance. Compare this graph with the one we posted in Dec'17 https://t.co/8ex3M5DSuN

From tweet..

45.97c for Jan Milk....Great start....

Up there with the best at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

GDT results delayed but looking like a 2-3% drop.

Skim and butter up and WMP and BMP down. No idea of the average yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,731 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I'm predicting a one cent increase for February milk to thank all the dairy farmers who worked so hard during the snow to keep milk flowing......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'm predicting a one cent increase for February milk to thank all the dairy farmers who worked so hard during the snow to keep milk flowing......

Is that pigs flying by the milking parlor

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Is that pigs flying by the milking parlor

It's the exhaustion talking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

GDT results delayed but looking like a 2-3% drop.

Skim and butter up and WMP and BMP down. No idea of the average yet though.

Average down 0.6% so more or less holding steady.

• Advertisement

Glanbia down 3cpl to 32cpl also paying a 1cent bad weather top up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What a load of cock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

March milk is 31cpl + vat.

April 30.5. + vat.

May ‘probably’ 30. Will know closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭moneyheer

Sure what's new. They nearly always lead the price down😦.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭White Clover

There's no chance they'd rise the price in 3 cent increments. There will be big cut backs in Cow numbers around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

now i will hit the sales for a few heifers,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Very surprised by this 3c cut. I didn't think the markets had weakened that much. It will be interesting to see if other proccesors cut the 3c as well. As for the 1cent bad weather top up, With the price cut it just feels like a slap in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭jaymla627

leg wax wrote: »
    now i will hit the sales for a few heifers,,,

Parlour lad might actually get around to putting in the new vari-speed pump I ordered last September, was to busy with all the shiny new parlours lads where throwing up till now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Very surprised by this 3c cut. I didn't think the markets had weakened that much. It will be interesting to see if other proccesors cut the 3c as well. As for the 1cent bad weather top up, With the price cut it just feels like a slap in the face.

Top up prob added post solids adjustment as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

I heard last week big cuts were coming, sub 30 cent in quick order. Glanbia are the first we will all be in the same boat.
    Powder market very weak, butter has to carry the price. it is a lot easier to hold prices November-January when volumes are small. No chance of current prices being held as volumes increases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

yewtree wrote: »
    I heard last week big cuts were coming, sub 30 cent in quick order. Glanbia are the first we will all be in the same boat.
    Powder market very weak, butter has to carry the price. it is a lot easier to hold prices November-January when volumes are small. No chance of current prices being held as volumes increases.

If things are that serious it's obviously time for pay freezes across the board, renegotiation of all other suppliers contracts/prices, and above all the 50% increase in fees for the neds is revoked immediately. Not to mention all dividend payments suspended with immediate effect. If it's that serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

If milk averages around the 30 cent for this yr we will be doing very well indeed.the one cent for bad weather is some insult.not surprised by glanbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

If things are that serious it's obviously time for pay freezes across the board, renegotiation of all other suppliers contracts/prices, and above all the 50% increase in fees for the neds is revoked immediately. Not to mention all dividend payments suspended with immediate effect. If it's that serious.

There should be consequences for the Coop's aswell, it's up to farmer members to put the pressure on to get their coop running as efficiently as possible. Although I don't buy the idea that Coop's are looking to cut price for no reason, maybe I am wrong and we are been robbed.
    Look at where smp&wmp are at you don't need to be a genius to figure out the current price wasn't going to last..
    It would seem to me that an average of 30 cent base would be a good result for this year.
    Is there any evidence to suggest we would be short changed at that

Lakelands should be announcing their price fairly soon. Will be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭jaymla627

yewtree wrote: »
    There should be consequences for the Coop's aswell, it's up to farmer members to put the pressure on to get their coop running as efficiently as possible. Although I don't buy the idea that Coop's are looking to cut price for no reason, maybe I am wrong and we are been robbed.
    Look at where smp&wmp are at you don't need to be a genius to figure out the current price wasn't going to last..
    It would seem to me that an average of 30 cent base would be a good result for this year.
    Is there any evidence to suggest we would be short changed at that

Entirely depends on where butter prices stay, at 4800 a ton and if skim/wmp powder stay at current levels, I'd reckon 28 cent would be a good average....
    A lot of ominous signs re supply ramping up in Europe, along with intervention stocks, plus what the Americans have in storage their is a glut of dairy products trying to find homes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

Lakelands should be announcing their price fairly soon. Will be interesting

Lakelands dropped the price one cent last month.
    Meeting to set the Feb. price tmro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 agrifan_1090

dairys on a road to nowhere atm . we're producing way too much milk all across europe since quotas were lifted. hogan had a sharp message and its time it sunk in. this volatility is unworkable we'd be far better off having less milk but it be more valuable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Agrifan, you are preaching heresy. All the processors are telling us, keep increasing production and we'll sell it.
    Now, they haven't mentioned, at what price, but that's a small detail that they will tell you, the month after you have sold your milk to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭farisfat

Are the low 20s on the cards before long.

Advertisement