Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Express Entry profile marked ineligible for no reason

Options
  • 09-11-2016 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I've had an Express Entry profile active and eligible since December, I was offer to apply for the Ontario Provincial Nomination Program through Express Entry.

The OPNP was approved today and 3 minutes later my profile was marked ineligible saying I don't meet the minimum eligibility criteria for a federal skilled worker. I don't understand why this happened tho, I was at 450 points (excluding the extra 600 the OPNP would have given me), 50 points above the minimum.

Anyone know if there is anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I've had an Express Entry profile active and eligible since December, I was offer to apply for the Ontario Provincial Nomination Program through Express Entry.

The OPNP was approved today and 3 minutes later my profile was marked ineligible saying I don't meet the minimum eligibility criteria for a federal skilled worker. I don't understand why this happened tho, I was at 450 points (excluding the extra 600 the OPNP would have given me), 50 points above the minimum.

Anyone know if there is anything I can do?

There are selection factors to qualify for FSW (these are separate to Express Entry Points).

CIC website is down so here they are on a different site

http://www.itc-canada.com/federal_skilled_workers_selection_factors.htm

You need to score 67 points on this grid to qualify for FSW. Usually it's either your age going up or your English test results expiring (English test results expire after 2 years) that disqualifies people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

There are selection factors to qualify for FSW (these are separate to Express Entry Points).

You need to score 67 points on this grid to qualify for FSW. Usually it's either your age going up or your English test results expiring (English test results expire after 2 years) that disqualifies people.

I score 75 on that grid, I double checked my EE profile to make sure all the data in there is correct. My English test results are under 2 years and I'm still well under 35 to get max points on age and my stated savings are over the required minimum.

I'm pretty sure it was a technical glitch because it only happened moments after I received the provincial nomination. Nothing else on my profile had changed meaning it deemed the criteria to be met, and receiving a nomination is not an event that should trigger a profile to become ineligible. I just have no idea who to contact about it, I keep hitting dead ends with any calls I make, it's all machines or people who work on different parts of the system that don't want to talk to me.

Has anyone dealt with provincial nominations in the past? In particular through the express entry stream? I'm wondering if I just create a new profile will I be able to link it back up to the provincial nomination I received.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

I had something similiar. It turned out i didnt say i had enough funds in my theoretical bank account. When i said 12k euro it accepted it, when i said 10k it said no.

In the end i did and redid my EE profile 6 times before it was fully accepted and i was happy with it. So re-enter, tweak some bits and go again! Obviously tell no lies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

CF, thanks for that link.
    Looking at the points available under the adaptability heading, this one gives the max points
    Principal Applicant Previous Work in Canada (min. 1 yr at NOC 0, A, B)
    Any thoughts on what the (min. 1 yr at NOC 0, A, B) means.
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

CF, thanks for that link.
    Looking at the points available under the adaptability heading, this one gives the max points
    Principal Applicant Previous Work in Canada (min. 1 yr at NOC 0, A, B)
    Any thoughts on what the (min. 1 yr at NOC 0, A, B) means.
    Thanks

Minimum one year experience in a job that is at level NOC 0, NOC A or NOC B.

NOC stands for National Occupational Classification, NOC 0 is usually managerial positions and A/B are usually positions that are skilled.

You can find out the NOC for any job that you held with this site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement