Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring cooker

Options
  • 09-11-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi I am qualified electrician and friend asked me can I add 1 no socket to move his wireless router and also connect a cooker. My question is can I do this unregistered???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

My understanding of restricted works is that if there's any new wiring involved then this must only be done by a rec

If the cooker tails are in place then it's permissible

It would be prudent to do all tests to ensure correct connections and loop impedance

• Registered Users Posts: 36 stoneyxox

stoneyxox wrote: »
    Hi I am qualified electrician and friend asked me can I add 1 no socket to move his wireless router and also connect a cooker. My question is can I do this unregistered???

Hi meerkat that's what I was thinking. I know I can add a socket to existing circuit. It was the cooker that I was unsure about, I always test everything anyway as I work for company and have testers in my van.i wouldn't normally be bothered with nixers but just making sure I'm covered. Thanks

Advertisement