Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Options
19596979899101»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

My experience with the Ikea stuff so far is that it always required a firmware upgrade before I could connect it to a different hub.

Only reason I got a (2nd hand) Ikea hub - just for an initial firmware update. Might have just been unlucky with bulbs etc though.

But as long as you see the zigbee logo on the packaging, you should be grand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,110 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I couldn't actually see these in IKEA today. Will have to keep an eye out the next time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

My hue light strip stopped working. According to the app, it's still connected and working like normal. Has anyone experience of this and better still a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,541 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

not ever experienced that… I've 2 light strip's in my kitchen at least 5-6 years now at this stage and they've never once acted up…

have you plugged out the power supply and left for a bit before plugging back in?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not had this one before, one bulb of 8 new candle bulbs in a fitting won’t connect to hue hub, flashes that it’s been found each time but doesn’t actually get found by the app. Fitting is near the hub and serial number which is my usual fix for this doesn’t work. Anyone have any other ideas? Online talk is about a special PC app that requires Java or just keep trying, but have done 30 searches now, various reboots of hub, app, light etc.

• Advertisement

it was the number of lights, I passed 50ma long while back but obviously pushed my luck too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,541 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've had Hue issues of my own lately…

Planned power cut in the holiday home in Lithuania on Monday last week, which is fine as we've had a few… so I set a reminder to turn off the lights once power was restored, but cannot connect to the bridge*, meaning a load of the lights have been on for over a week now… Usually before we leave I turn off most of the lights via their traditional switch, but last time we left in a bit of a hurry so left a few on……. Luckily we're heading over on Sunday so will be able to sort it out then…

*I think the issue is beyond just connecting to the bridge, as I did leave on a timer to turn everything off at midnight, and they've not gone off (I can see from cameras), so hopefully it's just a matter of resetting the bridge.

Then, last week in Ireland, anytime I tried to open the app and connect to my Irish bridge, I kept seeing a 'mandatory update required' message, so tried and failed multiple times to install it but it kept failing… was chatting to their support over the course of a few hours and eventually got it back up and running after trying many different suggestions… the last resort was a full reset of the bridge which means I'd lose everything (lights/rooms/routines/scenes etc…), and have to start all over again, so luckily it didn't get to that stage…

I’d a weird one when I was away that my holidays routine stopped working aamd all light stayed on and I couldn’t connect to the hub via hue app to turn off lights. I used google home and it worked ok, no idea how.

Advertisement