Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

davegilly wrote: »
    You should be fine. I've only got one Hue bulb and the rest of the house has Ikea and they all work perfectly, never had any issues with them. Theyve been in for about 18 months.

Thanks.
    I just replaced some garden lights with IKEA bulbs. The pairing to the hue bridge was super quick with the touchlink. I tried to pair another one without touchlink and I didn't make it and I gave up after 30mins. Only once I had to "reset" the bulb by turning the light on/off 6 times. They are now working perfectly with the hue app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I saw some hue bulbs in my local Tesco yesterday. €20 for an e27 white ambiance. I think 25 or 30 for one with a dimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I just replaced some garden lights with IKEA bulbs. The pairing to the hue bridge was super quick with the touchlink. I tried to pair another one without touchlink and I didn't make it and I gave up after 30mins. Only once I had to "reset" the bulb by turning the light on/off 6 times. They are now working perfectly with the hue app.

Have you got a link for the bulbs? I'm thinking of kids rooms and outdoor lights

Have you got a link for the bulbs? I'm thinking of kids rooms and outdoor lights

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/lighting/smart-lighting/tr%C3%A5dfri-led-bulb-e27-1000-lumen-wireless-dimmable-warm-white-opal-white-art-60338452/]This one. It's the cheapest one but I didn't need anything more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

quick question for you guys using the Ikea bulbs. Anyone found any good switches to that can work with hue from ikea? really like the new vimar switches but they are just crazy money 90 pounds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I don't see a way to config the dimmer switch to turn on some lights and off others. I have a couple of hue go lamps and a chandelier in one room. Would be great to have it set up to be able to have lamps turn on/chandelier off on a single click, the reverse of a double clcick, all off on 3 click, all on on 4 click. Is there any way to do this, even outside of the Hue app?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I don't see a way to config the dimmer switch to turn on some lights and off others. I have a couple of hue go lamps and a chandelier in one room. Would be great to have it set up to be able to have lamps turn on/chandelier off on a single click, the reverse of a double clcick, all off on 3 click, all on on 4 click. Is there any way to do this, even outside of the Hue app?

Yeah you can configure dimmer switches like you said using hue essentials(android) and there is an ios app but i cant remember the name (i think its iconnect 4 hue).

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

If you create a set of scenes in the hue app, you can assign a different scene to different button clicks.

If you have an iPhone, the iConnectHue app can also be configured apparently. I don't have this but someone else may be able to confirm.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

iConnectHue is a must have app for Hue and iOS users.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

bk wrote: »
    iConnectHue is a must have app for Hue and iOS users.

I agree. It’s my go-to hue app. It’s well worth the extra few euro

• Advertisement

I'm android unfortunately. Have downloaded all 4 hue app and will play around with it. Need the paid version to do what I need, I think.

If you create a set of scenes in the hue app, you can assign a different scene to different button clicks.

If you have an iPhone, the iConnectHue app can also be configured apparently. I don't have this but someone else may be able to confirm.

Scenes won't do it, I need to be able to turn some lights on, some off, with each click.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Scenes won't do it, I need to be able to turn some lights on, some off, with each click.

You can do that with scenes though. Set the lights the way you want, save as a scene. And repeat. Then assign those scenes to the dimmer switch and it will toggle through. Have it done myself that way.

You can do that with scenes though. Set the lights the way you want, save as a scene. And repeat. Then assign those scenes to the dimmer switch and it will toggle through. Have it done myself that way.

Thanks. Presume this only available so long as the lights are all in the same Room. Need to be creative with this approach, for hall/stairs/landing type requirements, or kitchen/dining area.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Thanks. Presume this only available so long as the lights are all in the same Room. Need to be creative with this approach, for hall/stairs/landing type requirements, or kitchen/dining area.

Do you have smartthings? You can setup routines to do just this. I have a Bedtime routine that turns off various lights in different rooms and turns on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

Anyone with a spare hub they'd be willing to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

AdamB wrote: »
    Anyone with a spare hub they'd be willing to sell?

PM sent

tonc76 wrote: »
    PM sent

same goes for the light strip extensions :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got the Hue Christmas app for the phone this evening, the kids LOVED it, had an Iris and 3 strips setup and they had a Christmas disco for themselves and had a ball, worth every penny and I don't mean the €1.99, I mean the cost of all the kit.

Do you think I would get an e14 bulb, which has a width of 3.9cm I believe, into a shade that has an opening of 3.9cm also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

I swopped out some lightstrips the other day, 2m + 2x 1metre extensions, wont be using them anymore, adhesive is going to need a freshen up but working great for a good price if anyones looking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hue Dimmer switches are £13.07 on Amazon today if anyone wants to pick one up cheap, especially with stg the way it is at the moment!

Hue Dimmer switches are £13.07 on Amazon today if anyone wants to pick one up cheap, especially with stg the way it is at the moment!

Can you provide a link please? I am only seeing 17.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

dimmer and white bulb for £30 amazon 

The £13.07 is finished.

3 x dimmer for £36 argos , stock in derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Can you provide a link please? I am only seeing 17.99

I’m seeing around £16.50.

I also see the LightStrip+ is down to £50

donegal. wrote: »
    [

The £13.07 is finished.

That didn't last long, did it? camelcamel sent me an email that it had dropped and i bought 4 of them, should have bought more :(

iConnectHue has been updated and has a feature called Power Loss Recovery.

Good news for those who were complaining about the light coming on after a power cut in the middle of the night! Just chose Last State and if they were off, they'll remain off

• Advertisement

bought 2! not really what i want but the alternative are just to expensive for a simple on off switch that still keeps the bulbs smart!

Advertisement