Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia lumina 925 froze up

• 09-11-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Was on the internet tonight on my friends WIFI which i,ve used for years and my phone froze.Thought i could try to do a reboot by holding the on off button down for an extra length of time but no joy,all that happens is a drop down screen comes down half way on the screen and you have to drop it the rest of the way with your finger to turn off but does not respond.
    I can use the camera by clicking down on a side button and take a picture but can not turn it off,the only other things i can use by pressing the other side buttons is higher and lower volume.My friend said hold on i will ring your phone and see what happens,when he rang it showed the answer button but when i pressed the button to answer there was no response.Any help much appreciated as starting to get severe technolodgical withdrawls :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Okay withdrawls got too much so googled the issue i,m having with the phone and on the first page at the start at top the solution was there.Press VOLUME DOWN button and POWER ON AND OFF button at the same time for 8 seconds,after about 4 seconds the slide down screen saver came up but i ignored it and continude holding the buttons down and then the sliding screen saver dissapeared and a black screen with the Nokia logo loaded and problem sorted,happy days .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Oh this helped me out no end. Thanks a lot.

By sheer chance I looked in here. And found your post. Helped out a lot.

thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

tampopo wrote: »
    Oh this helped me out no end. Thanks a lot.

By sheer chance I looked in here. And found your post. Helped out a lot.

thanks for posting.

No probs thanks for that,anytime anything happens with phones computers or any issue in life i have etc i just google it as i,m not technoligy literate.Could have left the phone into a shop and god knows what they would have charged for holding down 2 buttons at the same time and 8 seconds of time :)

Advertisement