Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 10-11-2016 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

We have recently built a new house and went to one your stores to order phone and broadband. As the line was going to be a new install we were advised it would take 3 weeks or so before line was in and broadband up and running.

The line was put in the following week. I rang a week and a half later to enquire about the broadband and was told a modem would be sent out and the line was still being tested. Got a text 20 minutes later to say modem was being delivered the next day. Received the modem (26 days after order). Put it on and the dsl light remained off. I rang the store and they said it could take 24 hours so it would work the next day. The store rang back a few minutes later and said the broadband was only ordered by them the day before so it would be of Tuesday this week. I didn't make an issue with it as another few days wait wasn't going to make a huge difference.

I still have no dsl light on the modem this morning (Thursday) and would really like to get this sorted. It is 32 days since we ordered the broadband and I need it this weekend as I will be bringing some work home with me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 iprinter

ROVERS1984 wrote: »
    Hi,

We have recently built a new house and went to one your stores to order phone and broadband. As the line was going to be a new install we were advised it would take 3 weeks or so before line was in and broadband up and running.

The line was put in the following week. I rang a week and a half later to enquire about the broadband and was told a modem would be sent out and the line was still being tested. Got a text 20 minutes later to say modem was being delivered the next day. Received the modem (26 days after order). Put it on and the dsl light remained off. I rang the store and they said it could take 24 hours so it would work the next day. The store rang back a few minutes later and said the broadband was only ordered by them the day before so it would be of Tuesday this week. I didn't make an issue with it as another few days wait wasn't going to make a huge difference.

I still have no dsl light on the modem this morning (Thursday) and would really like to get this sorted. It is 32 days since we ordered the broadband and I need it this weekend as I will be bringing some work home with me. Any help would be much appreciated.
    contact Eir Loyality as they are more helpful than Eir Care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ROVERS1984 wrote: »
    Hi,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ROVERS1984,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies for the delayed response. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Has this issue been resolved? Feel free to PM me.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement