Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV and Saorview

Options
  • 10-11-2016 10:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

I have 'Eir Fibre Broadband only' and Eir Mobile.
    They both work very good so far.

In two rooms in my home I have the following:
    I also have two Freesat Freetime+ Boxes for UK TV and Netflix.
    I also have two Saorview approved TVs for Irish TV.

I watch the 'eir sport pack' on a Sky TV box.
    I don't subscribe to Sky TV.
    As I cancelled Sky TV three years ago.
    But the sky card is still active in the Sky TV box so I can watch the Eir Sport Pack.

I would be interested in the 'Eir TV's essential package' to watch the 'Eir Sport Pack'.
    But there is a issue because the main 'Eir TV' box has to stay in one room forever.
    Its not a wireless box.
    The 'Eir TV's multi-room box is a wireless box.
    Why can't the main Box be wireless?
    The main Eir TV box is like 'BT Vision's TV boxes from ten years ago.
    The main Eir TV box should be wireless.
    The main 'Sky Q' box is wireless.

Eir TV should use the Saorview Platform to expand its reach right across Ireland.
    Saorview can reach 98 per cent of Ireland through an outdoor TV aerial.
    Saorview Connect should be up and running in 2017.
    'Eir Sport App' and 'Eir TV' could be used through the 'on demand' section of Saorview Connect.
    'Eir Sport 1' should be on Saorview now as a Teaser TV channel to promote the overall 'eir sport pack'.
    If 'Eir Sport 1' was on Saorview now, Eir Sport could bid for most live Sports TV rights. It could show some of the 2019 Rugby World Cup live games on 'Eir Sport 1' such as Ireland's games and than show the rest on 'Eir Sport 2'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

iprinter wrote: »
    I have 'Eir Fibre Broadband only' and Eir Mobile.
    They both work very good so far.

In two rooms in my home I have the following:
    I also have two Freesat Freetime+ Boxes for UK TV and Netflix.
    I also have two Saorview approved TVs for Irish TV.

I watch the 'eir sport pack' on a Sky TV box.
    I don't subscribe to Sky TV.
    As I cancelled Sky TV three years ago.
    But the sky card is still active in the Sky TV box so I can watch the Eir Sport Pack.

I would be interested in the 'Eir TV's essential package' to watch the 'Eir Sport Pack'.
    But there is a issue because the main 'Eir TV' box has to stay in one room forever.
    Its not a wireless box.
    The 'Eir TV's multi-room box is a wireless box.
    Why can't the main Box be wireless?
    The main Eir TV box is like 'BT Vision's TV boxes from ten years ago.
    The main Eir TV box should be wireless.
    The main 'Sky Q' box is wireless.

Eir TV should use the Saorview Platform to expand its reach right across Ireland.
    Saorview can reach 98 per cent of Ireland through an outdoor TV aerial.
    Saorview Connect should be up and running in 2017.
    'Eir Sport App' and 'Eir TV' could be used through the 'on demand' section of Saorview Connect.
    'Eir Sport 1' should be on Saorview now as a Teaser TV channel to promote the overall 'eir sport pack'.
    If 'Eir Sport 1' was on Saorview now, Eir Sport could bid for most live Sports TV rights. It could show some of the 2019 Rugby World Cup live games on 'Eir Sport 1' such as Ireland's games and than show the rest on 'Eir Sport 2'.
    Hi iprinter, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid if you don't avail of eir vision we would be unable to offer you the eir essential pack unless you place an order for TV.  As the wired box doesn't suit you this is not something we can arrange. I will be sure to relay your feedback on in relation to this & hopefully this may be something we can offer in the future. 

Thanks again,

Stacey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 iprinter

Stacey 

A Eir TV wireless box needs to happen now to counter Sky Q 
    Sky Q is a wireless box 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Stacey 

Sky Q is a wireless box 
    I understand iprinter

I have relayed your feedback on to the relevant team in relation to this. 

Thanks again,

Stacey

More issues again with the eir sport app and the eir sport live with laptops/tablets

if the eir TV's main TV box was wireless this would solve all issues forever

if Eir TV got 300,000 new subscribers to subscribe to the Essential Package along with broadband/mobile bundle because of the eir tv's main box is wireless

All over Crumlin in the past week I have seen many people getting Sky Q installed.  They are stuck with Sky Q for the next two years.

Eir TV needs the main box to be wireless now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Stacey 

Sky Q is a wireless box 

Sky Q isn't wireless, it needs 2 feeds from a high band lnb or hybrid lnb to function as it contains multiple (12 I think) tuners.

An eir tv box can function over 'home plugs' if your internal electrical wiring allows it.

• Advertisement

sky q's main box is wireless

its needs to be connected to two satellite feeds

but if you disconnect the satellite feeds its wireless

a neighbour brought his sky q box into my home to prove its wireless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

More issues again with the eir sport app and the eir sport live with laptops/tablets

if the eir TV's main TV box was wireless this would solve all issues forever

if Eir TV got 300,000 new subscribers to subscribe to the Essential Package along with broadband/mobile bundle because of the eir tv's main box is wireless

All over Crumlin in the past week I have seen many people getting Sky Q installed.  They are stuck with Sky Q for the next two years.

Eir TV needs the main box to be wireless now
    Thanks for your feedback iprinter, I'll pass this on.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement