Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN Hacked ...again?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Correct, you were foolish to expect that.

2 Step is so simple and there's really no reason to not have it on for PSN/XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

maximoose wrote: »

Does Xbox have it? I also didn't know it exists being honest. No need to set it up on PlayStation now anyway because I'm selling the feckin thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, with MS it's an app on your phone. When you try to sign in it sends a request to the app for you to approve or deny.

Same idea on PS, but it's a code by text message

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just changed my password and enabled 2 step verification

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I bought a PS4 two months ago and bought No Man's sky on my account. I use a different password for my PSN account to others. My PSN account is not linked to any EA, UPlay any **** like that because I don't use the thing. But yeah people in here are right, it's clearly my fault for being an idiot. I deserved to have €150 robbed off me! Cheers

Well I've had the same account for almost 10 years, and bar the massive hack a few years ago, have never had one issue. Only set up 2step verification last week and just as a precaution based on this thread, changed my password just there now.

Nobody is saying you deserved to lose money, whether it was €150 or €1.50. But I'm sorry, if your account was hacked within 2 months then I find it hard to believe they got your info from Sony and nowhere else, considering the amount of us on PSN for much longer with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »

I haven't got it setup on Xbox. I know I should have. It keeps reminding me to set it up. I just haven't had any concern to use it. I must set it up though.

2 step verification has only been available on PSN since August 25th so if anyone hasn't set that up yet I'd do that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

lertsnim wrote: »
    What reason do people have for not setting up 2 step verification?

I didn't actually know about it until this thread. I have it set up now and I've removed my PayPal account. Cheers to everybody here for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Penn wrote: »
    Well I've had the same account for almost 10 years, and bar the massive hack a few years ago, have never had one issue. Only set up 2step verification last week and just as a precaution based on this thread, changed my password just there now.

Nobody is saying you deserved to lose money, whether it was €150 or €1.50. But I'm sorry, if your account was hacked within 2 months then I find it hard to believe they got your info from Sony and nowhere else, considering the amount of us on PSN for much longer with no issues.

Well I'm just hoping you're not processing my refund request (I assume you work for Sony)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I find it hard to believe they got your info from Sony and nowhere else, considering the amount of us on PSN for much longer with no issues.

Hackers don't discriminate. Even if someone is new to PSN.

Is it really that hard to believe. We aren't talking about a network with an amazing security record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well I'm just hoping you're not processing my refund request (I assume you work for Sony)

Get over yourself m8,people have tried to be reasonable with ye but obviously that's lost on ye.

No pity for anyone so belligerent

• Advertisement

• Penn wrote: »
    Maybe because some of the most vocally critical of Sony on this thread are the usual Xbots who haven't been l hacked.

Usual Xbots
    So glad the conversation is on a mature level
    While we're at it let's continue to act like children and call people ponies and xbots

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On hold with them now.
    Tried sending online form but for some reason it's not recognising my PSN ID as valid

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On hold with them now.
    Tried sending online form but for some reason it's not recognising my PSN ID as valid

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭Penn

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Usual Xbots
    So glad the conversation is on a mature level
    While we're at it let's continue to act like children and call people ponies and xbots
    Great value on Xbox one right now

You won't regret it.

SWEATY YETI 83

that's my gamertag see you on the superior format if you move.

I'm actually nervous about my payment details on psn

On a Playstation forum.

But yeah, I'm the immature one. Suuurrrrreeeee...

We all know there are regulars here who much prefer xbox over Playstation. That's fine. That's opinion. However, they take absolutely every chance to b*tch, moan and make fun of Sony/Playstation at every available opportunity, and where there isnt an opportunity they blow something small out of proportion or bring up something from the past apropos of nothing, on a PS forum.

Then when called on it, they talk about how they just want Sony to be better, competition is good, love their PS console... then a few weeks later, back at the same trolling sh*t.

Yeah, Xbots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think its says a lot that you are chalking this up to Xbox vs PS bull.

It is very clearly Xbox vs PS Bull and it is very tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

On a Playstation forum.

But yeah, I'm the immature one. Suuurrrrreeeee...

We all know there are regulars here who much prefer xbox over Playstation. That's fine. That's opinion. However, they take absolutely every chance to b*tch, moan and make fun of Sony/Playstation at every available opportunity, and where there isnt an opportunity they blow something small out of proportion or bring up something from the past apropos of nothing, on a PS forum.

Then when called on it, they talk about how they just want Sony to be better, competition is good, love their PS console... then a few weeks later, back at the same trolling sh*t.

Yeah, Xbots.

Yepp. Pure butt hurt begrudge-rs . They chose the wrong lifestyle product and try to make up for it constantly by coming in here and trying to bait non stop . I always here of this Sony fanboi crap that seems to be spewed out by the Xbox gang , but in all my years of the internet , it's the Xbox lads that cause most of the beef with their misinformation and all round bitching . I don't frequent the Xbox forum , because I don't own one anymore ... so I have no need to go in there . I'm happy with my Playstation , why are they not happy with their Xbox and just leave it at that .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Right, this thread has gone completely downhill.

Going to lock it since it's gotten far too heated.

For anyone who has gotten hacked, hope you get everything worked out. Feel free to vent about your experiences in the main PS4 thread.

Everybody who hasn't, you're definitely encouraged to enable two-step verification ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement