Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with tanning

Options
  • 10-11-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

So I've noticed a lot of girls around me have a natural looking tan all the time. I was never into tanning much but recently I've been thinking I'd love that sun kissed look, but I've no idea where to start!

I don't really want to go on the beds because I'm quite pasty and I'd probably just burn because I don't actually tan. I was thinking a weekly/bi weekly spray tan but I'm sure that would be expensive.

Any thoughts from any ladies who tan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

A gradual tanner would be your best bet, use it every two or three days and you'll always have a glow but you won't have the horrible scaley look that you get when a dark fake tan fades.

I use cocoa brown gradual tan on my body and a st tropez gradual face tanner. I always exfoliate well 12/24 hours before hand, moisturize my face and dry parts (ankles, knees, elbows, around my armpits etc. ) and wear surgical gloves (very cheap for a big box in the pharmacy) to apply the gradual tanning lotion. Takes about 10 minutes and doesn't really smell all or stain clothing/ bed sheets. Dove gradual tanner is also very popular and they're both very affordable.

Please don't use sunbeds, skin cancer is too high a risk, it's not worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

GingerLily wrote: »
    A gradual tanner would be your best bet, use it every two or three days and you'll always have a glow but you won't have the horrible scaley look that you get when a dark fake tan fades.

I use cocoa brown gradual tan on my body and a st tropez gradual face tanner. I always exfoliate well 12/24 hours before hand, moisturize my face and dry parts (ankles, knees, elbows, around my armpits etc. ) and wear surgical gloves (very cheap for a big box in the pharmacy) to apply the gradual tanning lotion. Takes about 10 minutes and doesn't really smell all or stain clothing/ bed sheets. Dove gradual tanner is also very popular and they're both very affordable.

Please don't use sunbeds, skin cancer is too high a risk, it's not worth it!!

Lovely, thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcgovern8952

For every day I love make believe mist with bronzer and argan oil. It is so natural and affordable and more importantly to me it doesn't smell . It doesn't stain or go flakey around elbows etc. I wouldn't be getting a spray tan that often as you are left with patches when its coming off , especially the neck area, and applying more tan over it makes it worse. My fave gradual tanner is by Garnier as I can deal with its smell. My go to night out tan is BBold, also because it doesn't smell.
    Tip for you all, after applying your tan or the day after , moisturize it with a gradual Tanner and the tan won't budge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 makeuplover

just buy a bottle of cocoa brown and you will have a lovely biscuit colour tan daily spray tans take ages to wash off and go extremely streaky after about 4 days and just looks like muck

Advertisement