Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 7 Plus from US

Options
  • 10-11-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭

I was hoping to get an iphone 7 plus in NY and get my sister to bring it home for Christmas. Was wondering if anyone had any info on this?

Basically, I could order it online from Apple and have it delivered to her. It says on the Apple website this would take 3-4 weeks, which by my calculations would be 8-9 December. However, if on the website I choose store pickup it says 19 December in most NY stores. Why the discrepancy? Presumably if they could send her one by the 9th, they could have it available in store by then too. My worry is that it wouldn't be sent out until around the 19th and she's comin home on the 20th. Or if I chose store pickup how likely is it that it would actually be in the store on the 19th?

Anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Only have experience in buying from the Apple Store on 5th avenue.
    Never had to pre order.
    Date sound tight for it to work and if it's delayed by one day you will miss it.

My best guess is though that tbwill be available in store before the date they give you now. Can you pay using an Irish card online though?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Only have experience in buying from the Apple Store on 5th avenue.
    Never had to pre order.
    Date sound tight for it to work and if it's delayed by one day you will miss it.

My best guess is though that tbwill be available in store before the date they give you now. Can you pay using an Irish card online though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

kceire wrote: »
    Can you pay using an Irish card online though?

I've purchased a few times from apple US web site using an Irish credit card with delivery to US address. No issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

ablelocks wrote: »
    I've purchased a few times from apple US web site using an Irish credit card with delivery to US address. No issue with it.

I would be shocked if you didn't get that delivered before the 9th December. The Apple delivery estimates are often exaggerated to avoid disappointment. They have been shopping 3-4 weeks for a long time now and that's likely to slide to 2-3 weeks soon.

I would go for it. Incredibly unlikely to arrive on the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I was hoping to get an iphone 7 plus in NY and get my sister to bring it home for Christmas. Was wondering if anyone had any info on this?

Basically, I could order it online from Apple and have it delivered to her. It says on the Apple website this would take 3-4 weeks, which by my calculations would be 8-9 December. However, if on the website I choose store pickup it says 19 December in most NY stores. Why the discrepancy? Presumably if they could send her one by the 9th, they could have it available in store by then too. My worry is that it wouldn't be sent out until around the 19th and she's comin home on the 20th. Or if I chose store pickup how likely is it that it would actually be in the store on the 19th?

Anyone any experience with this?

Hey there
    Thinking of the same - presumably there'll be no problems with the US phone at this end. Is there anything that can go wrong.

Whats the best way through customs - just put the phone in ur pocket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

karlitob wrote: »
    Hey there
    Thinking of the same - presumably there'll be no problems with the US phone at this end. Is there anything that can go wrong.

Whats the best way through customs - just put the phone in ur pocket?

Hadn't given much thought to customs. She brought a load of gifts home last year and wasn't even stopped.

Advertisement