Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Account

Options
  • 10-11-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The only account I currently have with BoI is a current account.

I will soon be receiving a sum of money that I would prefer to manage in a new account separate from my current account. This new account doesn’t require an ATM card, VISA debit, direct debit facilities or anything like that. I only need to capability to transfer funds between that new account and my current account.

Can you please advise what account I should apply for to meet my requirements above.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

The only account I currently have with BoI is a current account.

I will soon be receiving a sum of money that I would prefer to manage in a new account separate from my current account. This new account doesn’t require an ATM card, VISA debit, direct debit facilities or anything like that. I only need to capability to transfer funds between that new account and my current account.

Can you please advise what account I should apply for to meet my requirements above.

Thanks.
    Hi SimonTemplar,

Thanks for your post here.

It's possible to open a second Current account for this sum of money and open this through 365 Online and select Apply Online. You can choose not to receive a debit card with this second current account in your application.

An alternative to a second Current account would be a Demand Deposit account. You can find more information on this type of account here. If you would like to discuss opening an account such as a Demand Deposit please contact your branch to arrange an appointment. You can book an appointment on our website here.

You can also discuss your options with our Savings team on 0818 200 347 (9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday) and a representative will be happy to discuss this with you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement