Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I had heard about this but hadn't had a chance to read any of it yet, so thanks for posting.

I like Iain Macintosh - he's a regular on The Guardian's excellent Football Weekly podcast.

Might eventually do a story myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Media Prediction was 1st and I managed to win the SSE 1st Division at the first time of asking. It was a very tight affair up until the last few matches, between UCD and myself. It was us two teams for the majority of the season battling it out for 1st and 2nd with it ending up the 3rd place team a good 10 points behind.

FAI Cup - Knocked out of 3rd round by Cork
    EA Cup - Knocked out of Semi final by Pats
    Munster Senior Cup - Knocked out of semi final by Cork on pen's

SSE%20Airtricity%20First%20Division_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsc5drt6ds.png

2nd season and a bit of a struggle, brought in a few players which always add's a bit of hardship especially in the tactics department and getting used to them. The media predicted we'd finish 8th but we finished 5th, 3 points behind Shamrock Rovers. Dundalk won their 4th consecutive title.

Won the FAI Irish Daily Mail Senior Cup - beating Shamrock Rovers 5-2 and qualifying for the Europa League, 1st qualifying round
    Won the EA Sports Cup beating the league champions 2-1
    Won the Munster Senior Cup - beating Cobh Ramblers 2-0

Better year for Cup wins, nabbed a few absolute stars there at the end of the season on free transfers. Luke Coddington(GK), Andrew Tutte(MC), Anton Rodgers(MC). Few of my youngsters have really come on well this season. Should be hoping to win title next season.

Into the third season, decided to leave my training to my Assistant manager, already beat Marseille reserves 2-0 in a friendly and drew 0-0 with PSG reserves. Beat the title challengers and champions Dundalk 3-0 in the Presidents cup - good start to the season. Lets hope I go on and win it now.

What a season!!

I've added some more silverware to the Trophy cabinet following my President's Cup victory over Dundalk.
    If you could see the run in that I just had, it was literally fighting tooth and nail, neck and neck with Dundalk, Pats and myself before Pats fell away. Last match of the season, Dundalk and Limerick both on level points and close enough points difference, and I have to go to Oriel park too, to win the match and to win the League. A draw wouldnt be good enough, I simply had to win. Opened the scoring in the 7th minute and immediately shut up shop, and we scored again in the 17th minute.Dundalk had a player sent off in the 57th and we finished off the match with a goal in the 70th - I really couldnt be expected to go to bed. I was literally silent shouting when we scored that first goal :D

Only lost 5 games in all competitions all season and must of had about 20 or so clean sheets I reckon. Had a good few draws which I wasnt happy with as I was clearly the better team, but a point is better than nothing.

Won the Premier Division by 3 points
    Knocked out of the 3rd qualifying stage of Europa League by Djugardens IF on aggregate
    Knocked out of the FAI Irish Daily Mail Senior Cup by Rovers (hammered them 4-0 in the next match in the league)
    Won the EA Sports Cup by beating Dundalk on penalties 4-3
    Won the Munster Senior Cup beating Mervue United 4-0

On to the Champions League!!

• Advertisement

The GK I signed Luke Coddington got GK of the year with 17 clean sheets!!

4th Season and I'm absolutely killing it at the moment. 12 wins in a row for the club, 10 in the league, one shy of Dundalk's record of 11.
    22 games without losing in the league. I went 14 games without conceding.

Won the Presidents Cup again beating Shamrock Rovers 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Finished my first season of this year's game the other day.

Started with Man Utd. I like to take my time and build 2/3 custom tactics, sort out training, bring in new staff, etc.

I got rid of Fellaini, Young, Valencia, Schweinsteiger and released/sent a few youngsters out on loan.

I only brought in Adrien Silva from Sporting (who, apart from constantly being booked/sent off, has been great) and Dominic Iorfa from Wolves as full back cover.

I generally play a 4-2-3-1 formation. Pogba has easily been my best player and probably the best player in the league. Scored approx 20 goals from midfield in the "roaming playmaker" role. Ibrahimovic scored close to 30 despite being injured for a couple of months, and Rashford managed 18 despite his bit-part role. The main problem was how leaky my defense was, not helped by Bailly's month at the ACON and a lengthy injury.

Won the Community Shield but just missed out on everything else, which was frustrating. Runner up in the league to Arsenal who were unbelievable, so I couldn't have done much more there. I lost in the Europa League final to Lyon, League Cup final to Newcastle and the FA Cup final to Chelsea (Adrien Silva sent off early on). I mainly used a second string team/youngsters in the Europa League and Cups.

Ibrahimovic's stats have deteriorated a bit but I will probably still trigger the option of extending his contract by a year because of how well he's done. He's also my vice-captain. I will be looking to bring in another high profile striker though to take the burden off him a bit - possibly Griezmann or Dybala.

Rooney will probably be on the way out. He wasn't happy I replaced him as captain (with A. Silva) and has been complaining about wanting a new challenge all season. Jones has also been unhappy about his playing time, and I'd like to bring in another CB, so he may be sold too.

Feel free to fire any questions my way or let me know if I left anything out.

Another season completely laden with silverware

I also managed to get through the Champions League qualifying stages and make it to the millionaire club in the Group Stages. I have Liverpool, Lyon & Inter Milan in my group. My first qualifier was against Celtic and drew 2-2 all Celtic Park and won the return fixture at Thomond park 1-0. For winning the CL Qualifying playoff I was awarded 2 million, and a further 12 million for getting to the group stages.

I've played Lyon and Liverpool away and lost 4-1 and 3-1 respectively. I beat Inter 3-1 at home which netted me 1.5 million in prize money. I'm not going to completely rip my squad up as I have some potential stars in the team and I need a bit of an irish contingent for the CL games anyway.

Won the Presidents Cup beating Shamrock Rovers 2-0
    Lost the Munster Senior Cup to Cork on penalties
    Won the EA Sports Cup beating Dundalk 2-0
    Won the Premier League by 7 points in the end conceding only 14 goals all season, while only scoring 51.
    Won the FAI Cup beating Dundalk 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

First season done with Reggina and I finished 5th in Serie C. That was enough to secure play offs which included two knock out rounds, followed by quarters. We managed this in the play off final!

15253389_10157738506725307_532009171452655119_n.jpg?oh=eaec0980dd6985ffebcf12ca7e14ea27&oe=58B3D753

Serie B, here we come!! :D

• Advertisement

Nice amount of shots on target

Shots on Target is rarely ever a problem. Getting the ball in the back of the net tends to be a problem though!

Completely gutted my squad and now I'm slightly regretting it. :o

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Shots on Target is rarely ever a problem. Getting the ball in the back of the net tends to be a problem though!

Completely gutted my squad and now I'm slightly regretting it. :o

I hear you on that one! Kind of frustrating isnt it

The aim for Reggina was to avoid relegation from Serie B but we managed to finish 5th! :eek: I lost the play off semi final but to be honest, I think it was a blessing. I wouldn't have the resources to do well in Serie A and the wages to attract players there would kill the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Exams finished so decided to do New save on Cork City.

Going well into June point behind Bohs and into 2nd round of Europa where i got Linfield. Beat them, and I get Rio Ave.

If I don't finish in the top 3 in serie B then reggina are going to be in bother financially! I'll have to sell and rebuild!

Won promotion to Serie A

giphy.gif

I'm in January 2020 and Reggina are sitting in 5th place in their first season in Serie A. I have had a few loan players with me for a couple of seasons that are signing on for frees when their contract is up. I've found not changing my team too much means I'm hitting the ground running in the new season as the players are familiar with the tactics.

5 players I brought in on free transfers at the beginning of the season are now worth a combined 9.4 million. A player I got in on a free the season before is now worth 8.5 million! :eek:

Keeping the same players is vital!!

Reggina finish their first season in Serie A in fourth place ahead of Juventus, Lazio, A.C. Milan and Roma! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

In 2021 now with Cork , struggled from 2016 - 2018 in those 3 seasons I finished 2 and and 3rd a while away from Dundalk and Pats.

What saved me I think was getting relatively easy euro qualifiers getting to the group stages in my 1st season which gave me a few mill. Got knocked out in the plays off in years 2 and 3 against Roma and then Ajax.

A few of my youth finds matured a bit then in season 4 and I dominated the league, picked up Brandon Miele on a free he's got player of the season the past 3 years. I went on to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League in season 4 or 5 and even parked the bus in the Turners Cross to pick up a 1 - 1 Vs Real Madrid! but we currently hold the record for shipping most goals in the group stages now at about 27. Group was Real, PSG and Fenerbache.

Into Season 6 now sitting on a balance of about 12M doing well in the league, putting the money into the best coaches I can attract and some good youth prospects with the eventual goal of selling some prospect over priced combined with a few more Champions league stages I will rebuild the Stadium.

Recently signed a new 3 year deal, the board are up near 90% happy, they're annoyed that I sold a young DM prospect for 2M.

picked up Brandon Miele on a free he's got player of the season the past 3 years.

I cant believe they left him go, or did you sign him before his contract was up? I was after him for a while and then brought in my own players that were better and didnt need him.

I'm just scouring all the LOI clubs for their talented youngsters and buying them, my u19s team is running away with the league!

Didn't realise so much of my squad would be u21 this year and I really, really struggled with squad registration. Had to sell a few players. Squad isn't happy being spread so thin. My youth system is producing no good players either.

Didn't realise so much of my squad would be u21 this year and I really, really struggled with squad registration. Had to sell a few players. Squad isn't happy being spread so thin. My youth system is producing no good players either.

I'm buying most of the good youth players and having them at the club in the hope I'll have a strong European side of mostly HG players, and its starting to work. I was able to add a good few foreigners to the team this year, we should qualify again for the CL group stages. Still on National rep with 2.5 stars though.

That's what I'll have to do too. I have to upgrade my youth coaching but the coaches available to me aren't great at the moment. Need the club rep to improve too.

That's what I'll have to do too. I have to upgrade my youth coaching but the coaches available to me aren't great at the moment. Need the club rep to improve too.

Mine keep getting poached and when I try to talk to them, they politely tell me to fup off. I even offer them a better contract and they still leave.

Oh that's annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

PSG came in to bid with 400k for one of my youth prospects, an 18yr od Serb.

I politely slapped a f*ck off reply of 65M with 2 year loan back, they accepted straight away!

WTF!

PSG came in to bid with 400k for one of my youth prospects, an 18yr od Serb.

I politely slapped a f*ck off reply of 65M with 2 year loan back, they accepted straight away!

WTF!

I wish that would happen, all the clubs that come after my players offer my lowball offers. The funny thing, the players complain when I price them out of leaving but when I do sell them, their value is more than what I've sold them for, say I sell someone for 750k, the player is worth 1m at the club he goes to because of possibly their league/club status. So its only right I hold out for a good offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So PSG are nutters in everybodys game yeah?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement